ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

tree-style notes - TreeDBNotes - Keynote-NF - AllMyNotes Organizer and more

<< < (2/5) > >>

CleverCat:
AllMyNotes will soon have some great new features like alarms! Yay  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
I was using keepnote, but now I'm using lyx. You can have it portable on win (LyTeX). Great outliner, and features you don't find in notetakers (tables, equations). Even if you don't ever use it as intended (producing nice latex docs), it's a killer tool. All files are plain text, no vendor lock-in. and autocompletion built-in...
-urlwolf (March 07, 2010, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

? Can you recommend which to download, with texlive or miktex ?  Miktex was uploaded more recently

* LyTeX-1.6k-bin.exe   1.6k stable release -- with texlive
* LyTeX-1.6s-bin.exe   1.6s stable release -- with miktex 
http://code.google.com/p/lytex/downloads/list

criss:
Please consider AM-Notebook. I rely heavily in work on this program and recommend it, because I'm so content with it (and I used many tree outliner).

Latest Version: http://www.aignes.com/beta.htm

It supports RTF-Notes (TRichEdit), tables (with Excel like formulas) and now also diagrams.
It never crashes (Use it everday since half a year.).
Responsive author.
Completely Unicode, small, portable, clean interface, good export
You can have multiple tabs, but not like most tree outliner with a tab for every tree, but a tab for every note in one tree (much better IMHO).
Extremely secure:
- unlimeted undo
- documents stored as separate files on harddisk, no database that can get corrupt
- automatically save sdocuments and saves last three versions (can be more if you want)
- daily autobackup of all data
Fast open/find notes: press Ctrl+F5 start typing the name of the note, press Enter voila.
Share notes collection with other users over network.
No Candybar-Look: rather bare bone but clear and functional (I like that).

urlwolf:
I was using keepnote, but now I'm using lyx. You can have it portable on win (LyTeX). Great outliner, and features you don't find in notetakers (tables, equations). Even if you don't ever use it as intended (producing nice latex docs), it's a killer tool. All files are plain text, no vendor lock-in. and autocompletion built-in...
-urlwolf (March 07, 2010, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno much about win. but I think miktex is better there...

? Can you recommend which to download, with texlive or miktex ?  Miktex was uploaded more recently

* LyTeX-1.6k-bin.exe   1.6k stable release -- with texlive
* LyTeX-1.6s-bin.exe   1.6s stable release -- with miktex 
http://code.google.com/p/lytex/downloads/list
-tomos (March 08, 2010, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Josh:
I am glad I found this thread. I am now checking out AM-Notebook. The primary feature that I see from criss's post above was that all files are stored independently on disk not requiring a database that can corrupt. Big plus!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version