ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Will you miss newspapers when they're gone?

<< < (10/12) > >>

40hz:
Some kid in the future is going to end up with anarchy t-shirts, stuff decorated with Miley Cyrus, a bunch of bad punk CD's, and a heap of zombie & vampire related books.

What the heck is going to go through their mind when they see that stuff for the first time?
-app103 (March 10, 2010, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly something along the lines of "WTF???"  :)

KynloStephen66515:
Some kid in the future is going to end up with anarchy t-shirts, stuff decorated with Miley Cyrus, a bunch of bad punk CD's, and a heap of zombie & vampire related books.

What the heck is going to go through their mind when they see that stuff for the first time?
-app103 (March 10, 2010, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly something along the lines of "WTF???"  :)

-40hz (March 10, 2010, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, depending on how de-sensitized they are :P

Tekzel:
Heh, that was a fun read. I grew up in the 80s (I was a teen then, and turned 18 in 1990) so that was a fun read and definitely hit home. Regarding the remotes, I remember our first remote. It was attached to the cable box with this long ass cord. The remote itself was a crazy long thing, about 12 inches long by 6 inches wide. You held it like a keyboard. It had all these switches, one for each channel, and when you flipped one of them the other one flipped back, changing the channel. So weird thinking about that now.

I have a "compare and contrast" essay due in my English comp class next Tuesday and had been wondering what topic to choose. This, I think, has given me the perfect topic :)

40hz:
@Tekzel - take a look at this thread too while you're at it:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21995.0

Further ruminations and reminiscences by fellow DC'ers who are old enough to be your...erm...older brothers & sisters. ;D

Luck with your essay. (They still do those?)  :Thmbsup:

ashish128:
I will but still I love nature and to save trees I will Prefer news on mobile. This way I will only opt for news I am interested in (say science) and leave the other ones out (say Politics).

Ashish

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version