ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Organize files into folders based on flename wildcard parsing

<< < (14/16) > >>

dariotoby:
Yes is the artist ALWAYS before the first dash in the file name

Hi, dariotoby, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Type in these ways are karaoke files and I have many
I have these files put all in a folder like Download
Then I have already organized files in folders named for Artist in another PC folder
I would like you to move them to existing folders that have the artist's name in another PC folder.
Someone can help me on how to configure the program I read all the theard I try strings but they do not work.
-dariotoby (October 21, 2018, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did create a program to move audio files according to their tags called Tags 2 Folders but File Punter might be better suited to your case.  One question -- in your filenames, is the artist ALWAYS before the first dash in the file name?  For example:

Aretha Franklin - Right woman do right man (Cori) (K5) .mp3
Ariana Grande & John Legend - Beauty and the beast (Cori) (K5) - by Maker.mp3
-skwire (October 21, 2018, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

skwire:
You could do something like this:

In case it's not clear, the pattern is: (.*?) -

Or course, you will need to adjust the paths according to your file system (leave the ??1 at the end of your destination path).  After creating an entry like above, click the "Run simulation" button to see if the entry will match and move how you expect.  For instance, in my test setup for you, here's my simulation report (I coloured some bits to show you how it matches everything before the first dash and then creates a folder from that data):

C:\download\music\Aretha Franklin - Right woman do right man (Cori) (K5).mp3 --> c:\music\artists\Aretha Franklin\Aretha Franklin - Right woman do right man (Cori) (K5).mp3
C:\download\music\Ariana Grande & John Legend - Beauty and the beast (Cori) (K5) - by Maker.mp3 --> c:\music\artists\Ariana Grande & John Legend\Ariana Grande & John Legend - Beauty and the beast (Cori) (K5) - by Maker.mp3

Furthermore, I would use the "Copy files to destination" method until you are positive it's matching and moving properly.  Keep in mind that you can really screw things up with FilePunter if you're not sure you know what you're doing.  Hence, all the simulation/test modes I offer in the program.

dariotoby:
Great fantastic beautiful I did 30 seconds that required work days. You are great

nkormanik:
Seems all files are placed into single folder.  Original nested folders as well.  No mirrored folders appear to be created.

Is there a way to copy the original folder structure, too?

Thanks!

Nicholas Kormanik

skwire:
Seems all files are placed into single folder.  Original nested folders as well.  No mirrored folders appear to be created.

Is there a way to copy the original folder structure, too?
-nkormanik (April 19, 2020, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

For File Punter to recreate the original folder structure, you would have to match parts of the source folder structure you wanted and re-use them to recreate the destination.  However, if you're just looking to copy/mirror over a folder structure and files, File Punter is NOT the app for you.  Use one of the myriad of file/folder synchronization apps out there.  If that's not what you need to do, please give me detailed information on what you need to accomplish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version