ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Organize files into folders based on flename wildcard parsing

<< < (10/16) > >>

magician62:
And to add a feature request or two.

When you start to get long list of options, it would be nice to be able to insert a blank line :)

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to apply to folders. (The contents of the folder would go with the folder to it's new destination no matter what their name)

And one other option, a Notes column to allow us a reminder of what the option was for in the first place :)

skwire:
Error dialogue
Destination DRIVE does not exist. Please chose a valid destination.

At present the only solution is to map the drive to a letter.-magician62 (October 26, 2013, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did some testing on this and it seems to be an AutoHotkey bug/limitation.  There are a few solutions I can think of:

* Turn off the sanity checking for the destination drive (I'm loath to do this).
* Make the sanity checking for the destination drive optional (hidden INI option).
* Leave it as is so that mapped drives are the solution.

When you start to get long list of options, it would be nice to be able to insert a blank line :)-magician62 (November 24, 2013, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

This shouldn't be a problem.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to apply to folders. (The contents of the folder would go with the folder to it's new destination no matter what their name)-magician62 (November 24, 2013, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ehhh...I'll have to give this some thought.  No promises on this one.

And one other option, a Notes column to allow us a reminder of what the option was for in the first place :)
-magician62 (November 24, 2013, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea, actually, and easily doable.

skwire:
I didn't add the blank line request as I felt it was inelegant.  I'll give it some more thought.  Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to merge this thread with the original File Punter thread.

Website | Download
v1.0.7 - 2013-12-04
    + Drag-n-drop reordering in the listview is now possible.
    + Added icons to the menus.
    + Added description column.  (Thanks, magician62)
    * Application is now DPI aware.

magician62:
Hi Jody, sure merge away :) I am at present splitting my time between several time eating tasks and trying to prepare for the holiday season. I have just downloaded and will test shortly.

The odd thing about the path's is that a network location works for the source just not destination.

It doesn't help that I am still installing software after replacing the HDD and starting from scratch in an attempt to find what program has been causing the computer to effectively stall at times, with no obvious processor or memory issues, then it just continues!

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.8 - 2014-04-09
    ! Using pipes in pattern strings would screw up their display in the
      dropdown list.  (Thanks, Christian)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version