topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: good Videos [short films] here :)  (Read 278274 times)

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: good Videos [short films] here :)
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2016, 05:50 AM »
Hürda Gürda Mürder:

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2016, 04:34 PM »
Alternate video of Leopard erroneously labels it a cheetah;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzcUz1n130
Full video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45WuMnPixpw
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:22 AM by holt »

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:27 AM by panzer »

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42 PM »
The Man From Death
A madcap, adrenalized, kung-fu, video game Western that pushes VFX and practical effects to their goofy, awesome limits.  Attacked by the nefarious Ailester Hall, a man seeks revenge for his wife's death with the help of a mysterious list of prophecies.

https://vimeo.com/156553337
the-man-from-death-770x433.jpg

Careful, this one is pretty over-the-top.  :o

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2016, 06:17 AM »
The Man From Death

you always find the gems lol
Tom

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2016, 06:41 PM »
A couple of what I thought were far better than most I've seen lately. The first deals with a "forensic accountant," reviewing some cabin cam footage of a mercenary drop assault on a space colony. The second is a police story from a future NYC where police protection is provided solely as a commercial subscription service.

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Wintergatan - Marble Machine:

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2016, 03:18 AM »
Plug - A Short Film about robots raising the last human girl on earth.

https://vimeo.com/109873939

Very nice.  Hope to see his project come to fruition.  :Thmbsup:

A couple of what I thought were far better than most I've seen lately. The first deals with a "forensic accountant," reviewing some cabin cam footage of a mercenary drop assault on a space colony. The second is a police story from a future NYC where police protection is provided solely as a commercial subscription service.

First one was good, if a bit depressing  (that gut-twist ending...), and the second I had seen before, but quite the thought-provoker.   :Thmbsup:

Here's one I recently found via FilmShortage:
Prism
Dan Warner is a Desaturator, tasked with sapping beauty from the world in a future where color is used as energy.

Mikky111

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2016, 08:12 AM »
nice pics guys  :D :D

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2016, 03:30 PM »
Green Goblin!

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2016, 02:14 AM »
Movie written by algorithm turns out to be hilarious and intense
In the wake of Google's AI Go victory, filmmaker Oscar Sharp turned to his technologist collaborator Ross Goodwin to build a machine that could write screenplays. They created "Jetson" and fueled him with hundreds of sci-fi TV and movie scripts. Shortly thereafter, Jetson announced it wished to be addressed as Benjamin. Building a team including Thomas Middleditch, star of HBO's Silicon Valley, they gave themselves 48 hours to shoot and edit whatever Benjamin (Jetson) decided to write.

Longer exposition of what's going on here:
http://arstechnica.c...ts-strangely-moving/

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2016, 04:37 AM »
Michael Dunlop Superbike FASTEST ever TT Lap RECORD:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2016, 04:08 PM »
The music on this one needs a bit of volume (Beethoven's 7th Symphony / 2nd movement)

Las Vegas In Infrared (Philip Bloom)

filmed @ 250 frames per second (!) using a Sony RX 100 IV -- which is a fixed-lens compact camera (but not a cheap one).
Tom

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2016, 04:35 AM »
Planet Unknown:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Short Video - Doco about a thief, made using the hacked phone he stole.
« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2016, 02:08 PM »
An inadvertent but interesting study of human nature - the thief's and the man who made the documentary.

Published on 13 Dec 2016
After my phone got stolen, I quickly realized just how much of my personal information and data the thief had instantly obtained. So, I let another phone get stolen. This time my phone was pre-programmed with spyware so I could keep tabs on the thief in order to get to know him. However, to what extent is it possible to truly get to know someone by going through the content of their phone?

In the Netherlands, 300 police reports a week are filed for smartphone-theft. Besides losing your expensive device, a stranger has access to all of your photos, videos, e-mails, messages and contacts.

Yet, what kind of person steals a phone? And where do stolen phones eventually end up?

The short documentary ‘Find My Phone’ follows a stolen phone’s second life by means of using spyware.

Although you’ll meet the person behind the theft up close and personal, the question remains: how well can you actually get to know someone when you base yourself on the information retrieved from their phone?

Do you want the full story behind the film? You can contact me in order to answer all of your questions by means of an interview (I’m proficient in Dutch and English), or to invite me to a film festival.

[email protected]
anthonyvdmeer.nl
#FMP
Dutch version can be found here: https://vimeo.com/191763814

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Just watched a few minutes (not all), fascinating so far ! Thanks.
.merle1.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Short animated video - the Employment.
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2016, 07:56 AM »
I am unsure what this short animation is actually trying to say, but it seems to say a lot about working for a living:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2017, 10:46 AM »
This YouTube video version of a poem is a good example of use of the medium and of the hope for democracy in the USA (apparently based on the premise that it ain't there yet):
EDIT 2017-01-02 1637hrs: Just thought I'd better clarify, before someone criticises me for posting a politically biased comment or patiently explains it to me, that I am not so blind as to not see that this video and the quoted words (not necessarily the poem per se) seem to make a thinly-disguised pejorative polemic against the election of citizen Trump - who has been elected as president, by the people, in what I understand was a fully democratic process that the people have been contentedly using for donkey's years. So I am categorically not advocating nor supporting arguments one way or the other regarding that democratic process.
  • So, yes, I can see that the polemic was probably made by people amongst the minority that "lost" - those voters who presumably didn't vote for Trump and yet who may still wish to see their religio-political ideology forcibly trump the wishes of the democratic majority ("sore losers", as some have called them).

• And yes, I can see the irony in this, but that does not detract from the beauty of the poem nor from the legitimacy of the inspiring hope that the democratic process can be improved still further, because it certainly doesn't seem to be there yet - even the president-elect said, quite seriously, that the election process was "rigged", and his opponents and detractors have belatedly claimed that "the Russians did it", or something (Yeah, I know - right? Them darn Ruskies.), rather than seek an internal locus of control for responsibility for failure to win the election (or rig it properly in their favour, if they had rigged it - as the president-elect may have been implying).

• And yes, I can see that one implication there, of course, could be - from what he said - the hope that the president-elect intends to change something to better align things with a pukka democratic process, because, as a relative "wild card" he might just be the right person to do that, whereas the status quo so-called and self-styled "professional" political candidates sure as heck weren't going to do anything in that regard, having apparently studiously ignored the opportunity to do so over the last 8 years and seeming at times to have been more concerned with attacking/dismantling the American Constitution, rather than making it a stronger democratic construct to ensure a more egalitarian society with improved access to equal franchise, freedom and liberty. So, sure, there's the hope that he will try to fix that for all whilst he "drains the swamp". We shall see.

I should also say that one thing I don't support and didn't like about this otherwise rather good video is the raised fists, which could potentially be a further discrete fascistic incitement to the sort of mindless post-election violence against people and in "protest" riots that was experienced (if not encouraged) in parts of the US. However, I am aware that that mindless violence was probably committed by and probably revealed a lot about a relatively small minority of American people and their perception of the need for real "democracy" - the majority presumably seeing it as being undemocratic to go around thumping people and causing property damage because your party lost a democratic election to a sizeable majority, or something.

Published on 22 Dec 2016
In these dark days Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman found comfort and hope in the work of Leonard Cohen. Together they recorded this new version of “Democracy.” Amanda composed the piano and Neil recorded the lyrics. Their friends David Mack and Olga Nunes created this stunning video to go with the song.

A storm is brewing. PEN America will help writers and artists and citizens survive and thrive through this maelstrom.

Join Amanda and Neil in supporting PEN America today. www.pen.org
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:04 AM by IainB »

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2017, 10:49 PM »

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2017, 02:35 AM »
Rats Are Awesome!

Great, thanks. That's comforting to see happy rodents/animals !
.merle1.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2017, 11:31 AM »
I should also say that one thing I don't support and didn't like about this otherwise rather good video is the raised fists, which could potentially be a further discrete fascistic incitement to the sort of mindless post-election violence against people and in "protest" riots that was experienced (if not encouraged) in parts of the US. However, I am aware that that mindless violence was probably committed by and probably revealed a lot about a relatively small minority of American people and their perception of the need for real "democracy" - the majority presumably seeing it as being undemocratic to go around thumping people and causing property damage because your party lost a democratic election to a sizeable majority, or something.

The raised fist, or the clenched fist, is a symbol of solidarity and support. It is also used as a salute to express unity, strength, defiance, or resistance. The salute dates back to ancient Assyria as a symbol of resistance in the face of violence.  One might draw parallels to, most recently, Standing Rock's Water Protectors, or not so recently the Civil Rights movement in the United States.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2017, 09:09 PM »
This one was a head-scratcher from the beginning, and left me going "Wut?" at the end.
Subtitles for us monophones.

RESET
Living a solitary farm-life, a young girl's reality begins to break apart in this mind-bending Sci-Fi short...

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2017, 11:33 PM »
Well, it's SF-surrealism, I guess. I rather liked it! Nice find.    :Thmbsup: