ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (69/75) > >>

tomos:
There's something very meditative about these videos:
below is #18 in a series about an aquarium without filter/CO2/fertilizer.
Occasional moments of drama (Loomster, who you see in this video -- his parents started fighting and had to be put in separate tanks in the previous video...)

made with smartphone + macro lens attachment

Deozaan:
Very early film usually plays at a very high speed (I'm not sure why) and is silent...
-tomos (May 25, 2019, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's because the person filming had to manually spin the reel, and they didn't spin it while recording as fast as it plays back on the projector machine.

There's something very meditative about these videos:
below is #18 in a series about an aquarium without filter/CO2/fertilizer.

made with smartphone + macro lens attachment
-tomos (July 06, 2019, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very clean looking water for no filters. Also very high quality image for a smartphone. I enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing. :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
Very early film usually plays at a very high speed (I'm not sure why) and is silent...
Here, the uploader corrected the speed and added sound to 1890's footage from Paris, France.
Makes it much more real for me:

Late 1890s - A Trip Through Paris, France (speed corrected w/ added sound)
-tomos (May 25, 2019, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very enjoyable, and testimony to the effect that a good Foley artistw can have on an otherwise boring scene, sound-wise.  I have a few critiques about how it could have been filled-out a bit better, but I'll keep those to myself.

Deozaan:

"To Scale: The Solar System"
-tomos (March 20, 2017, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I came across this again today from another source and thought "this seems interesting." Then as I got a minute or so into it I thought "I should post about this in the Short Films thread on DC!" And then it started feeling very familiar and I'd realized I'd already seen it. Sure enough, this is where I'd seen it. :Thmbsup:

Well worth another watch, IMO.

Deozaan:
This doesn't quite belong in this thread, as it's more of a "documentary" of a very niche subject. That is, it's about trying to find an Easter egg in a video game.

The Decade-Long Quest For Shadow of the Colossus' Last Secret

It was summarized pretty well in the comments: "When you leave a game unfinished and accidentally start a religion."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version