ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Boxer editor 14 released - paid upgrade, $29.00 - text wrap at last

<< < (2/5) > >>

allen:
As cyberdiva mentioned,  until now, boxer did not have on screen word wrap. You could wrap and unwrap it but it was adding/removing hard breaks.

The XML formatting/unformatting works great, too . . . but for the most part, Boxer 14 is a lot of nice, subtle enhancements to the real core of the product--text handling.  Too soon to even reasonably mention it, but it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, David can come up with for Boxer 15.  Boxer does it all -- more than enough to make one suspect bloat but it's rock solid/stable and < 7 megs.

Tuxman:
Hmm, still rather expensive.

AndyM:
Hmm, still rather expensive.
-Tuxman (March 03, 2010, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
compared to NotePad, yes. not worth it if you don't need it.

To those of us who use the tool and have had years of experience with the product and the company, a $29 upgrade price is a pittance.

rjbull:
$29 upgrade price is a pittance.-AndyM (March 04, 2010, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's worth adding - with a nod to Allen's comment about rock-solid - that Boxer's updates are rare, so not unreasonable to charge.  It's then a case of whether it's worth it to any particular user.

Darwin:
I'd just add that rjbull's original comment about the cost of the upgrade to Boxer Editor 14 seemed to me to be more along the line that for him "$29 is a lot of money to pay to get a single feature", and not that it's an outrageous sum for an upgrade. He's no longer using it and I presume has found an alternative with which he is happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version