ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon.com == AMAZING!

<< < (6/7) > >>

J-Mac:
They also do price matching with other internet companies. In the UK you can almost guarantee that Amazon products will be 1 penny cheaper than play.com.
-Carol Haynes (March 10, 2010, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amazon used to have a 30-Day price guarantee, meaning that if the Amazon price dropped within 30 days of your purchase you would get a refund for the difference. However they stopped doing that sometime early last year. Now that was a great feature! I miss that one.

Jim

pmcg:
I'm also a prime member and use Amazon whenever I can. I buy everything from them from coconut oil, to Sharpie DVD Markers, to computer parts, etc.

The only gripe I have with them is their shipping of fragile electronics. Hard disks in particular should only be shipped in a way that prevents all six sides from drops by the carrier. I have seen photos people have posted (even recently) of Amazon shipping hard drives in cardboard envelopes with no wrapping other than the thin bubblewrap liner of the envelope. New Egg is no better, btw. The only vendor I have found to ship hard drives properly is Zip Zoom Fly. They encase the drive securely in a foam enclosure that protects all six sides.

I recently ordered an Epson v600 scanner from Amazon. The scanner box was placed in a larger box with *no* padding. It was basically rattling around inside the big box. Fortunately it seemed fine..but I was not happy.

I still love Amazon and buy everything from them except for fragile electronics.

Carol Haynes:
Hard disks in particular should only be shipped in a way that prevents all six sides from drops by the carrier.
-pmcg (March 10, 2010, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be fair - the manufacturer should provide adequate pacakaging for the product. I was pretty horrified recently to receive a WD OEM internal drive in its antistatic bag just inside a card mailer. If you have to use RMA services they send you massive amounts of packaging to return the faulty item - why the heck have they started distributing new items with no more protection than a plastic bag and a sheet of cardboard. I have also received WD drives in 'bubble tube' packaging which is probably good for protection but you cant get the drive out without a pair of scissors - not good if you need to return the item.

vegas:
My UPS guy has to HATE me.  He just rings the buzzer and leaves the package now, doesn't even wait for me.  I order 1 or 2 shipments a week, been on Prime for 4 years now (much of it for other people). It's Flawless! Amazon rocks. Returns are SO easy, they usually cover all return shipping (if you select the proper reason for return ;)) There is definitely a difference between ordering from Amazon and it's third-party sellers, not too hard to distinguish. PLUS, big plus here, I can order stuff for other people.  I can order it through my prime, have it delivered to their house (2 days).  OR Add their credit card to my account and have it shipped to them OR me. Then delete their number right after the order is placed. TOO Easy. As long as it doesn't change any, I will keep renewing.  I must say I greatly miss the price matching, I got SO much money back using that.

TheQwerty:
I've only been a Prime member for 1 year, and I love it except for one thing...

Because it's so convenient I've ended up placing a ton more orders, and don't take too much care to consolidate them into larger purchases.  As a result I sometimes feel guilty about the increase in my carbon/waste footprint as a result of all these smaller orders.   :-[

Though that's entirely user error and I can't think of anything Amazon can do to help. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version