ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MMORPG Players - What Games do you play + Plug for Myth of Soma Server

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Anybody on here play MMORPG's?

If so, what do ya play?

Im currently back on one of the games i played YEARS ago, even tho there are NO official servers for it, and the game was abandoned, there is still a huge following and plenty of Free2Play servers are available for people to play about on.
Game I play is called 'Myth of Soma'

Wiki about the company who made it, and the game.

Official notice of server closure, account deletion and removal of services for: Legend of Mir 2, Legend of Mir 3, and Myth Of Soma.

http://www.gnonline.net/

Server I Play on (The best {and only} Free2Play Server):

www.remixworld.co.uk

Client download:

www.mythofsoma.info (choose: RemixFull.exe)

User Registration:

http://remixworld.co.uk/register.php

Community Forum

http://somadev.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Vote For This Server on XtremeTop100.com:

http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132302456

Basically the whole point to the game is to kill monsters, get items and new weapons, and armours, and to level your character.

There are 2 worlds to choose from, Human World and Devil World (Human world has the most work done on it at the moment, but Devil world is being worked on).

The leveling system is like no other, and pretty hard to explain, but basically you get stats (strength, dexterity, intelligence, constitution, wisdom and more) by attacking monsters.

Also there are a LOT of quests which you can do (all of which are optional, but can really help you during the game if you choose to do them)

In game character chat, guild chat, area shouts and map shouts are just a selection of the chatting capabilities.

Loads of Monster Bosses to beat!

There are weekly events such as "Guild Village War" and "War of The Worlds" and other random events hosted by the Game Masters.

The game itself is 2D Isometric and the system is quite old, but has been heavily modified to suit today's gamers without affecting the game play.

To sum it all up, you guys should all, at least, try this game.  It's great fun!

Lemme know if any of you try it.

Screenies:

Skip to 2:44 - Everything before is for the v1 client download and connection.

Official Video Trailer for Myth of Soma - Sorry for the Korean language, this was never translated.

Currently the server is under major development but this does not stop the game being available to play.

The user count currently stands at approximately 100 but is steadily growing. (This is a very large number for a Free2Play Server.)

A community of developers are attempting to get to get together to re-create this awesome game but thus far, have been unsuccessful due to none of them being committed enough.

If anyone is a huge fan of a particular game, please post it in here like I have done and in the same style, including links, and info where needed.

Thanks

-Stephen

Daleus:
I played four years in the original Everquest, a couple of days in EQ2. I've had an active account on and off for about 5-6 years with Eve-Online.

I have recently been playing D&D Online since just before Christmas when the game went free. I've also toyed around with dozens of the free games available here and there, although I haven't found one yet with much staying power (or I guess that should be phrased that *I* haven't had much staying power yet with the free games).

wraith808:
I've played too many of them at one time or another, but I have a lifetime subscription to Lord of the Rings Online (Silverlode server) and Champions Online.  I putter around in EQ2 (Everfrost and Befallen Servers) from time to time, and I've been playing Star Trek Online.

markan:
I play Lord of the Rings Online (Evernight server). I had a look at Star Trek Online, but it really didn't work for me.

KynloStephen66515:
I played four years in the original Everquest, a couple of days in EQ2. I've had an active account on and off for about 5-6 years with Eve-Online.

I have recently been playing D&D Online since just before Christmas when the game went free. I've also toyed around with dozens of the free games available here and there, although I haven't found one yet with much staying power (or I guess that should be phrased that *I* haven't had much staying power yet with the free games).

-Daleus (March 03, 2010, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you enjoyed Everquest, then you should check out the game I mentioned. 

I have updated my original post to include information and links to play it.

-Stephen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version