topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: help me help cryptome.org  (Read 3152 times)

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
help me help cryptome.org
« on: March 07, 2010, 09:51 AM »
cryptome-logo.jpg

What is Cryptome

I'll just quote freely from their website:
Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but not limited to those.

It is similar to the popular wikileaks. And like wikileaks they accept donations.

What's the background?
The other day I received my first paycheck in a long time and decided to donate small amounts to various organizations and persons: journalists that still are journalists and have not become press release distributors; organizations that help, support or otherwise 'enable' whistleblowers; and of course donationcoder.com!

Paypal does not want me to help them
A person I trust recommended I help out cryptome as well, so I donated 25.00 USD. A few days later I received 2 DVDs in my mailbox. But shortly before that, they seemed to have refunded my donation completely. It seems, paypal no longer wants to work with cryptome :(

Can you help me?
Now, I still want to at least pay for the DVDs I received. I am looking for someone in the USA to send a check to the person behind cryptome:
John Young, Cryptome, 251 West 89th Street, New York, NY 10024
Checks/Money Orders: Make out to "John Young"
But only AFTER I have sent this someone the appropriate amount in DonationCredits or "directly" via paypal.

I hope someone is willing to help me out here :) Feel free to contact me via PM or, if you want more privacy, use this PGP-key to protect your email to me.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: help me help cryptome.org
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:20 AM »
housetier,

I am very familiar with Cryptome. I will take care of this for you as well as add a donation of my own. You can either paypal me at [email protected] or pay me via DC credits.

Peace,
Tinjaw