ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

"www.genuinekey.com" - Is it legit?

(1/3) > >>

BCHOWDHURY:
I have recently come across this website, www.genuinekey.com. Is the site really selling genuine keys? How can they be selling for a few bucks Microsoft product keys, which retail for hundreds of dollars? Please, check the site and give your opinion. Their offers are really tempting.

Deozaan:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's illegal.

Especially since their "feedback" link is to a warezforum.

Josh:
If it sounds too good to be true...Often times it is.

Bamse:
Opinion is wishful thinking ;) You can always check WOT for such sites with no contact info http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/genuinekey.com In some months may be also Norton, Mcafee...

40hz:
Dunno.

I'm a Microsoft Partner. One of the things that Microsoft duns into the partner channel is how their licensing works and what licensing options are available for its customers. I'm not aware of any MS licensing arrangement that even vaguely resembles what these guys are implying they're allowed to do.

Then there are a few other things about the website:

* No contact info, phone, or or mailing address...
* All domain registration info hidden behind ProtectedDomainServices.com (an organization that doesn't have the most stellar record...)
* And PayPal only? (Actually that makes sense. You can't get a credit card merchant account without a published and verified street address.)
Soooo...I'm suspicious. Way too invisible a company - and way too cheap a price tag for what they're selling.

I also find it interesting that at no time do they say these licenses are legal. (Saying something is "legitimate" is not the same thing as saying it is "legal" BTW.) And just because a key will clear WGA doesn't necessarily mean it's a genuine copy either.

Caveat emptor!

Just my two cents. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version