ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Version 1.55 - a Significant Release: Please Read Carefully

(1/6) > >>

Markham:
I have today released both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Circle Dock. The major purpose of this update is to address the UAC issues those of you running Windows 7 particularly have noted; there are other fixes and enhancements included and I will cover those later in this message.

We strongly recommend you install and run the 64-bit version if your version of Windows is 64-bit.

Installing Circle Dock v1.55
To overcome the ACL problems which result in UAC errors, you absolutely must uninstall any previous version of Circle Dock before attempting to install this new release. However, you may have already configured the Circle Dock the way you want it and don't want to lose those settings, so here's what you should do:

1. Locate the two files "DockSettings.xml" and "DockItemData.xml" and copy them to a temporary folder. If you have installed Circle Dock to a "Program Files" folder, then these two files will be located in "C:\YourUserName\AppData\Local\" (replace "YourUserName" with your Windows User Name). If, on the other hand, Circle Dock is installed elsewhere on your PC, the two files will be located in Circle Dock's "System\Settings\" folder. If you have included any Stack Folders on your Dock, you will also need to save a copy of "StandaloneStack.ini" which will be in CircleDock's "System\Miscellaneous\" folder.

2. Having copied these two files, uninstall Circle Dock.

3. Now install the new version. Run the new version and as soon as you see the blank dock, exit Circle Dock.

4. Replace the "DockSettings.xml", "DockItemData.xml" and "StandaloneStack.ini" with the copies you made in Step 1.

5. Now run Circle Dock as normal.

If you're installing Circle Dock into a folder other than "Program Files", (or creating a Portable Version), then you must set the ACL Permissions for certain folders and files yourself. For further information and instructions, consult this page of the help system.

Windows 7 and Mice
We have identified an issue concerning Global Mouse Handlers and Windows 7 installations that include mouse drivers installed after Windows was originally installed (ie OEMs such as Logitech). There's a tendency for Circle Dock to lose the ability to trap Global Mouse events including its mouse button that toggles the Dock's visibility. There are two work-arounds which seem to overcome this issue:

1. Include a "mouse modifier" key (any of "Ctrl", "Alt", "Shift", "Win").
2. Uninstall your OEM-provided mouse software and force Windows to use its generic driver for your type of mouse.

It should be stressed that this issue only affects Windows 7 and only where third-party mouse drivers are installed.

Other Changes, Fixes and Enhancements
The Help System contains full details of these however they include increased support for StandaloneStacks (all configurable items are now settable) and changed its folder "Root" to "Desktop" to allow a wider range of targets to be selected from.

Also, Circle Dock consists of two executable files now and no DLLs - these are now statically-linked as part of the build post-processing. This reduces both the disk and memory footprints with Circle Dock now typically requiring between 700KiB and 900KiB when hidden.

The download is available, as always, from this topic.

Mark

Rigel:
Hi,
 thanks for new version but at point 1 and 4  there should also \System\Miscellaneous\standalonestack.ini
Bye

guomin1987:
how to download it??

sgtevmckay:
Greetings guomin1987
Welcome to Donationcoder, and Circle Docks little corner  :D
Listed as the final link in the initial post....The latest version will always be at the following
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20623.msg184666#msg184666

If you have any questions, let us know  :Thmbsup:

Regards
The Sarge

ELBVT:
Good evening
Here I can but I have a question
Personally I ACL is no problem and no error UAC
Do I have to follow your tutorial for installing the new version
or can I install over my old version?
Or do I have to change my version or I can keep that which I have
Thank you for your reply