ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (155/171) > >>

IainB:
I terminated T-Clock today and restarted Windows Explorer, as I wanted to run the standard Windows clock with 3 clocks displayed - showing the time in different timezones.
So I guess I need to make a request for T-Clock to be able to display 3 or more clocks...    ;)

Coincidentally, my Windows Defender virus checker just told me that the file: C:\...Clocks\T-Clock\misc\Options.exe has been quarantined as it is a seriously bad Trojan called Trojan:Win32/Varpes.L!plock

Shouldn't somebody check that? I know it is probably a false positive, but then again...

UPDATE: I uploaded the latest version file T-Clock v2.4.0 beta3.zip to VirusTotal just now, and it came back with a clean bill of health. Looks like I'll probably have to wait a few days before reinstalling the quarantined file...

B00ze:
Good day.

I noticed there was a new version of T-Clock today, so I updated my files. It's supposed (?) to ask about checking for updates when it starts the first time, but it does not, even if I give it an empty .INI file and let "options.exe" through the firewall, it still does not ask about it. Also, the UpdT registry value is incorrectly typed as a DWORD when in fact it is 8 bytes long, the 32bit value + 4 zero bytes (amazing that Windows lets you write more than 32bits into a DWORD; must be a "feature" lol). So I notice that Options.exe is the one doing the update check, that means you run Options.exe every time T-Clock starts? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a separate executable if you run it every time anyway...

That's it folks.
Keep up the good work!
Best Regards,

Curt:
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?-andrejtm (November 19, 2015, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
will be added once I've added the ordinal day number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) which kind of requires a rewrite of internal format processing-WhiteTigX (November 19, 2015, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

"multiple formats"? Some say Sunday is the first day of the week, some say Monday is. And Saturday and..., and...

Anyway, I came to say Thank You for writing the TClock Redux version!, but haven't we tested it enough by now? Isn't it time for a proper installer? I cannot launch a new version of TClock without first closing my security program. That's not how we want DC programs to function.

IainB:
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?-andrejtm (November 19, 2015, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
will be added once I've added the ordinal day number (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) which kind of requires a rewrite of internal format processing-WhiteTigX (November 19, 2015, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
"multiple formats"? Some say Sunday is the first day of the week, some say Monday is. And Saturday and..., and...
Anyway, I came to say Thank You for writing the TClock Redux version!, but haven't we tested it enough by now? Isn't it time for a proper installer? I cannot launch a new version of TClock without first closing my security program. That's not how we want DC programs to function.
-Curt (March 13, 2016, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'd have to say that @Curt seems to make some valid points, though I'm not sure I can agree that the statement "That's not how we want DC programs to function." makes any valid point, since it seems to be an appeal to the consensus.
From my perspective:

* :Thmbsup:   T-Clock is a more ergonomically efficient and display-space utilisation-efficient clock display for my purposes (per my post above).
* :Thmbsup:   The 12-month calendar displayed by T-Clock goes approx 80% towards what I would want (per my post above).

* :down:   T-Clock disables the 3-clock display (per example below, showing different timezones), which is a potentially useful feature of the standard Windows clock - and it can be annoying not having that when you need to work across different timezones.

* :down:   Windows Defender virus checker quarantined the file: C:\...Clocks\T-Clock\misc\Options.exe because it apparently looked like a seriously bad Trojan called Trojan:Win32/Varpes.L!plock

* :down:   As a result of point 4, Windows keeps popping up a warning that it can't find misc\Options.exe (because it's in quarantine, you see).

Therefore - on balance - I have just uninstalled/removed T-Clock.

So, in my view, for this particular software, it's the problems/interruptions that seem to make a negative difference - but they will probably be transient. I am otherwise usually more than happy to Beta-test or otherwise trial this and other software, so keep it coming, please!

-EM:
Have been using T-Clock for quite a while now, mainly because of its ability to show week numbers in ISO format in the system tray.
A -quasi cosmetic- request: i use dates in a format of year + week number (very strongly geared towards industry and production environments). So e.g. Wed 18 May 2016 would be shown as 1620.3 (year 2016, week 20, day of week 3). T-Clock approximates this using the clock format "yyWi.ddd", except for one-digit week numbers. So the request: can (ISO) week numbers be shown 2 characters wide with leading 0?

If i look into the sources in T-Clock/src/DLL/format.c (version 27 Nov 2015), a quick and dirty change could be
 line 379:    
--- Code: C ---out += wsprintf(out,"%02d",week);       // format "%d" to "%02d"
Cheers and thanks for the neat little app.
-Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version