ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (149/171) > >>

WhiteTigX:
Well... I've tried my best to replicate this look using Windows' calendar control.. and I've enabled you full control over the colors. So what can be changed, got changed. The rest isn't doable this easy without writing my own calendar.
Though, the month arrangement could be more flexible, but it's hard to squeeze in the required options :P (as seen with the colors)

IainB:
Yes, I realise that. I was neither complaining, nor criticising. Just wishing.
I think you've done a great job with T-Clock, by the way.    :Thmbsup:

THEtomaso:
Thanks for continuing the work on the excellent T-Clock software!

I've got a major gripe with the latest release though..

I've been using 'T-Clock Redux' for a while now, and recommending it to other people.
However, with the v2.4.0 beta release, the program now behaves in such a manner that I can no longer recommend it to anyone.
Yes, I'm talking about the new Update Checker! :(

The program now instantly tries to connect to the internet at first launch, without the user's consent.
I blocked the connection attempt with my firewall, and then proceeded to look for the option to turn this feature off..
According to the changelog, you have to "check for updates once and remove the check marks"..
Well, I tried that, and ran into this error:

I guess that I have to unblock it with my firewall, and actually LET it connect to the internet, before I can get access to these settings?
Well, that's not gonna happen.
I'm sorry to say, but this kind of behaviour is a real deal-breaker, even for a open source program!
Please REMOVE the Update Checker from the final build, or at least turn it OFF BY DEFAULT and let us change the setting for it while being offline!

WhiteTigX:
[...] OFF BY DEFAULT [...]-THEtomaso (October 25, 2015, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't an option at all. As software should be setup the way that average people don't have to change anything.
So update checking is opt-out and never opt-in as it is quite useless otherwise. Or do it like VLC, and ask on "install" but I didn't want to annoy people, so just opt-out.
Further more, it connects to Github, so not even a privacy issue as one could argue if it were my own server... (ok, it is using http://rawgit.com/, not Github directly)

The update notification UI includes a checkmark to easily adjust the update checking (in case a new version is found and you're annoyed by the fact because you don't want to update or what ever....) but it is really just this UI... not the "progression UI" which can only be seen by manually checking for updates.
So yes, currently you have to be online to disable it and it wouldn't even work on Win2k and maybe XP (because of SSL), but it doesn't really matter otherwise^^ Just fails to check for updates, but will never show a prompt.

test removed as I've forgot to mention it actually.. But I wanted to^^And if you'd read my changelog, you would see that I've wrote this fact down... it's beta after all (well release candidate / pre-release) ;)
Still don't know where to place the "proper" UI though...

Yet you can manually disable update checking by changing / adding a DWORD called "UpdR" to "0"
in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010" or the T-Clock.ini, section Main

Edit: fixed my post by "spoilering" the original but actually incorrect text...

Addition: well there's maybe one point you're right about... before anyone got the chance to disable update checking, it'll check for updates once... well I considered it to be not an issue because you've just downloaded it, so you're likely connected anyway (my care was mostly about people who are still not connected 24/7, so I don't want their internet to "dial up")
This is to make sure T-Clock can be / is allowed by the firewall installed (actually I could add myself to Windows' firewall, but wanted people to have control about it) so it won't popup during the automatic update check and might screw you up (like poping out of a game or something)
This is why it checks for updates on first launch and also to make sure people use the most recent version and not some old version someone hosted on their site.
So the VLC way got some points... but I'm still not sure about it (beside the fact that I'll bloat T-Clock to add this message window and some people might disable it accidentally)

andrejtm:
Is there a way to display the weekday number (e.g. 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, etc.) ?
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version