topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1007818 times)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #625 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42 AM »
I've downloaded T-Clock 2010, extracted the files, opened the TClock application, clicked run and...nothing...I can't find it installed anywhere. It's not on any list of installed programs.

When I tried deleting the extracted folders it says I can't because the folder or file in it is open in another program.

I'm completely flummoxed. If anyone has a suggestion as to what I should try please let me know.

Thanks
I guess you're running a 64bit version of Windows, but you've started the clock in the Win32 folder.... you need to run the one in the x64 folder...

Though the 32bit clock now runs in the background and easiest way for you is either to restart Windows, or kill the "Clock.exe" process using Taskmanager..

Sry about that. I will sometime redesign the folder structure so there's just one exe for both^^
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Cowichan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #626 on: September 20, 2014, 08:47 PM »
Got it, thanks.

It was my own dumb fault. This is a new machine my son-in-law built for me.  I'm still figuring out what it is I'm driving.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #627 on: September 21, 2014, 12:04 PM »
Another stumble I encountered at first is that, for T-clock to run on every boot, I had to manually create a shortcut in the correct startup folder to the clock.exe in the right folder (32 or 64 bit).

Is that normal?

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #628 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08 PM »
did you know about the "Run at startup" option you'll find at the about screen?
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #629 on: September 21, 2014, 02:07 PM »
did you know about the "Run at startup" option you'll find at the about screen?
Obviously not.  Now I do.  :)

Never have seen such on an "About" page.  
May I suggest being on the Miscellaneous tab?  
Not a biggie though.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #630 on: September 21, 2014, 03:39 PM »
the about page is the first page to popup if you open options :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:45 PM by WhiteTigX, Reason: reverted edit as I use a new post instead »

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #631 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42 PM »
the about page is the first page to popup if you open options :P
That doesn't mean we READ it.
(I've seldom found useful info there on most programs except when I needed to get a version number.)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #632 on: September 21, 2014, 03:45 PM »
Do you think it would be enough to increase the font size and maybe also color it red,green or blue and open the about screen / options automatically on first launch?

Thing is.. I don't want to overload the misc tab :P otherwise it gets lost again... It's nice to have it inside the about screen if you know it :P

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #633 on: September 21, 2014, 03:49 PM »
Do you think it would be enough to increase the font size and maybe also color it red,green or blue and open the about screen / options automatically on first launch? Thing is.. I don't want to overload the misc tab :P otherwise it gets lost again... It's nice to have it inside the about screen if you know it :P

Yes, although just larger, bold, black would be OK.

This isn't a huge issue.  I am a nitpicker (read: engineer). :)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #634 on: September 30, 2014, 11:10 AM »
hey guys, I just want to know if you've got the "Annoying Dialog" while first switching from previous version to my beta posted 19 days ago.
The dialog about updating settings, etc... some one mailed me and he didn't know which dialog I've meant... Actually it should popup on first launch because I've changed the way some settings are saved.. so running an older version after the new one might corrupt settings or at least causes them to get lost.

No one complained about that dialog, so I'm not sure if you've all got it or not :P You should have... but who knows^^

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #635 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51 PM »
I got the Dialog, alright. I didn't update the settings, though. I deleted TClock registry entries and set up fresh.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #636 on: September 30, 2014, 02:49 PM »
the "update" itself doesn't harm.. you could have allowed that... it wasn't even a major change xD
None of them should harm.. as long as you don't want to use an old version later...

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #637 on: September 30, 2014, 03:57 PM »
I got the dialog on first run, let it do its thing, and the clock was blank. Fiddled with the settings for a bit, but the display - while it was the right size/position - stayed blank.

I assumed it was just a conflict with some cruft left over from a test build...so I deleted the key and it ran fine.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #638 on: September 30, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Stoic Joker, how dare you to not send me an export if your settings xD ... could have been a major problem...
Though none of the changes were related or should be related to the clock format...

Anyway.. what kind of test build are you talking about? Your own or mine? I though you were using my version before...

P.S. by "blank" you really mean it? Please go to options and change font color to transparent, did it look exactly like that?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #639 on: September 30, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Stoic Joker, how dare you to not send me an export if your settings xD ... could have been a major problem...

Oops... Sorry, I actually just assumed the issue was on my end.

Though none of the changes were related or should be related to the clock format...

O_o Okay, that is weird.

Anyway.. what kind of test build are you talking about? Your own or mine? I though you were using my version before...

Yours, Mine, LonelyPixel's, and some other stuff that may/may not be relevant. Honestly I don't remember if it was the home or office machine it happened on ... But both have been used for testing in the past.

P.S. by "blank" you really mean it? Please go to options and change font color to transparent, did it look exactly like that?

Text was completely not visible, and any attempt I made at getting it to appear failed. But the window size/shape implied that the format was intact, it just was the same color as the background.

Time - as usual - is not my friend...but I can try to reproduce the issue if it will help. But if nobody else reports that type of odd behavior...it was probably just me.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #640 on: September 30, 2014, 06:02 PM »
No need to try to reproduce it ;) It's ok... more or less... I might recheck one or two things and maybe I'll find something. If not, someone else might find it as time passes.

Maxi07

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #641 on: October 10, 2014, 09:07 PM »
I can't get this to work with Win 8.1 ... Any Ideas..??

Steve

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #642 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20 PM »
try the latest version :P
https://github.com/W...ag/v2.3.0%23127-beta

P.S. it's really a new version ;)

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2014, 12:59 AM »
Thanks for the new version. Seems to work OK on Windows 8.1 here. It is just the right click menu that always opens on main display. Calendar opens on the correct display (where mouse pointer is).

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #644 on: October 11, 2014, 07:26 AM »
weird... the context menu was never an issue for me... at least not when I've tested it :P

Is it possible that your 2nd monitor (or at least the one you've tested it with) is on the left of your primary? In this case, I could reproduce it... damn Windows API functions xD

edit: now fixed in trunk: https://github.com/W...4ddd4fb3f8d967a25f51
Though I'll wait a few hours before releasing it because of other possible issues, such as Clock doesn't even start on movrshakr's Win8.1
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:51 AM by WhiteTigX »

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #645 on: October 11, 2014, 08:10 AM »
Yes, my second display is at left side. Thanks for fixing the bug.

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Well, it seems no body is complaning about any thing else :) So, is it time to release the fixed version now?

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2014, 07:51 PM »
no :P

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #648 on: October 13, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Here you go, the "bugfix" release...
https://github.com/W...ag/v2.3.1%23133-beta

I'm also experimenting with self-signing and testing out what happens with it xD I hope the SmartScreen won't get worse because of it... though I'm not really sure that it will get better..

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #649 on: October 14, 2014, 05:59 AM »
Thank you! High-DPI awareness is a nice addition. In this version, I think the behaviour of mouse-over tooltip is different somehow:
if not enabled: always shows on main display (I think this is the Windows tooltip)
if enabled: for the second display clock, it shows the tooltip on top side of main display.

Q: What is the difference between static and non static ones? Both distributions have dll files ...