topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1007855 times)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #600 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Installed in Windows 8.1, and got a block from the OS.. See image
Well.. I don't know how to get rid of that SmartScreen^^ Basicaly the only way I know is to pay a few hundred dollars to M$ and sign the app^^
But I thought it only shows this for manipulated apps... apps that once had a cert attached but not anymore^^
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2014, 02:49 PM »
I've also added multi-monitor support on Win8+ As requested by Baegus here: https://github.com/d...ngf/T-Clock/issues/2

Okay, now that's a neat trick. :)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #602 on: September 11, 2014, 03:28 PM »
I just hope there are no drawbacks^^
I had a lot of trouble with it to keep everything in sync^^ And you can't really use taskbars of different sizes or positions... (though that's for performance reasons... could be added later on)

Otherwise, performance wise it shouldn't really make a difference yet... though most stuff sadly open on the primary monitor...

Stoic, you're using Win8 and you've got multiple monitors?
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #603 on: September 11, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Stoic, you're using Win8 and you've got multiple monitors?

8.1 Pro with 2 widescreen monitors, and taskbar buttons showing on the screen where the window is open. There's a clock with a working Context menu on both. Now regardless of which one I click the properties/calendar dialog always shows up over the (main screen) left one...but that's a fairly minor quirk.

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #604 on: September 11, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Hurray, wait is over! Thank you, specially for the multi monitor thing :) Works fine on Windows 8.1 with dual monitor. There is one minor thing: Somehow, on my setup, the second taskbar is a few pixels lower than the taskbar on the main monitor. So, the buttom of the clock text is closer to the edge of the display on the second monitor compared to the main monitor. It would be nice if we could adjust the clock text positions seperately.
Any idea on when you plan to release the next version? no rush though :)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2014, 05:05 PM »
[...] So, the buttom of the clock text is closer to the edge of the display on the second monitor compared to the main monitor. It would be nice if we could adjust the clock text positions seperately. [...]
Well... I've thought about that as well... but the problem is that the current version basically only renders one clock... same content is then used (copied) for secondary clocks (and all secondary clocks actually use the same DC, so it's really only copied once)
So it's not possible to have these clocks independent.. though I can add that quite easy as well.. it would only require some more functions, not really that much more processing power if not used...

Though my question is: why is your second taskbar smaller? Even though I've used the lowest resolution possible for my tests and my main monitor is at 1080p, the taskbar looked the same...

I was actually hoping to disable my 2nd fake monitor xD It's annoying when my mouse leaves the screen on one side when I play a game^^

P.S. a tip for developers not having a multi-mon setup, just force Windows to enable a 2nd monitor and use Open Broadcaster to live-preview it's content on your primary monitor :P This way you can work with your 2nd monitor on your 1st in real time^^ Is kinda energy waste though, but works quite good ;)

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #606 on: September 11, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Both my monitors have the same resolution ... After more investigation, it seems the taskbar on my main monitor is a bit taller because I am using large icons in that taskbar. I wish I could prevent that. Any suggestions?

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2014, 06:06 PM »
using the same sized taskbar on both monitors isn't an option? So either all with small icons, or all with large?
Well... you could change the clock height from 0 to 1 or -1 .. it won't resize the clock to the taskbar as the size is then relative to the text height and thus "fixed". Kinda the old behavior and the clock on your main taskbar wouldn't be centered but aligned to the top and the other one as well (might look like it's centered depending on size)

But to have them all look the same and to be centered, all taskbars must be the same... though it doesn't matter if one is at the top and the other on the bottom... as long as the size is similar.

Again, I might add the ability to use independent clocks.. (will be fully then, also different font etc.) But adding the necessary settings needs some time... also the memory usage will increase as well as CPU usage (mostly only if used, using mirrored clocks or only one will stay mostly the same)
You can still disable all additional clocks xD

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I am using the same height (rows) for both taskbars. Only since I am using large icons for a toolbar in the main taskbar, I get the main taskbar a few pixels taller than than the taskbar in the second monitor. The problem would be solved if I could manually set the taskbar height in the registry or somewhere. I googled and it seems there is no such option to set the height :( In any case, having the clock on both taskbars are a great feature :) Thank you!

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2014, 07:48 PM »
OK, I would like to report a bug: If I disconnect the second monitor and reconnect it, the second clock disappears. I can rstore it using the method mentioned in post #589 though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:15 PM by power1power1 »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2014, 03:36 AM »
Not a bug, it's intended :P And to refresh the clock isn't that hard of a task^^

I do not plan to try to detect monitor changes.

P.S. in my first version you even had to restart T-Clock xD Luckily I decided not to start such things^^ As everything else can be applied on the fly^^

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Just a quick feature request: Please add "T-Clock Calendar" to the right click menu (below T-Clock Timers).

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2014, 05:34 PM »
the calendar is already included into the quicky launch menu....

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Well, I don't see a Quicky Menu. I added XPCalendar.exe in T-Clock Properties --> Quicky Menues --> Custom Quicky Items, to no avail.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2014, 06:19 PM »
you have to enable it as well^^ Though it's called "Quicky Launch Menu"^^

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2014, 06:39 PM »
OK, found it! Thanks. Still, I think it would be more efficient (i.e. less number of clicks) if T-Clock Calendar was below T-Clock Timers.
Now, I also see some menu items like Cascade Windows, etc. which are not related to T-Clock, so they can go in a sub-menu instead.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55 AM »
"Cascade windows", etc. can definitely not go into a submenu ;) Those are Windows default, and thus should also be present in T-Clock^^ (by means, the original clock had them, so they are indeed related to the "tray clock")

I can't change the menu yet, not without an ability to customize it fully. Because otherwise people used to the old one would be lost. And even if I decide to put the Calendar there, it needs to be removable since the menu shouldn't be bloated with useless stuff^^
Everything below "Task Manager" is T-Clock specific, it's quite a lot already :P

It's also to consider to move exit,properties and refresh into a submenu.. I hope no one uses them frequently :P

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Power, at one point you advocate for fewer clicks, then you say to put some things in a submenu--which would add clicks!

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2014, 11:19 AM »
@movrshakr: Yes, the difference is between TColck and non-TClock related items.
@WhiteTigX: Now, I see why those Windows related items are there. However; I think each version of Windows have them differently. For example, I don't have Minimize all Windows when I right click on Windows 8.1 taskbar. Personaly, I have never used T-Clock menu to run Windows Explorer or Empty Recycle Bin, etc.
Any ways, as a workaround for calendar-not-appearing issue, now I have added a new entry in the Quickys and with this I always can run the calendar.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:40 PM by power1power1 »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2014, 11:33 AM »
The "Quickies" should have the Calendar included^^ It's there by default...

Though, the calendar should show no matter what settings you use now... I've temporarily disabled the auto-hide feature on startup...
If you're using my beta, and it still disappears, it must be a different issue..

And yes, "Minimize all" isn't currently used by Windows.. at least not on Win8... but it fits there quite good ;)
"Toggle desktop" is also different, as it's originally named "Show desktop" or "Hide desktop" depending on what the current state is.. it's not easy to find that out, so I've simply named it "Toggle"^^

power1power1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2014, 12:00 PM »
I am using the latest TClock version and I still have the issue with the calendar; there are occations that single left click, double left click and the original entry in Quickys menu won't bring up the calendar, but a custom entry would.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:39 PM by power1power1 »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2014, 10:56 AM »
[...]
Question: the three selectable black colors that have writing in them...what are the differences between them?
Oops.. didn't see that question... those are system colors... means they are dynamic, depending on your Windows style. (on 8 you might only notice that when changing to a high contrast theme or using a custom made theme)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2014, 10:59 AM »
[...]
Question: the three selectable black colors that have writing in them...what are the differences between them?
Oops.. didn't see that question... those are system colors... means they aren't fix but dynamic depending on your Windows style. (on 8 you might only notice that when changing to a high contrast theme or using a custom made theme)

Still a bit confused; don't see how a 'black' can be a dynamic color--or do you mean sometimes it is NOT black as the system decides it "shouldn't be?"

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Yes, those colors are dynamic.. they don't have any specific color... currently it's black for you, but if you change to a high contrast theme, it's probably not black anymore but white, greenish, etc.

The text on the color choice is simply the name Windows uses for them^^
"INFOTEXT" is the color of all your tooltip texts,
"INFOBK" is the color of all your tooltip backgrounds. Depending on your current theme/settings.

Cowichan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #624 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I've downloaded T-Clock 2010, extracted the files, opened the TClock application, clicked run and...nothing...I can't find it installed anywhere. It's not on any list of installed programs.

When I tried deleting the extracted folders it says I can't because the folder or file in it is open in another program.

I'm completely flummoxed. If anyone has a suggestion as to what I should try please let me know.

Thanks