topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005649 times)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23 AM »
While I'm here...

The T-Clock project is officially closed, as I no longer have time to continue working on it. The source code for T-Clock 2010 (unfinished but stable) build 98 is available on the download page of my website (link as usual in first post of thread).

zzc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2012, 08:44 PM »
That is already a configurable option on the Mouse tab of T-Clock Properties. Just select Mouse Button, number of clicks, and action wanted (show calendar is on the default list) and hit apply.

Thank you very much for pointing out the configuration option for displaying the calendar. Somehow, I missed it when I looked through the T-Clock Properties. I am very impressed with your thoroughness in the design of the software. My apologies.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #402 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03 PM »
The T-Clock project is officially closed, as I no longer have time to continue working on it. The source code for T-Clock 2010 (unfinished but stable) build 98 is available on the download page of my website (link as usual in first post of thread).

while this makes me a little sad, i hv to thank SJ for writing a 64-bit version of TClock. this utility has made my transition to Win7 much more bearable as TClock is one of the 1st tool that i install.

so once again, thanks SJ! :Thmbsup:

Txomin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Thank you, Stoic Joker. Your work is much appreciated and the source code is a brilliant farewell gift. Karma to you.

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2012, 09:04 AM »
First post here. First of all, Thank you for this great tool! I've been using its predecessors for a long time already and upgraded from your 2006 version to the latest today.

I have two comments for now. First, there seems to be an issue with the text rendering in Windows 7 Aero Glass theme. I've set the font to Segoe UI Regular 9pt, the standard UI font seen almost everywhere in Win7. With the text colour of white (#ffffff), the font looks too bold and has colour fringes (coming from somehow inproperly drawn ClearType text). This is much improved with a colour of silver (light grey), but the text also seems not as bright. Interestingly, when setting the colour to black, the text is invisible and a strange shadow of it is in its place.

Second, while I like the idea of turning the monitor off when the computer is locked, this should be a bit improved. Instead of immediately turning the monitor off, there should be a slight delay of maybe 10-30 seconds so that I can see that the computer is actually locked. Then, when somebody moves the mouse or something happens and the monitor wakes up, it should turn off again after a short time of inactivity. I've written such a behaviour in an older tool of mine which I'm using on WinXP, but my method is broken and has side effects. And I wouldn't need to rework it if other tools that I regularly use already do that. :-)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2012, 09:06 AM »
I suggest we ignore SJ's comment about not working more on TClock and simply do not let him leave it.

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Damn, too late... I didn't expect anything I need to know in those 17 pages and then this... Alright, so it seems I need to look into it myself. Anyway, glad the source code is available, I'll see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the hint, mouser. I might have waited in vain here.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I wouldn't rush off so fast LP -- Stoic Joker needs to be convinced by all of us not to give up on TClockEx -- lots of us love it and he's done such a great job maintaining it.. I hope he will reconsider and maybe keep working on it a little as he has time.. Maybe a short break is all he needs..

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #408 on: July 19, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Ah, that you mean. I had erroneously imagined ironic tags around your post. ;-) Well, I think I could take a look at the source anyway, just out of curiosity how such things are done at all.

ethan_hines

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50 PM »
There is a little known time format that existed for only about a year. Yes I realize that doesn't give much credence to the idea but this is the year of change and I would like to know since now the SC is released if someone could add the option for decimal (metric) time where there are 10hrs per day 100mins per second and 100seconds per minute. See Wikipedia's Article http://en.wikipedia..../Decimal_time#France

Thanks

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
T-Clock 2010 & win 8
« Reply #410 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Too bad, no functionality in windows 8. It started to show time, else no reaction.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #411 on: October 31, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Maybe we can convince Stoic Joker to update it for Windows 8 as his NANY 2013 project?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #412 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Too bad, no functionality in windows 8. It started to show time, else no reaction.
Strange, it runs fine on my Win8 x86 laptop, and the Win8 x64 machine I have here in my office. The text does seem to move around a bit when the charms bar is opened or closed. But beyond that it did fine throughout the beta, and on the release versions I'm running now.

Maybe we can convince Stoic Joker to update it for Windows 8 as his NANY 2013 project?

My we're persistent...  :D ...But I don't have a prayer of hitting that target.

Work is leaving me with no time for a life these days...and most of the life I've had time for has been a bitch. *Shrug* ...That's "normal" this close to 50, right..?

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
T-Clock 2010 on windows 8
« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2012, 01:37 PM »
I'm on x64. No compatibility mode helps. It shows in the tray and is indicating time and date, that's all. No interface, no reaction. Version .95
I can't switch off DEP for it.

Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise N
OS Kernel Type   Multiprocessor Free (64-bit)
7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz on Dell Inspiron 7520
OS Version   6.2.9200 (Win8 RTM)
.NET Framework   4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
DirectX   DirectX 11.0
OpenGL   6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I took a quick try on the font rendering issue today. I replaced the TextOut function call by DrawThemeTextEx which is supposed to paint text on glass surfaces. But the API is highly different. Not only the layouting works differntly, it also requires a Unicode string as opposed to the plain ANSI char* used in the programme. These are obstacles that I cannot easily pass. My C++ skills are too limited, not to mention even more ancient C. If somebody could explain me how to replace TextOut with DrawThemeTextEx correctly, I could possibly make it work. Until now, I only see some random pixels, and for some time, my TClock build won't respond and eventually crash Explorer. Guess I should restart Windows first.

Update: I should restart Explorer correctly. Integrity level Low and High are both wrong, it must be Medium. (Using Process Hacker) This is a bit more complicated to run as, but it works. Then TClock (and all other applications...) works correctly again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:22 PM by LonelyPixel »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #415 on: October 31, 2012, 06:07 PM »
I can't switch off DEP for it.

Nor do you need to ... I'd have never released it if that was a requirement. I run DEP for everything and have NX enabled. T-Clock runs fine.

Are you by chance running the 32-bit binary?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #416 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20 PM »
I took a quick try on the font rendering issue today. I replaced the TextOut function call by DrawThemeTextEx which is supposed to paint text on glass surfaces. But the API is highly different. Not only the layouting works differntly, it also requires a Unicode string as opposed to the plain ANSI char* used in the programme. These are obstacles that I cannot easily pass. My C++ skills are too limited, not to mention even more ancient C. If somebody could explain me how to replace TextOut with DrawThemeTextEx correctly, I could possibly make it work. Until now, I only see some random pixels, and for some time, my TClock build won't respond and eventually crash Explorer. Guess I should restart Windows first.

Update: I should restart Explorer correctly. Integrity level Low and High are both wrong, it must be Medium. (Using Process Hacker) This is a bit more complicated to run as, but it works. Then TClock (and all other applications...) works correctly again.

That's the downside of inheriting a program that was originally written in the mid 90's :) The unicode handling was one of the things that tripped me up as well - The project requires a massive rewrite to resolve this I suspect.

The DrawThemeTextEx (and friends) function(s) was a (really clever) home grown export by Two_toNe, I tried to do what I could with it...But I too have my limits. Best advice I can give is do most of your testing in a VM because T-Clock hooks directly into the shell and will crash it in a flash if something (test code level) goes sideways. During development I ran 3 VMs and 2 Remote Desktop sessions for testing purposes to avoid crashing the shell (constantly...) on my main development machine.

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #417 on: October 31, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Are you by chance running the 32-bit binary?

-nope, x64.

The OS was not updated from MS, it is a clean install + Dell Inspiron drivers.
Tomorrow I will try it on VM Windows 8N.

During development I ran 3 VMs and 2 Remote Desktop sessions for testing purposes to avoid crashing the shell

- many, many thanks. hence, not a single crash on all my server 2003, windows 7 and server 2008 R2 machines all the time with T-Clock 2010  :)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:26 PM by t42 »

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #418 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Tested ver.95 on Oracle VirtualBox VM as Windows 8 Enterprise N [x64-bit Operating System, AMD Phenom II X6]
Same as on real x64 Windows 8 - no interface response

The good news that I tested on the same host VM Server 2012 Standard x64. Build 95 works like a charm :)

Update.
Just installed VM Windows 8 from another image (Enterprise x64 En, not "N" as previous one). ...not functioning as well (

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:50 PM by t42 »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #419 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Damn peculiar that is. With all of the WMP systems ripped out of N it makes sense that T-Clock would have problems as it is dependent on much of it for its media file handling. But Enterprise shouldn't have any effect on it ... That I can think of.

May haps if we can get a larger test group a trend or commonality could be spotted/found.

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21 AM »
Where do those N versions actually come from? Here in Germany I could best imagine such crippleware-by-law, but I've never seen one.

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #421 on: November 02, 2012, 05:24 AM »
Where do those N versions actually come from?

It is the original MS images, final builds. They were on the MSDN and on the RTM channels as well. I think we can forget about "N" image 'cause as I wrote above, I installed the usual Enterprise image x64 English with the same negative result. They are both x64. I can't try now the final x32 image, maybe I manage do it after a while.

t42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Last attempts:
1)
I installed VM Windows 8 Enterprise RTM X86
- Result: negative
2)
Using my main VM Windows 8 Enterprise N x64, I installed Media Feature Pack for N which install Media Player and related technologies
[ http://www.microsoft...etails.aspx?id=30685 ]
- Result: negative

LonelyPixel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2012, 08:27 AM »
I've just tried it with a clean Windows 8 Pro x86, and build 95 works with no problem. Seems to behave exactly like on Windows 7. t42, did you try deactivating other apps to find if one of them may be interfering with TClock?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2012, 08:49 AM »
I'm wondering if any of these work while the clock is being unresponsive.

/exit   : Exit T-Clock 2010
      /prop   : Open T-Clock 2010 Properties
      /start   : Start the Stopwatch Counter (open as/if needed)
      /stop   : Stop (pause really) the Stopwatch Counter
      /lap   : Record a (the current) Lap Time
      /reset   : Reset Stopwatch to 0 (stop as/if needed)

Also might be worth a shot to try the released with sourcecode build 98 to see if it behaves differently.