ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (66/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Now try setting the font color to the silver gray that's in the middle of the color menu. It should come out looking white when applied.

Also with that font, try setting Quality to ClearType(XP). I had to do that here at the office to get Calibri to look right.

Mugsy:
Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Now try setting the font color to the silver gray that's in the middle of the color menu. It should come out looking white when applied.

Also with that font, try setting Quality to ClearType(XP). I had to do that here at the office to get Calibri to look right.
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2011, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Setting the text color to "gray" makes it even harder to see. Setting it to "silver" makes it invisible. Definitely the wrong direction. The text itself is "transparent" (tinted based on color).

Changing the color does not help. Changing the "Quality" (anti-aliasing), as I noted previously, likewise has no affect.

Mugsy:
The only difference between these two samples is the text color.

The background image is a boat on the beach.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... Okay, here's what's bugging me. In you first set of pics we had this:

Which is "normal" given that I haven't gotten around to picking a better set of defaults yet.

Then - from the second set - we get this:

What changed? Does that come up every time? Or just after some event? What if any effect does hitting refresh T-Clock have? There's nothing in the code that will/can create a background color right now...(Even Classic should be transparent)...However it is on my to-do list to add that option back (by request(s)). So that behavior is really quite baffling.

Is there anything else running, that could be conflicting with it? Can you shut down the other items in the tray to see if one of them may be tripping it? Skype I know is safe, but I don't know what else might be running.

One thing I did just noticed, while flipping through your screen-shots. Is the ones that have the white clock face also don't show any taskbar transparency. Aero, by default, should have just a bit of transparency. Not entirely sure if/how that's related ... But it seems worth picking at...

Stoic Joker:
Okay, played with it a bit more, While trying to replicate what I know of your configuration. For the tests, I'm running a copy of Windows 7 Basic in a Virtual PC so no Aero. But that shouldn't be an issue.

So here's the a default T-Clock with a theme applied:

And, here's what happened when I switched to Classic (You should recognize this one):

Then I switched the text color to black and got this:

Then switched back to white for this:

Then I fiddled with it for a bit trying to figure out how to best reproduce number 2.

There does seem to be a problem with one of the shades of white when entering classic mode...But hitting Refresh T-Clock did clear it up. Black seemed to do just fine at all points. I could not however manage to get it to do the whited out background trick with a theme applied.

So I'm back to pondering your configuration to see if there is anything else I may need to replicate to reproduce the behavior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version