topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005706 times)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2011, 04:05 PM »
but there is no doubt in my mind that it is due to the option being ON in T-Clock.

I'm inclined to agree at this point. Can you think of anything that may be unique about your config? Any security or system management software that it may be interacting badly with?

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49 PM »
but there is no doubt in my mind that it is due to the option being ON in T-Clock.
I'm inclined to agree at this point. Can you think of anything that may be unique about your config? Any security or system management software that it may be interacting badly with?

Unfortunately, I run a very secure machine AND have lots of productivity tools on it.  For TSRs, there are

WinPatrol
MSE
Superantispyware Pro
Comodo FW
Carbonite
Dropbox
PhraseExpress
Bitmeter
Stickpad
Windows Sidebar
Yahoo gadgets
Camera Assistant sfw (came with laptop)
xneat Windows manager
Desktop media (puts shortcut on desktop for any connected drive)
Maxtor Status Icon (a connectivity app to get to a NAS)
Free Download Manager (not usually running but just notices it WAS set to load on startup; a recent update must have turned that back on)

There may be some others that don't have an icon in system tray.

This is not a huge issue for me; I just set 'monitor off' to 10 minutes in power options, and tha is OK.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:53 PM by movrshakr »

apex84

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2011, 11:52 AM »
First off I'd like to thank you for this great program. But the weeks that are displayed seem to be wrong.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2011, 02:28 PM »
First off I'd like to thank you for this great program. But the weeks that are displayed seem to be wrong.

...That's why they are adjustable. Which week number (clock text or calendar) is off by how much?

apex84

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2011, 03:39 PM »
 :redface: Fixed it... Thanks again.

ajp_anton

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Is it possible to adjust the text-based week days? I'd like to keep my Windows settings as my own region, but have the week days displayed in english. But even if I change everything to english, I'd like the week days to only display as two letters instead of three. Or even better, only one letter if the first letter is unique.
Perhaps allow custom names for all week days?

Also, you didn't reply to my earlier bug report. I can try to make a video of it since I may not have explained it very good.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:30 PM by ajp_anton »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #306 on: April 22, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Is it possible to adjust the text-based week days? I'd like to keep my Windows settings as my own region, but have the week days displayed in english. But even if I change everything to english, I'd like the week days to only display as two letters instead of three. Or even better, only one letter if the first letter is unique.
Perhaps allow custom names for all week days?

Actually AMMA already caught me on the broken alternate feature (top of page 12). Which is the part I'm hung up on at the moment...That and time - I haven't really had time to work on it these days.

Also, you didn't reply to my earlier bug report. I can try to make a video of it since I may not have explained it very good.

Sorry, actually you explanation was fine, but time got away from me. Which is kind of an ironic excuse for a clock project...But true none the less.

Current todo list order is:
Language Bugg - Which is kicking my ass
Add computername & uptime format specifiers - Should be quick and simple
Your sizing bugg - Which has great potential to get "sticky" if it is where I think it is.

Unfortunately I can't currently give a time-line because I've gotten steamrolled by the office.

drtalk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2011, 03:06 PM »
WHY can I not get this to work on my machine???  Is there somewhere specific to stick the .dll?  HELP!  I miss using this clock but cannot remember how to get it installed.   :wallbash:

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2011, 09:34 AM »
The .dll should be in the same folder as the clock. The pair of them can be run from anywhere you like. The only catch is to use the 32-bit version on 32-bit machines, and the 64-bit version on 64-bit machines.

Runs on anything from Windows 2000 -to- Windows 7.

ajp_anton

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06 AM »
The "Close Calendar on Lose Focus" doesn't always work, as the calendar sometimes is already out of focus when opened.
Is it possible to close it by clicking the clock, as that's already how I open it. Hitting the large clock positioned at the screen's edge is easier than the "X" button with a touchpad =).
Or just fix the focus thing, although I sometimes want it to stay open while I focus other windows...

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2011, 10:15 AM »
The "Close Calendar on Lose Focus" doesn't always work, as the calendar sometimes is already out of focus when opened.
Is it possible to close it by clicking the clock, as that's already how I open it. Hitting the large clock positioned at the screen's edge is easier than the "X" button with a touchpad =).  Or just fix the focus thing, although I sometimes want it to stay open while I focus other windows...

It won't work to close by click-in-calendar because sometimes you have to click the "next-month" button.  Solution is to find why lose focus is not working.

ajp_anton

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Is it possible to close it by clicking the clock, as that's already how I open it. Hitting the large clock positioned at the screen's edge is easier than the "X" button with a touchpad =).  Or just fix the focus thing, although I sometimes want it to stay open while I focus other windows...
It won't work to close by click-in-calendar because sometimes you have to click the "next-month" button.  Solution is to find why lose focus is not working.
I said to close by clicking the clock (that's also how I open it), not clicking the calendar.
Also, the lose focus does work. It's that the calendar sometimes doesn't have the focus to begin with.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Also, the lose focus does work. It's that the calendar sometimes doesn't have the focus to begin with.

True, and this rather annoying bugg has been fixed in the latest (albeit unreleased) development build. Unfortunately I'm currently up to my ass in alligators, and haven't had time to work on the project ... So it isn't ready for release.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2011, 07:00 PM »
I said to close by clicking the clock (that's also how I open it), not clicking the calendar.

Indeed you did.  Sorry.

Exectech

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you this application is so useful and we really appreciate all the work you've put into it.

I read where one want to improve on the calendar, but I didn't see where this was mentioned. I found a small problem on multiple monitors with the calendar. If you have the start menu moved to a monitor that is not your primary the calendar will open up on the primary monitor in the correct position. I found that this to be the case for all three out of four of the positions of the start menu (top, bottom, and left) with the exception being on the right side. It displays correctly.

I'm not sure if its possible, but I like the Windows 7 calendar that is built into the default clock. It would be nice if you could have a option to display that one instead of the T-Clock one.

Thank you for your continued effort of my making a part of my daily routine better.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2011, 05:39 PM »
It would be nice if you could have a option to display that one instead of the T-Clock one.
yeah actually it would be nice if we had some options for calendar, like to display t-clock one, windows one, or a custom exe.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2011, 05:45 PM »
It would be nice if you could have a option to display that one instead of the T-Clock one.
yeah actually it would be nice if we had some options for calendar, like to display t-clock one, windows one, or a custom exe.

I don't understand.  If you want to display the Windows clock, why do you install this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2011, 05:46 PM »
No we are talking about when you ask t-clock to display its popup calendar (double click?).

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you this application is so useful and we really appreciate all the work you've put into it.

I read where one want to improve on the calendar, but I didn't see where this was mentioned. I found a small problem on multiple monitors with the calendar. If you have the start menu moved to a monitor that is not your primary the calendar will open up on the primary monitor in the correct position. I found that this to be the case for all three out of four of the positions of the start menu (top, bottom, and left) with the exception being on the right side. It displays correctly.

I'm not sure if its possible, but I like the Windows 7 calendar that is built into the default clock. It would be nice if you could have a option to display that one instead of the T-Clock one.

Thank you for your continued effort of my making a part of my daily routine better.
Well thank you, it's always nice to know folks are enjoy T-Clock.

On the non-primary monitor bugg. I'm not sure if I can fix that ... I've always been under the impression that the start menu/taskbar is supposed to be on the primary monitor (which is adjustable). That and the dialogs are all supposed to be positioning themselves in relation to the clocks position (by design). But do please clarify if I'm off in the weeds ... I do do that sometimes... :)

Windows 7 calendar from default clock is quite an elusive little bugger. I have made several attempts at finding out how to hook and launch it but so far to no avail. I typically only quit trying after I win ... But I occasionally do have to regroup which can take some time.

Hay! ...That is an interesting idea!

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12 PM »

I don't understand.  If you want to display the Windows clock, why do you install this?

Yes the default Windows 7 (clock's) popup calendar is really cool - Albeit next to impossible to trigger - And it doesn't stay open if it loses focus. But I'm trying... :)

Mugsy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
T-Clock 2010-Turn off Transparent text?
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2011, 10:11 AM »
My clock text is transparent and I can't find any setting in T-Cock to disable it.

If my background is dark or a solid color, the clock text is readable. But if it is light/white, only the anti-aliasing can be seen (in color), with the clock text barely visible and pretty much unreadable.

I have tried different fonts and different anti-aliasing settings, all with no improvement.

I'm using Win7_x64. Taskbar transparency is "0" (tried other values).

I've found that the problem goes away if the Theme is set to "Classic" mode, but anything else gives me transparent text.

Can anyone help?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I've found that the problem goes away if the Theme is set to "Classic" mode, but anything else gives me transparent text.

That is incredibly odd behavior, especially with the whited out clock face. That is troubling... Changing the font color is occasionally required to get proper contrast with a theme. But I've never seen it do that before. Except for some of the early alphas back in 2004. Can you post a screen shot of the Clock Text (tab) settings you're currently using in the shot above?

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2011, 11:59 AM »

Was the problem of not closing on lose focus ever solved?

Mugsy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Can you post a screen shot of the Clock Text (tab) settings you're currently using in the shot above?
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2011, 11:32 AM)
I grabbed two screenshots (only the screen-corner to reduce filesize) showing the difference in appearance with the default Aero theme and using the "Classic" (ie: "no") theme.

(It appears I can not attach a file to a "Reply". I'll try adding the samples to a "New" post.)

Mugsy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Transparent text with T-Clock 2010
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Here are my screenshots: