ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (49/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay build 95 is now available. Explination for the new (.pcb) files is in the help file, but I thought I add it here also:
How to Use the PC Beep (.pcb) Sound Files - For Those Without Sound Cards

For those that do not have sound T-Clock 2010 includes the option to use .pcb files to play a series of tones through the PC’s system speaker. The .pcb files are in a plain text format, and have a straight forward (duration, frequency) simple syntax. So they can be created or edited with any plain text editor (like Notepad).

There is one demo.pcb file included in the Waves directory. Set “Files of type” to “All (*.*)” to select it. Content of the file with line by line explanation is below:

100, 400   Creates 100ms long 400Hz tone.
100, -1      100ms Pause between tones.
100, 500    Creates 100ms long 500Hz tone.
100, 600    Creates 100ms long 600Hz tone.
100, 500    Creates 100ms long 500Hz tone.
100, 400    Creates 100ms long 400Hz tone.
500, -1      500ms Pause at end of file for smoother looping.

The first number (duration) is in milliseconds. It controls how long the tone or pause will be.

The second number (frequency) is in hertz, and controls the pitch of the tone being played. Valid values are from 37 to 32767.

--- End quote ---

movrshakr:
Nice!

Thanks much for the A, P, a, p !  I have it on mine right now!
m/dd, h:nntt

Here is a real non critical one that just hit me...think about being able to open the help file from either the rt click menu or from inside properties (a Help tab or a link inside About?)  or it could be a link to the file as a page on your site.

xcopy:
It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?

Babis:
Thanks for your prompt reply.

It should accept any character you put in, unless the character is one of the format specifiers. In which case you need to encase it in "quotes" to ge it to display as-is. Note: \n is a line break. Can you post the string you are trying to use?
-Stoic Joker (March 11, 2011, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

The string is:

--- ---dd/mm - hh:nn
And at the taskbar it looks like this:   
T-Clock 2010 (download)
-Babis (March 11, 2011, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... (Sadly, I had to go read the help file...(memory going)) The system default regional settings formatting superceeds (/is used by) the T-Clock format specifiers. If you close T-Clock, does the Window's clock display dd/mm or dd-mm? If you put the slashes in quotes (dd"/"mm) does it display correctly (as you want it to)? -Stoic Joker (March 11, 2011, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes this does the trick and displays it as I want it to. Thanks.

T-Clock 2010 (download)

Also what it is supposed to blink? As I do not see any blink.-Babis (March 11, 2011, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Clock text gets flashes bright, dim, bright, dim (it can be a bit subtle with certain color combinations).
-Stoic Joker (March 11, 2011, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately even with the new build, I cannot make it to blink.
- I launch the new time through the keyboard shortcut
- I check the blink check-box
- When the timer ends there is only sound and not blink
I recorded all the above at a video, only 30 seconds long, which I hope you will take the time to watch.

Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.  You can see all that at the following video.

Stoic Joker:
Here is a real non critical one that just hit me...think about being able to open the help file from either the rt click menu or from inside properties (a Help tab or a link inside About?)  or it could be a link to the file as a page on your site.-movrshakr (March 13, 2011, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good one - With the number of features the clock now has, I'm starting to loose track of what all it does (and how). So I do believe it time to make a proper help file/system a priority.

It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?-xcopy (March 13, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Delay? There's not supposed to be one...  :huh: ...Which calendar config are you using (1, 3, or 12 month), all should be fairly instant. Let me know how you're configured (and on what OS etc.) and I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior.

If anyone else is also experiencing this behavior, do please chime in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version