ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (37/171) > >>

sagji:
As an experiment I added the DPI aware to the x64 version's manifest.
It now appears in the right place <added> and the calender appears on screen </added>.
But it isn't scaling correctly internally.

I have attached before and after images for the about, mouse, and quicky tabs - the others appear normal.
In the mouse tab the list of actions starts too soon so overlaps the controls for setting the actions.
In the quicky tab the list doesn't fill the remainder of the page.
The font in the tabs is smaller - so more fit on one line.
The label with the build information fits better but still wraps onto a second line and gets clipped.

Stoic Joker:
 :wallbash: Well that'll teach me not to test a 64bit issue on a 32bit box...  :-[

The internal scaling issue I've seen before, I hadn't addressed it yet because you'd never mentioned it -  which has been bugging me (I eluded to it a few pages back) - and I/we/one of us had to get the positioning issue nailed down first. Thanks for finding it.

All of the ListView controls are added/created at runtime so I'll just need to add a routine to size & position them based on current conditions after creation.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in resolving this.

MKappy:
Hi

Regarding the suggestions I made in

Re: T-Clock 2010 (beta - download)
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »

I have an alternate idea to the  Auto rename feature.  I originally suggested:

----------
3 Auto Rename file for file drag and drop?

This might be possible now but it's beyond my knowledge of how one would set this up.

The idea here would be to rename a dropped file to have a predefined user date/time string appended as a prefix or suffix before the file extension.
This might be the same as the single click option for example or perhaps yet another string specifically for this purpose.
For example:
   Original file name:   Draft_ideas.doc
   Suffix Drag drop results in:   Draft_ideas_2010-07-02_02hrs_07mins.doc
   Prefix Drag drop results in:   2010-07-02_Draft_ideas.doc
----------
--- End quote ---

Rather than try and deal with drag and drop to do the rename, which I don't know if it is even possible, instead, add the capability to do the remname as a right click menu item when you selct the file.  For example, right click on a file in the windows explorer and the option to tclock-rename with prefix   and tclock-rename with suffix   is offered.

Mark

Stoic Joker:
Drag and drop functionality is already built into T-Clock so I'm willing to explore the file rename option there. Adding something to the context menu would force me to have a method of removing it (read uninstall procedure) other than just deleting the clock's folder. So I'll leave that to one of the myriad of other apps out there more oriented toward file management.

@sagji - I know I still owe you a clean (no borked manifest) build, but I've been wrestling with how best to do what with which compiler (VS2005 vs. VS2010). I just don't like VS2010 ... So I've got to run a few test on some of the other (office/work) projects to see if I can decide if the switch is worth it.

Speaking of work/office projects, I've gotten tied up in a large in-house deployment that has had (and will continue to have) me tied up to the point that I'm to fried when I get home to work on T-Clock. Hopefully it will calm down a bit in a month or so and allow me to take another run at the project. I'm just spread a bit to thin these days so I had to drop something before I either screw it up or burn myself out (Which is getting annoyingly easy at my age).

MKappy:
Hi

I just noticed in the Beta 8 version that I just installed that there is a text wrapping issue in the About T-Clock box.  I've attached a screen shot.

The line in Bold that reads
   T-Clock 2010 x64 - Taskbar Clock -        

appears to have wrapped text to the next line but it is mostly obscured by the line that reads
   Stoic Joker 2006 - 2010

Perhaps this is the version number?

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version