ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (28/171) > >>

haydut:
Are there any plans for some sort of popup dialogue for alarms? I have no sound on my computers, so the alarm as it stands is no use to me. It'd be nice not to have to use another program.

I notice, on my computer at least, that the time and date seems to only use the top half of the taskbar, and if I increase font size, the bottom of the time and date disappears. I seem to remember I had this problem with TclockEX in Vista. I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64 now.

Stoic Joker:
Are there any plans for some sort of popup dialogue for alarms? I have no sound on my computers, so the alarm as it stands is no use to me. It'd be nice not to have to use another program.-haydut (June 12, 2010, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's what the blink option is for, it flashes the clock face when time is up. However if that's not enough of an attention getter, I could consider a system modal message box popup that bounces a bit. (Okay the bouncing may be a bit much, but I was just thinking that Jack Russel Terriers are impossible to ignore...:)). Would that work for you?

I notice, on my computer at least, that the time and date seems to only use the top half of the taskbar, and if I increase font size, the bottom of the time and date disappears. I seem to remember I had this problem with TclockEX in Vista. I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64 now.
--- End quote ---
Clock Size & Text Position on the Clock Text Tab are for resizing/moving the clock's position in the taskbar. Al-tho admittedly it's a bit flaky at times. Try toggling the font size up or down (hit apply) and then back where you wanted it (hit apply) if the positioning adjustments don't seem to be "taking" properly. This is an old bugg that's on my To-Kill list that I just haven't gotten to yet.

I think the 8 point font looks OK.-sagji (June 10, 2010, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perfect, something that actually works... :)

With my current setting normally the dialog appears with just the left most part visible. At 200% it doesn't appear at all. 300% is the same. At 125% it appears entirely to the left of the task bar. When I go back to 150% it also appears to the left of the task bar. If I reboot then it goes back to appearing mostly off screen.
--- End quote ---

I haven't gone quite that high, but I have been able to duplicate some of the behavior. I created a Vista Virtual PC for testing and both it and the XP VPC work fine with the original code, however ... The research I've done points at there being some behavioral changes made it Win 7 so if I don't get any other reports from people running high DPI on Win 2k/XP/Vista (Hint...!) I'll have to add a version check to any fix we can concoct.

My first batch of tests with factoring the DPI into the positioning code did manage to make the issue worse (e.g. reproducible on XP & Vista) ... So that's a good sign that I'm on the right track. I just need to figure out which screen measurement to factor in to pin the thing in the right place. So far I'm pretty sure this one is wrong:

--- Code: C++ ---iW = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN);  // Desktop Width  iH = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN); // Desktop Height /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////  hdc = GetDC(NULL);          wscreen = MulDiv(iW, GetDeviceCaps(hdc, LOGPIXELSY), 96);  hscreen = MulDiv(iH, GetDeviceCaps(hdc, LOGPIXELSY), 96);          ReleaseDC(NULL, hdc);
<ADDED>
When it is partly off screen it is only off the right side - the bottom edge is in the correct place.
--- End quote ---

I've noticed that behavior, and regardless of taskbar size/position too. Damn Strange it Are!

It might be an idea to log every step in calculating its position - as that might let us see where it is going wrong.
Or if you provide a debug version I could step through it and see if I can see anything.
--- End quote ---
I'm reasonably certain that the answer lies in feeding the right info into the MulDiv(...) function. as that's the only step where the DPI is handled. The rest is just subtracting the dialog & gap sizes from the X & Y before tossing it to that point via MoveWindow(...)

haydut:
Are there any plans for some sort of popup dialogue for alarms? I have no sound on my computers, so the alarm as it stands is no use to me. It'd be nice not to have to use another program.-haydut (June 12, 2010, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's what the blink option is for, it flashes the clock face when time is up. However if that's not enough of an attention getter, I could consider a system modal message box popup that bounces a bit. (Okay the bouncing may be a bit much, but I was just thinking that Jack Russel Terriers are impossible to ignore...:)). Would that work for you?-Stoic Joker (June 12, 2010, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to add a line or three of text that would pop up with each alarm, but I realise that may be beyond the scope of the T-Clock. As it happens, I just discovered "Stickies", another very useful little freeware program, which allows me to do what I need. Coincidentally, there's a setting in that program for the alarm to bounce.  :)

--- End quote ---
Clock Size & Text Position on the Clock Text Tab are for resizing/moving the clock's position in the taskbar.
--- End quote ---

Thanks! That's what I was missing. I guess I was more, ahem, tired than I thought last night. :beerchug:

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---
That's what the blink option is for, it flashes the clock face when time is up. However if that's not enough of an attention getter, I could consider a system modal message box popup that bounces a bit. (Okay the bouncing may be a bit much, but I was just thinking that Jack Russel Terriers are impossible to ignore...:)). Would that work for you?-Stoic Joker (June 12, 2010, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to add a line or three of text that would pop up with each alarm, but I realise that may be beyond the scope of the T-Clock. As it happens, I just discovered "Stickies", another very useful little freeware program, which allows me to do what I need. Coincidentally, there's a setting in that program for the alarm to bounce.  :)-haydut (June 12, 2010, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I must say the prospect is interesting ... Can you expand on that feature description a bit? And/or toss me a link to this Stickies program?

Jibz:
Something a little like ReminderFox or DS Clock would be awesome. A pop-up that shows upcoming events.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version