ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (24/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I have tested 7.2

The alarm crash has gone.-sagji (May 28, 2010, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hooray!

Is this the map you are looking for?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms647003(VS.85).aspx
Versions 7 and 7.2 have the same version no in the file (2.0.1.111).
I have a vague memory of VS2005 having an auto build no option somewhere - presumably in the linker options section.
--- End quote ---

Um, no. That function is used to pull the version info from a compiled binary for version validation. It actually is already being used in/by T-Clock to verify that the correct .dll version is being used. Here's the actual code:
--- Code: C++ ---//================================================================================================  //----------------------------//--------+++--> Verify the Correct Version of tClock.dll is Present:BOOL CheckDLL(char *fname) { //-----------------------------{ 2.0.1.52 }--------------------+++-->        DWORD size;        char *pBlock;        char szVersion[32] = {0};        VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *pffi;        BOOL br = FALSE;                size = GetFileVersionInfoSize(fname, 0);        if(size > 0) {                pBlock = malloc(size);                if(GetFileVersionInfo(fname, 0, size, pBlock)) {                        UINT tmp;                        if(VerQueryValue(pBlock, "\\\0", &pffi, &tmp)) {                                if(HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS) == 2 &&                                   LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS) == 0 &&                                   HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS) == 1 &&                                   LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS) == 111) {                                        br = TRUE; //--+++--> Correct tClock.dll File Version Found!                                }else{                                        wsprintf(szVersion, "Version: %d.%d.%d.%d",                                                HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS),                                                 LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS),                                                HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS),                                                 LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS));                                }                        }                }                free(pBlock);        }        if(!br) {                char msg[MAX_PATH+30];                strcpy(msg, "Invalid file version: ");                get_title(msg + strlen(msg), fname);                MyMessageBox(NULL, msg,                        szVersion, MB_OK, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);        }  return br;}
But that won't help with automagically updating the build number at compiletime. I thought perhaps you knew of a compiler option or script that would auto update the code during the build process for the older project types - C# projects will happily increment the build number - But this ain't C#

sagji:
Is this the map you are looking for?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms647003(VS.85).aspx
Versions 7 and 7.2 have the same version no in the file (2.0.1.111).
I have a vague memory of VS2005 having an auto build no option somewhere - presumably in the linker options section.-sagji (May 28, 2010, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um, no. That function is used to pull the version info from a compiled binary for version validation. It actually is already being used in/by T-Clock to verify that the correct .dll version is being used.

But that won't help with automagically updating the build number at compiletime. I thought perhaps you knew of a compiler option or script that would auto update the code during the build process for the older project types - C# projects will happily increment the build number - But this ain't C#
-Stoic Joker (May 28, 2010, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
What about these?
http://www.flounder.com/incrementing_build_numbers.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237870
http://www.codeproject.com/kb/dotnet/Auto_Increment_Version.aspx#xx1406378xx

sagji:
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.-sagji (May 15, 2010, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm... Let me Mull that one over a bit - I got see how many worms come flying outa the can when I open it before comitting... ;)-Stoic Joker (May 15, 2010, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, You win ... Alarms can now Chime the Hour.
-Stoic Joker (May 27, 2010, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was only using striking the hour as an example, so would prefer something more flexible - such as a simple numeric.
Also when the alarm is specified using the 24 hour clock then at 6 pm it strikes 18 times not 6.

mouser:
I just want to say thank you once again for continued work on t-clock -- it's something i couldn't do without.  :up:

Stoic Joker:
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.-sagji (May 15, 2010, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm... Let me Mull that one over a bit - I got see how many worms come flying outa the can when I open it before comitting... ;)-Stoic Joker (May 15, 2010, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, You win ... Alarms can now Chime the Hour.
-Stoic Joker (May 27, 2010, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was only using striking the hour as an example, -sagji (May 30, 2010, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Crap... (Didn't see that one coming.)

so would prefer something more flexible - such as a simple numeric.-sagji
--- End quote ---
Okay, added that - Current Alarm (sound) Options Now:
 Ring once.
 Ring X Times.
 Ring/Chime the Current Hour.

Also when the alarm is specified using the 24 hour clock then at 6 pm it strikes 18 times not 6.-sagji
--- End quote ---
I'm not really sure that needs fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version