ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (21/171) > >>

sagji:
I have installed the beta 6, and have noticed the following.

The properties dialog doesn't appear on screen - but it is in the window list. It looks like it is appearing to the right of the taskbar - however as my taskbar is on the right of the screen this places it off screen.-sagji (May 14, 2010, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate this behavior. I moved my Taskbar to the right side of the screen, selected T-Clock properties and it popped up to the left of the Taskbar as expected. I tried this on both the left & right monitor of a dual monitor (Win7 x64) rig and on a WinXP single monitor rig. Do you perhaps have another desktop customizing app that in bay be confused by/conflicting with?
-Stoic Joker (May 14, 2010, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Windows 7 Home Pro x64 (UK) Single mointor (2560x1600) 144 DPI (150%), No extra apps. Sometimes it will show just the left border of the dialog on the right of the screen. The high DPI setting throws a lot of apps off, so a likely suspect.
Alarm sounds tend to be short - often so short as to be easily missed. It would be useful to specify the number of occurrences - so that the bell could ring say 6 times at 6 pm.
--- End quote ---

Ring 6 times at 6:00pm - You mean for the hourly chime? The plain alarms have the repeat option which will loop the sound file until dismissed. Also for alarms, you can throw any sound file at it .wav, .mdi, .mp3 ... The sounds that come with are just handy examples to play with (Okay, granted I love the ClockChimes.wav - But it isn't mandatory... ;) ).

Now the 6 rings @ 6 Hourly Chime thing I like, I'd actually been toying with trying that ... So it looks like I will be now.

--- End quote ---
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.

Stoic Joker:
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.-sagji (May 15, 2010, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm... Let me Mull that one over a bit - I got see how many worms come flying outa the can when I open it before comitting... ;)

sagji:
I changed my DPI setting to 100% (96 DPI) an the problem didn't occur, but strangely when I set it back to 150% it didn't recur until I restarted explorer - although normally it occurs all the time.

I have noticed a new problem. When the taskbar is set as transparent there are minor redraw artefacts. When I mouse over an Icon in a toolbar and move the mouse away there is a faint grey square round the icon. Also when a tooltip disappears there is a faint line round where it was, and when the transparency is changed the separator used between toolbars suffers a similar problem.
A screen shot would explain this much better - however the effect isn't seen in the screen shot - which also doesn't show the transparency at all.

Stoic Joker:
I changed my DPI setting to 100% (96 DPI) an the problem didn't occur, but strangely when I set it back to 150% it didn't recur until I restarted explorer - although normally it occurs all the time.-sagji (May 16, 2010, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do most of my testing With a Virtual PC running WindowsXP (Which makes for safer crashing) I set it to 150DPI, and discovered much of the T-Clock interface looks like crap that way. Are you seeing that also? But the Properties Dialog positioning remains (on screen) correct. Damn peculiar it is.

I have noticed a new problem. When the taskbar is set as transparent there are minor redraw artefacts. When I mouse over an Icon in a toolbar and move the mouse away there is a faint grey square round the icon. Also when a tooltip disappears there is a faint line round where it was, and when the transparency is changed the separator used between toolbars suffers a similar problem.
A screen shot would explain this much better - however the effect isn't seen in the screen shot - which also doesn't show the transparency at all.
--- End quote ---
That almost sounds like a driver issue - Vista had problems with stalling clock output (and etc...) when it was first released, but after a few MS updates the problem went away...Which is why I never looked into it. What OS and hardware configuration are you running?

sagji:
I changed my DPI setting to 100% (96 DPI) an the problem didn't occur, but strangely when I set it back to 150% it didn't recur until I restarted explorer - although normally it occurs all the time.-sagji (May 16, 2010, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do most of my testing With a Virtual PC running WindowsXP (Which makes for safer crashing) I set it to 150DPI, and discovered much of the T-Clock interface looks like crap that way. Are you seeing that also? But the Properties Dialog positioning remains (on screen) correct. Damn peculiar it is.
-Stoic Joker (May 16, 2010, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
A lot of programs do look bad at high DPI settings but T-Clock looks fine. On the Windows 7 custom DPI dialog there is a checkbox for "Use XP style DPI settings" which in my case is unticked.

--- End quote ---
That almost sounds like a driver issue - Vista had problems with stalling clock output (and etc...) when it was first released, but after a few MS updates the problem went away...Which is why I never looked into it. What OS and hardware configuration are you running?

--- End quote ---

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/17/2010, 08:33:38
       Machine name: WOL-001
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
          Page File: 3028MB used, 9256MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_604619DA&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 3311 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
      Shared Memory: 2815 MB
       Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Dell 3007WFP
      Monitor Model: DELL3007WFPHC
         Monitor Id: DEL4016
        Native Mode: unknown
        Output Type: DVI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9745 (English)
     Driver Version: 8.17.11.9745
        DDI Version: 10
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 4/3/2010 23:55:31, 11906664 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4500-11CF-7B5C-4D401FC2C535}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x0640
          SubSys ID: 0x604619DA
        Revision ID: 0x00A1