ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (19/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Tangential note...

The Windows keys do not work reliably because they're a reserved System Key.
-Stoic Joker (April 07, 2010, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was just reading about RegisterHotKey:-ewemoa (April 13, 2010, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yepper... That was the page that got me to thinking...

The F12 key is reserved for use by the debugger at all times, so it should not be registered as a hot key. Even when you are not debugging an application, F12 is reserved in case a kernel-mode debugger or a just-in-time debugger is resident.
--- End quote ---
I noticed that the latest T-Clock 2010 doesn't allow F12 to be registered :)

BTW, do you know of a good list of reserved keys?  What I've found so far is:

http://www.aquariussoft.com/pc-keyboard-hotkey/help-windows-shortcuts.asp
--- End quote ---

(Pardon the side track - But I just remembered something - There is a program Listed here on the board called ActiveHotKeys that was a total Life Saver when I was working on the configurable hotkeys part. It was the only reason I found out that I was registering the keys properly, but with the wrong information (which is why nothing had worked in testing (for 2 days)). So... I just wanted to throw in a quick pitch for it. :)

Anyhow, I never did find a truly complete list of (default) Windows HotKeys (but I love collecting them), which is why I started putting together a database of them - which I then never had time to finish. It's a bit plain (ok it's ugly) but works:

Stoic Joker's HotKey db

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on/for the Time Sync "feature" (mess) I'm still futzing with it.

ewemoa:
(Pardon the side track - But I just remembered something - There is a program Listed here on the board called ActiveHotKeys that was a total Life Saver when I was working on the configurable hotkeys part. It was the only reason I found out that I was registering the keys properly, but with the wrong information (which is why nothing had worked in testing (for 2 days)). So... I just wanted to throw in a quick pitch for it. :)
-Stoic Joker (April 13, 2010, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm also a fan of it :)  Though I noticed it didn't seem to work with at least one AHK hotkey of mine (may be that's normal).

Anyhow, I never did find a truly complete list of (default) Windows HotKeys (but I love collecting them), which is why I started putting together a database of them - which I then never had time to finish. It's a bit plain (ok it's ugly) but works:

Stoic Joker's HotKey db

--- End quote ---
Thanks for that.  That reminds me -- I looked into what you said about the Windows key being reserved a bit more and found this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2007/11/30/6605629.aspx

It pointed to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms971323

which had an interesting section that starts with the text:

Use the following guidelines for designing shortcut keys:

May be you are already familiar with it.

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on/for the Time Sync "feature" (mess) I'm still futzing with it.

--- End quote ---
To be honest, I don't ATM.  But if I think of something...

Edit: I forgot to ask -- I found this Global Atom Viewer but it appears to be a Japanese application.  It seems to be handy when doing RegisterHotKey-related things.  Do you know of anything similar in English?

Stoic Joker:
Edit:[/b] I forgot to ask -- I found this Global Atom Viewer but it appears to be a Japanese application.  It seems to be handy when doing RegisterHotKey-related things.  Do you know of anything similar in English?-ewemoa (April 14, 2010, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't believe I've ever seen anything like that one. But an English version might make a good Coding Snack.

On the Windows key links, I don't believe I've been to that page specifically, but the gist of what I skimmed looks to be inline with everything else I'd been reading at the time. I'll have to try and give it a complete read later to see what kind of how to create a UI that doesn't suck tips I can glean.

tomos:
finally got around to 'installing' this - thanks!
I never used the older version but this is great :-*

Wondering is there a way to have date & time on two lines,
e.g.

Sat, Apr 17
 23:54:40

ewemoa:
I think there is.  Does the image in the following post help?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21944.msg200201#msg200201

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version