ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (12/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Trying out the first beta of TC2010 (congratulations, btw  :Thmbsup:)

Stopwatch can now can be controlled form the command line:

/exit   : Exit T-Clock 2010
      /stop   : Stop (pause really) the Stopwatch Counter
      /lap   : Record a (the current) Lap Time
      /reset   : Reset Stopwatch to 0 (stop as/if needed)
-Stoic Joker (March 27, 2010, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Woohoo!  Mmm, command line options...Sorry, I'll try to contain myself.

The quoted 1 + 3 items appear to work as expected here.

/prop   : Open T-Clock 2010 Properties
      /start   : Start the Stopwatch Counter (open as/if needed)

--- End quote ---
These made a corresponding dialog of T-Clock active -- which seems to make sense for /prop, but I'm not sure it does for /start.  Do you get the same behavior?-ewemoa (March 27, 2010, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
The /prop  &  /exit switches have always been in T-Clock, they're part of Kazubon's origional code. /stop, /lap, & /reset are all rather predictable as they assume (require) the stopwatch be running to effect their changes. /start however has a dual purpose (requirement) which will both start the counter and launch the stopwatch dialog window if it isn't already open. If the stopwatch window was already open, it would only start the counter in the pre-existing window.

Timers Can now be viewed/monitored:

--- End quote ---
Took me a bit to figure out how to make that window appear :) 

Some observations:

I had a single timer visible in the Timer Watch dialog, stopped it from the Add/Edit dialog (so this is neither expiring nor plain removal from the dialog), and noticed that the Timer Watch dialog went away.  Is that what happens there?  Not sure what I think of that yet.
--- End quote ---
I guess it would seem a bit quirky at first glance - But the logic behind it is that if there is only one timer(/purpose for the window) running, and that timer is canceled, why make the user close two windows just to get rid of it. Hence the window's self terminating if un-needed behavior.

...And yes, I do need to flush out the help file a bit in that department.

Highlight a timer in ListView & hit Delete - To get Exit Options.

--- End quote ---
This seemed to work for all three cases.

I started to wonder whether it might be useful to be able to start expired or stopped timers from the Timer Watch dialog -- and/or perhaps have some way to get the Add/Edit Timer dialog to appear via a hotkey or button press.  Still at the wondering stage though.
--- End quote ---

I've pondered that one myself, unfortunately getting the timers to restart from the watch window would require recoding the whole shebang from scratch as launching the timers is dependent on accessing a CBGetItemData structure which is only available when the add/edit window is open.

I haven't started exploring the hotkey option yet, but that will be dependent on how reliably I can make it without hooking even deeper into the shell.

Note: Timer Watch will automatically close if last timer is removed, or if a Single watched timer Expires.

--- End quote ---
I observed these two results too.  I'm not sure what I think of the latter yet.

--- End quote ---
[/quote]

Granted I'm assuming ... :) But...
If the last watched timer is removed, the next logical step would be to close the now un-needed window (which is why it's automated).

If a single timer expires, the alarm is more of an attention getter that a string of zeros (or the expired flag) so auto-closing the window while the clock is flashing & beeping saves an extra click.

The first (tricky) part was just get the thing to work ... :) ... *Shrug* the design behavior after that is up for debate. So let me know if it starts to grow on ya, or just itchs real bad.

Thank You,

Stoic Joker

Stoic Joker:
Okay, as it turns out Hotkeys are a hell of a lot easier that I'd originally thought. So...

T-Clock Hotkeys
Ctrl + Shift + S      : Opens the T-Clock Stopwatch.
Ctrl + Shift + T      : Opens T-Clock Add/Edit Timers.
Ctrl + Shift + W   : Opens the T-Clock Timer Watch Window.
Note: Timer Watch will auto-close if it isn’t needed (has no timers being watched).

Now included in the new build available in the usual place.

Stoic Joker:
For you Astronomy buffs, I've added the Julian Date as a custom formatting option (JD)

If you are wondering what the Julian Date is...

Today is: 2455283.5

Download in usual place

ewemoa:
Okay, as it turns out Hotkeys are a hell of a lot easier that I'd originally thought. So...

T-Clock Hotkeys
Note: Timer Watch will auto-close if it isn’t needed (has no timers being watched).
-Stoic Joker (March 28, 2010, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for adding these.  They seem to work here.

Ctrl+Shift+T happens to be something I use often for Firefox (opening the most recently closed tab).

Given the possibility of conflicting shortcut keys, I wonder if configurability of the specific keys would be helpful.  If that's a pain or too much work or whatever, perhaps you can punt on the shortcut keys for the moment (sorry, I know I asked for them initially).

A random thought: if command line options for the functionality of opening (and closing or toggling) the various windows were available, it'd be possible to set up something else (e.g AHK or FARR) to handle the specification and triggering of hotkeys.  What do you think?

Stoic Joker:

T-Clock Hotkeys
-Stoic Joker (March 28, 2010, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for adding these.  They seem to work here.

Ctrl+Shift+T happens to be something I use often for Firefox (opening the most recently closed tab).-ewemoa (March 29, 2010, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shit, I was afraid that would happen.

Given the possibility of conflicting shortcut keys, I wonder if configurability of the specific keys would be helpful.  If that's a pain or too much work or whatever, perhaps you can punt on the shortcut keys for the moment (sorry, I know I asked for them initially).
--- End quote ---

It seemed reasonable enough at the time (and I like Hotkeys). I figure there are three options:
1. Add the Alt key to the Ctrl + Shift + X combo (and hope that's not used too)
2. Switch to Ctrl + Fx (and hope nobody else thought of that option)
3. Make the keys configurable - which means adding a tab to the properties dialog, in which case I'll have to reorganize all the existing pages (again).

A random thought: if command line options for the functionality of opening (and closing or toggling) the various windows were available, it'd be possible to set up something else (e.g AHK or FARR) to handle the specification and triggering of hotkeys.  What do you think?
--- End quote ---

If it's gotta be written in something, I might as well write it into the existing app. ...Guess I'll just half to get blind drunk and a dart board to figure this one out. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version