topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005754 times)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #675 on: November 25, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Sorry,
I totally missed that... I only noticed that Time Format tab has not checkbox for that option... :-[
Not your fault ;) Next releases will have a note on that^^
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #676 on: January 14, 2015, 08:31 PM »
In the Time Format, the time difference isn't working for me. It just outputs the "td-16:00" as a regular text string.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #677 on: January 15, 2015, 11:26 AM »
because such a format doesn't exist.
As of now, you can only use "w+05" to output current hour +5
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

azrdog

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #678 on: January 22, 2015, 05:33 AM »
Hello, T-Clock is a very good program, lots of options, works on win7x64, but lacks information, such as CPU usage,RAM format %. This is AlfaClockFree_1.90 but does not work on win7x64 :(. Maybe You will have time to look and to add these useful functions. Thanks in advance.
Spoiler
часы3 11.jpg

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:40 AM by azrdog »

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #679 on: January 26, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Surprise for me...
I recently had to reload Windows 8.1, and the T-clock left click gives me the calendar, which is what I want. 

However, it used to be a vertical stack of three months, but now is a horizontal row of 3 months--and looks far more "Windows-ish" than it used to. 

I much prefer the former way, but cannot find any settings in Properties to switch back to the vertical stack.

Is there a way?  Running 2.3.2 build 151

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2015, 05:43 PM »
[...] but lacks information, such as CPU usage,RAM format %. [...]
These are on my todo for quite some time. So I'm not sure if I really want to add them just now. Because I originally planned to add this and more once I've rewrote the entire format "system". There's a lot to improve

[...] "Windows-ish" [...]
Like in Windows XP / 95 ? In that case, yep it's a bug.. well at least my local build looks that way :P (didn't check release build)
But regarding horizontal vs vertical.. well my build is showing those 3 months for quite some time horizontally... I don't even remember them being vertically^^ And adding an option isn't that trivial.. nor is there an easy way how to express the option for that^^

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #681 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Thanks.
Now I have to confess that I was thinking of a different program that shows the vertical calendar.  In tclock, I was only getting ONE month showing before, and I know how to set it for that
Duh..

Don't get old.  It's no fun.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #682 on: January 26, 2015, 07:09 PM »
just out of curiosity, which program is it :P?

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #683 on: January 26, 2015, 07:41 PM »
just out of curiosity, which program is it :P?
The calendar panel (they call it navigator) in Outlook which I have positioned on the right side, so when open it is right above Tclock

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock Redux 2.3.2
« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2015, 11:30 AM »
I really don't know why I don't just chuck this computer out the window;  
I am so tired of "fixing things" instead of using it.

Reinstalled Windows 8.1 a week ago due to having to reboot 8-10 times a day using hard kill.
Have been reinstalling the various apps I use and setting options in them since then.
Had T-Clock working fine.

Today, got tired of the Norton nag to "register" (buy) it, so I installed Comodo Dragon and uninstalled Norton.
Now, error message "Failed to customize clock:3" appears any time it is tried to start.

Downloaded from the 1st post to be sure I had the latest...same error.

Makes me want to chew nails--especially since I have had Tclock working with Comodo Dragon in the past.

LATER:
Fixed.
Occurred to me to try compatibility.  Setting the exe to Win7 compatibility let it start and no error message.
Wish I could remember all these tricks associated with various program/OS quirks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:04 PM by movrshakr »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #685 on: January 29, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Hope you have uninstalled Norton first and maybe even used a cleanup utility.. (and of course restarted at least once)
You should configure your Comodo though, instead of using a "workaround"... You'll loose some T-Clock functionality with Win7 compatibility mode besides not really fixing your problem that Comodo blocked T-Clock^^

edit: fixed spelling.. I've wrote "clienup" instead of "cleanup" xD Don't ask me how that happened...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:06 PM by WhiteTigX »

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #686 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Yes, I did uninstall Norton...tried to use Revo uninstaller to get a good clean removal, but the Norton uninstall, which REVO runs first before doing its stuff, runs you into a restart--which closes Revo so it does not get to do its registry clean and file removal steps (pretty sneaky so they can leave their stuff behind I think).

I did configure Comodo using Chiron's settings (in Windows Secrets for one place).

T-clock seems OK this way--at least it does what I want, which is really only two things:
--let me set big, black font for date and time
--show me a calendar on click

I'm good for now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:13 PM by movrshakr »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #687 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I actually meant a real cleanup utility such as: https://support.nort...EndUserProfile_en_us
You shouldn't uninstall stuff like an AV using 3rd party tools that aren't made for this task anyway... AV's and some other software interact deeply with the system. That's why they can damage or corrupt it if something goes wrong. Such a 3rd party uninstaller can cause such issues. And a lot AV vendors have cleanup utilities or a community created one (in case of Comodo)

Uninstallers like Revo are fake in some ways anyway... they can only know what a software installed / created if they watched the install process... (which btw. interacts deeply with the system and can yet again cause trouble) And I'm not sure if you installed an AV with Revo^^ Wouldn't be the best idea anyway.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #688 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I understand what you are saying; I have never had any problem with REVO damaging anything when set to 'moderate' level of detection.  It may leave stuff unremoved of course, and certainly did this time since Norton subverted the process by injecting the re-start, which ended Revo's operations.

I did just now download and run the Norton remover. It ran, but gives no report of details on what it did (it does say 'doing xyz' while running, but not results) --maybe removed nothing since I had already done the standard removal, and that could have confused it--but it did not report being confused.

We have no way of knowing what programs have their own removers except by doing a web search every time we get ready to uninstall something. Lots of added work.  One has to wonder why Norton did not make that remover tool be its uninstaller that runs when commanded through Programs and Features.  It could pop up a selection list to pick which thing to uninstall, or they could break it into pieces for each separate product.  The truth is, they WANT to leave stuff behind to do things like beg you to reinstall, or collect data (maybe) or whatever.  They don't want a clean, total uninstall to be done.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:52 AM by movrshakr »

Two_toNe

• Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #689 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36 AM »
I just ran across this, very cool to see this thing still alive after all these years. Thanks Stoic Joker for continuing on with what myself left behind & Kazubon started.  ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #690 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30 PM »
On behalf of all of us who use it, thank you for your work on it Two_toNe!!!!  :-* :-* :-*

Two_toNe

• Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2015, 01:32 PM »
Thanks mouser. I've been feeling a little nostalgic lately & decided to see what was up with the world of customizing. I haven't been on this site in years & seemed to have missed a lot of cool apps. I see you have a new version of LaunchBar Commander out, think I'll have to play with it tonight when I get home. Also I have to play with T-Clock 2010 too.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #692 on: February 24, 2015, 04:14 PM »
I am a long time user and fan of t-clock. :up:

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #693 on: February 24, 2015, 04:31 PM »
On behalf of all of us who use it, thank you for your work on it Two_toNe!!!!  :-* :-* :-*

A big +1 to that! Two_toNe's work on T-Clock helped me immensely in getting it past the x64 hurdle.

But just to keep the record straight, White Tiger is the T-Clock's current curator, as I bowed out due to time constraints about a year ago.

Two_toNe

• Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #694 on: February 24, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Then thank you WhiteTigX for picking it up this time around  :Thmbsup:

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Requested change to T-Clock Redux x64 - 2.3.2 build 151
« Reply #695 on: February 25, 2015, 07:22 AM »
After reading this discussion thread, I downloaded, installed and ran T-Clock (T-Clock Redux x64 - 2.3.2 build 151).
This is on a laptop with Win8.1-64 PRO.
The systray clock now looks like this (which is just fine):

T-Clock calendar display - 01 systray.jpg

...and after making the calendar display settings, here:

T-Clock calendar display - 02 settings.jpg

...this is what the calendar display looks like:

T-Clock calendar display - 03 display.jpg

This was almost what I wanted, which would have been something more like this (click image to enlarge):
(The display settings would need to allow for x months forwards, and y months prior to the current calendar month, with x and y and colours/backgrounds/fonts etc. selectable to those shown.)

Betaclock calendar display.pngT-Clock 2010 (download)

Question: Would it be possible that the range of T-Clock calendar display settings could be extended so as to enable this kind of thing?
(Thanks in advance.)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #696 on: February 25, 2015, 07:36 AM »
in theory it probably could (almost)... though one problem would be the settings dialog to configure it :P There's not enough space right now.. might require a specific "Calendar" tab just for that...

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #697 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02 AM »
@WhiteTigX: Thanks. Well, there's hope for that request then.
I've been wanting to get that calendar display, and been hunting for software to do it for years. I had it all with BETACLOCK, but BETACLOCK stopped working at XP(SP3) and above.

cyrilh

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #698 on: February 25, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Hi,

Thanks White tiger++ for the fantastic work done here, it's adopted as part of my must have small pieces of free software (like pdfSAM and greenshot to name the ones I remember). How often I looked at the OS calendar and turned to another full blown app to read the week number!

Wishlist: being able to overlay other calendar data, static (e.g. school holidays in iCalendar format) or even better dynamic (e.g. read them from my email/calendar application)

Enjoy,
Cyril

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #699 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02 PM »
@IainB: I didn't yet fully look into it.. from what I've seen is that it's possible to change the background and font (style,color), but it might be "impossible" to set different fonts for week numbers, heading, etc...
Well maybe through hacks... but those are likely version dependent...

You basically just want similar colors as you've shown on the screen shot? May I ask why?

@cyrilh: well... there have been requests to be able to use the calendar for more stuff then just showing the current date... like adding an appointment or deadline, etc. But I'm not that interested into enhancing the in-build calendar that much... it's almost an entirely differently program and a lot of work to begin with... I might make it easier to replace T-Clock's calendar with a 3rd party one.. (like allowing once again to run custom programs on mouse clicks which is on my to-do anyway)

People are still welcome to contribute their own code :P

P.S. I really should change my name / grab another one.. everyone spells it differently xD Or some did even ask how to pronounce my current one right here.. Too bad White-Tiger / WhiteTiger wasn't available the time I registered^^ Or that I didn't use ShiroTora instead...
Though my name is meant to refer a white tiger, I'll never use a space between those words :P It's either White-Tiger or WhiteTiger