ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (131/171) > >>

Gebar:
Hi! First, thank you for this amazing program!!!  :D

A question: Would it be easy for you to allow two instances of the program to run simultaneously?

The reason I want this is that then you could have one instance display the time in big numbers, and next to it the other instance display the date again in big letters. That way you would have both date and time in a single line taskbar with small icons, without it being crowded

Or you could have the same effect with one instance of the program running if, except for the \n code to go to the line underneath, you had a different code to go to the next "column", so that you would have the date display on the right of the time (or vice-versa depending on how you arrange your custom format).

But thanks again anyway.

paul_ray:
I don't know if there are plans to use the "GetTickCount64" function instead of the "GetTickCount" function in getting the uptime but it would be nice.

The new function does not have the 49.7 day limit.
It is supported starting with Vista.
(It does not require 64 bit OS).

GetTickCount64 MSDN

paul_ray:
Are there plans to use Environment variables for the display?
I would like to use the "COMPUTERNAME" variable in my display format, so I don't have to hard code the machine name.

This makes it easier for support when I need to know the computer name.

trlkly:
WhiteTigX, the third to last PM I sent you (about a method of sharpening the text) didn't get a reply, though the second to last one did. My outbox wasn't sent directly, so I'm not sure if you got it?

Also, how do you say your username? I say White Tiggex, like Tigger but with ex at the end. But I could also see it being like tiger, hence White Tie-gex.

WhiteTigX:
[...] In this version, I think the behaviour of mouse-over tooltip is different somehow:
if not enabled: always shows on main display (I think this is the Windows tooltip)
if enabled: for the second display clock, it shows the tooltip on top side of main display.-power1power1 (October 14, 2014, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've found no way to control the default tooltip.. so for "full" multimon support, a custom tooltip must be used. Though that one had a design flaw xD Will be fixed...

Q: What is the difference between static and non static ones? Both distributions have dll files ...-power1power1 (October 14, 2014, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well the static version doesn't require external dependencies... so no need to install Visual C++ Runtimes.
Was basically a test to see what happens...

[...]
A question: Would it be easy for you to allow two instances of the program to run simultaneously?
[...]-Gebar (October 14, 2014, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sry not possible I suppose. Though, I don't really get your reason for that... from what you've described, left and right "clock" will display the same font, use the same size and both are single line... so where's your problem exactly?

I don't know if there are plans to use the "GetTickCount64" function instead of the "GetTickCount" function in getting the uptime but it would be nice.[...]-paul_ray (October 14, 2014, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Will be used in next version. Though 32bit users or pre-Vista might not like it xD A bit slower in that case... (from a CPU cycle perspective, probably not very noticeable)

Are there plans to use Environment variables for the display?
[...]-paul_ray (October 14, 2014, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not really... Environment variables are mostly static.. so there's not much use for such a feature. Besides your rare use case of course...

[...]
Also, how do you say your username? I say White Tiggex, like Tigger but with ex at the end. But I could also see it being like tiger, hence White Tie-gex.-trlkly (October 23, 2014, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well... your first guess is ok I guess.. though "WhiteTigX" is only a workaround for not being able to use "White-Tiger". Just ignore the name here :P Still need to figure out a unique name... And of course I did receive your mails.. though I've got reasons not to answer them (apart from the fact that I named my point already, but still, nothing is fix)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version