topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005653 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #525 on: May 28, 2014, 08:07 AM »
I used the fantastic T-Clock for years on my PC under XP professional 32bit. We now changed to Win7 enterprise 64bit. I downloaded TC2010 b.95, as well as some other modified versions mentioned here. But I could not get any of those to start, neither as std. user or localadmin. Clicking the .exe, nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

hi Hans,
I'm not the expert, but have you tried this one:
https://www.donation....msg336616#msg336616
(2.0.2.99 Thu Sep 05 19:39:24 2013)

I have it running on Win7 x64 pro since release. FWIW I dont remember having any problems setting it up...
Tom

HR

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Thanks, tomos!

I just tried your suggestion. This one also does nothing. Some of the others seem to install somehow, because afterwards there is an indication when I move the mouse pointer over the time display area, lower right corner. This can be removed by running "clock /exit" from the command line.
All of them can be started as "clock /prop"; then the TClock properties appear and I can configure them. But TClock is not responsive after that, left or right clicks don't let appear anything. Also, choosing "start with Windows" has no effect.  And the worst: the original calendar of Windows7 vanished :-(

Any one out there with an idea?

p.s. I run Win7 in german version

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #527 on: May 28, 2014, 09:42 AM »
wanna try TeamViewer :P? I guess the solution is a simple one, but it might take lots of trial and error^^
we might also talk by using TeamSpeak, Steam or TeamViewer itself^^

Your German OS shouldn't matter btw.
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #528 on: May 28, 2014, 04:41 PM »
well... otherwise make sure you use the files inside the x64 folder.
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #529 on: May 28, 2014, 10:41 PM »
If you have been trying multiple versions to get something working there could be a configuration conflict in the registry (things have gotten moved from time to time). Try deleting the T-Clock info from the registry to get it to start clean and see if that makes a difference.

Also assuming you do have show the default windows clock enabled (it is a requirement), does the clock window totally disappear, or change size when you run T-Clock?

schoolmeubel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Dear,

at the moment my x64 T-clock Build 98 week numbers do not show correctly, it shows week 22 but it is week 23 now.
The mini T-clock calender shows 23. How can I fix this?

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2014, 04:41 PM »
there are actually 4 week "systems" build into T-Clock...
Ws : simple, week starts at Sunday
Wm : simple, week starts at Monday
Wi : complex, added by henriko.se and uses ISO-8601 standard
Ww : simple but custom from Stoic Joker

All show 22 except for Wi which shows 23

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #532 on: June 03, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Stoic Joker, since you're still around, could you edit in a link to the latest version in the first post? I almost missed it, and was going to report a bug that has now been fixed.

I still have one other thing to report, however. It's a feature request more than anything. I would like to have a menu option and click option for pulling up the Alarm dialog. Right now, I use a workaround where I make sure the alarm is the last tab open when I use the Properties dialog, but an explicit Alarm option would be nice.

Even better would be if they could have a fold out option like the Timers do, listing all alarms.

Finally, I'd like a mouse-click option to set the time. Double clicking on the clock would let you set it back in XP, and I'd love to have that back. I figure that would be easy to code--otherwise I wouldn't ask, as it's so trivial. But that alarm clock thing would really be nice.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #533 on: June 03, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know what the latest build is these days. I stepped away from the project and released the source code about a year or so ago. There are several other people are working on it now (I think), but I don't know who is where on what. I just forget sometimes and comment here out of reflex.

If someone knows what the most current build is, I'll add it to the first post here, and also make a note of it on my website ... My inbox is still getting hammered about that week number bit.

@WhiteTigX - Did you or LonelyPixel have the latest build?

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know what the latest build is these days. I stepped away from the project and released the source code about a year or so ago. There are several other people are working on it now (I think), but I don't know who is where on what. I just forget sometimes and comment here out of reflex.

If someone knows what the most current build is, I'll add it to the first post here, and also make a note of it on my website ... My inbox is still getting hammered about that week number bit.

@WhiteTigX - Did you or LonelyPixel have the latest build?

Well, I was referring to WhiteTigX's version, which implemented using the Windows default calendar and fixed it where clicking again closes it. His version is linked here: https://www.donation....msg336616#msg336616

LonelyPixel's version is already in linked the first post, so I don' think you need to worry about that one.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #535 on: June 04, 2014, 03:50 AM »
Stoic Joker, since you're still around, could you edit in a link to the latest version in the first post? I almost missed it, and was going to report a bug that has now been fixed.

[...]
it's not his fault actually :P He asked others for that already... including the "removal" of his name etc... I didn't do this as of now... my next release will fix that though, but hadn't a real reason to do anything yet :P No bug reports for example xD

But your requests should be doable :P

Will take a while though since I have to redo my Github repo... including readme.md, reverting it and using the "release" feature of Github... adding the binaries to the Git repo isn't good xD But didn't know any better back then...

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #536 on: June 04, 2014, 06:54 AM »
Download of White Tiger's build now added to first post.

schoolmeubel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2014, 01:23 AM »
there are actually 4 week "systems" build into T-Clock...
Ws : simple, week starts at Sunday
Wm : simple, week starts at Monday
Wi : complex, added by henriko.se and uses ISO-8601 standard
Ww : simple but custom from Stoic Joker

All show 22 except for Wi which shows 23
Thanks that did the trick, this wasn't in the manual Wi

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2014, 03:15 AM »
well.. I'm planning on adding an extended editor for easier clock customization.. T-Clock is a nice piece of software, but for most people too hard to use. (a default configuration should also be added... so that is handles mouse clicks the same way as the default clock)

This extended editor includes live preview of what the modifier does (within the editor) but also a live preview on the tray clock itself... this especially helps with font settings, margins and that stuff.
But that's just what I want it to have.. I can't say how soon (if at all) I'm actually doing this :P It requires some rewrites and the dialog itself is a lot of work too^^

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Well, since it's going to take a while, I guess I'll go ahead and report another bug, in case I forget. I don't use it, but the Custom Calendar option doesn't seem to open on Windows 7 64bit. I can open it manually by opening "XPCalender.exe," but it won't open from TClock.

Also, while I also already replied to WhiteTigx's message asking what the Set Time option does in XP, the message didn't show up in my outbox, so I'm posting here. As you guessed, it just opens the normal time set dialog, the same one opened by the right click menu item. Unfortunately UAC makes it still a bit different than in XP, but I don't think there's anything you can do about that.1

Ideally, what I would like is for every menu item to eventually2 be available in the Mouse tab. From a design standpoint, it just makes sense. The click options are quick shortcuts to the existing menu options.

1You're going to get some form of UAC prompt either way, since you must elevate to set the time. So you might as well stick with the way Windows handles it, where you only get the dialog if you try to change the time.

2As in, don't hold up a release for it! It's not that important.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:10 PM by trlkly »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #540 on: June 10, 2014, 03:25 AM »
^^
About that Calendar "problem"... you had the options dialog open don't you? Yep it can't "open" in that case... well it does... but it closes right away when "Close Calendar on Lose Focus" is checked... reason being that the options dialog somehow keeps focus... dunno what to do about it...

And yes, I've received your PM... when you've meant this less describing one :P
Yeah, that's all it does. So all you'd really need to do is add that "set time" feature to the mouse actions tab.

stanislay33

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
T-Clock 2010 -- background color?
« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2014, 04:51 AM »
Hi,

I used the great T-Clock 1.42 for years under XP Pro x86 as shown in the snapshot (running under virtual machine in this case). My favourite setup was text in black with yellow background.

Now I'm running T-Clock 2010 x64 b98 in Windows 7 SP1 X64 Ultimate but apparently there is only the setting for the Clock Text color under the Properties, not the background tray color.

How to get the same black/ yellow combination, please?

Regards,
Stanislay

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2014, 03:15 PM »
New release ;) Lots of changes and bug fixes, see Github front page
sadly I had to recreate the Github repository... it's a bad thing to do so, but there were binary files that shouldn't have been there and some authors weren't credited... This IS the last and only recreate of that kind, I promise ;)

See: https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock
Downloads: https://github.com/W...ger/T-Clock/releases

Please take your time and test it... I did.. but changed so much that it's hard to be sure if everything still works xD I guess it does... but a re-check doesn't hurt ;)
Also please speak about my Github front page, I wanna hear your responses about it 8) (and the "new" name)

@trlkly:
this should include everything you've wanted ;) Please test and report back :P

@Stoic Joker:
please check about screen and tell if you're happy with it^^
You can also see at my Github that the first commit's Author is you now ;)
Could you adapt the topic according? Add my download links by pointing to my Github releases page, and also put my Github page where you've got the other one.

@stanislay33:
not sure if I will ever add that... but you're right, T-Clock doesn't include such a feature...
I'm not totally against it... but do you really like/need it? Isn't the transition with the task-bar way better :P?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:49 PM by WhiteTigX »

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #543 on: June 18, 2014, 03:21 PM »
*woops* (didn't mean to post this post, the above one is right though ;))

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2014, 04:44 PM »
please check about screen and tell if you're happy with it^^

You can also see at my Github that the first commit's Author is you now ;)
Could you adapt the topic according? Add my download links by pointing to my Github releases page, and also put my Github page where you've got the other one.

Links updated.

Only thing on the About screen that's a bit of a problem is I didn't get it running on XP (e.g. with the then new Themes) Two_toNe did. My main contribution to T-Clock's history was creation of the first 64-bit build of it.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2014, 04:51 PM »
well... the history in it is still the same... with my little addition at the end...

There isn't that much space actually.. so I'll either have to add scrollbars, shorten the text or leave it the way it is^^
I might remove the "Redux" text as well... You really want Two_toNe there?

How about the Stoic Joker icon btw ;) Is it ok? I personally like the darken color.. but it's your Logo after all..

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2014, 05:53 PM »
well... the history in it is still the same... with my little addition at the end...

Hm... Looks like a wrapping issue then. I just poked through the source for my old build 95 to see where/what could have happened and IIRC that string was modified at compile time to read differently on the 32 and 64 bit builds. Since I can't even figure out where I hid the changes - That's probable the issue.

There isn't that much space actually.. so I'll either have to add scrollbars, shorten the text or leave it the way it is^^
I might remove the "Redux" text as well... You really want Two_toNe there?

Without Two_toNe's code the XP theme support would not have happened on my watch. So it's only fair that he be properly mentioned.

(Space) LOL ...You don't what to know how many time I had to resize and restructure the controls for those dialogs to get everything to fit. :)

The line was supposed to read... Shit ... I remember now! The text in the .rc file was only a design time filler for the dialog editor. It gets replaced when compiled with the text in the tclock.h file (relevant code is below).

For x64:
#define ABT_ME "T-Clock 2010 x64 is my rewrite of their code which allows it to run on Windows XP, Vista, && 7 x64 Editions. While I have removed some of T-Clock's previous functionality. I feel this makes it a more \"Administrator Friendly\" application as it no longer requires elevated privileges to run."

For x86:
#define ABT_ME "T-Clock 2010 is my rewrite of their code which allows it to run on Windows 7, Vista, XP, && 2000. While I have removed some of T-Clock's previous functionality. I feel this makes it a more \"Administrator Friendly\" application as it no longer requires elevated privileges to run."

My intention was to acknowledge the removal of Win 9x support - it had to go to get the x64 code to compile - and the addition of some touchups to smooth out Vista & 7 operation.

If you have to shorten it that's fine, the permissions reduction doesn't really stand out much these days (it's kind of required/assumed). So just cut me back to the x64 XP/Vista/7 and x86 Vista/7 compatibility, and save the rest of the space for own updates.

How about the Stoic Joker icon btw ;) Is it ok? I personally like the darken color.. but it's your Logo after all..

Sorry, I forgot to mention that earlier...it does look rather nice. Seriously, I might save a copy to use later if it's ok with you. TBH I actually received a few complaints about the old one being ugly as hell.

But at this point I think that spot would be better served with a copy of that White Tiger logo you have on the GitHub page. ;)

I do appreciate the acknowledgement, but it's your project now ... Go ahead and claim it. :D

Stoic Joker

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2014, 08:02 PM »
well I have no real logo :P And the one in the about screen now is just the one you use as an avatar here... I've screwed it up a little as I tried to get the background transparent... that's the result xD
It's not even as perfect as I'd like it to be...

The "code" you've posted doesn't mention "Two_toNe" at all... actually it's the same in my version... I've attached a screen how it "should" look like:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/792/20xr.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)

hmm... needed my own screen shot to see that "Two_toNe" is actually mentioned xD That's the part with T-Clock2^^

trlkly

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #548 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Everything you did seems to work. But I didn't notice an actual menu item for the alarm clock, neither in the options nor the default menu. Being able to use a click option is fine, but I think a menu item would be good, too. And a fold out menu listing all defined alarms--similar to the Timers menu--would be amazing.

Something I didn't mention before: It's not obvious how to create a new menu item in the "Menu Item Details" tab. It might be a good idea to add a "New Menu Item" button. I just now figure out that I have to start from the "Quicky Menu Items" tab.

Not trying to put a downer on all your work, BTW. It's pretty cool! I wouldn't have said anything, except you asked if I got everything I wanted.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #549 on: June 18, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I just want to say how great it is to see continued development and maintenance of t-clock.  :up: