topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005667 times)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Hm... Okay [SJ Fiddles with calendar for 10min] that's interesting. Actually it isn't failing to close on loose focus, it isn't actually gaining focus it to start with. Even if you click on the caption bar (to give it focus) it doesn't go/show as active (red exit button etc.). You actually have to click back and forth between calendar and desktop (or other app) to get the thing to go/show as active (red exit button etc.).  Damn peculiar behavior I must say.
Mine, thru all periods of behaving or misbehaving, retains the "active window" color in its top bar.  I do not know whether it "thinks" it is active or background, but it always displays the active window color even when behind the real active window.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04 PM »
I am running Win7x64 and my machine is a quite fast one (Core i7-860).

Quite faster than mine by a mile or so ... I'm running a (4 year old) 2.4Ghz E6600 (Same OS)

Maybe we pick at the missing class name a bit...

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2011, 06:01 PM »
@Babis - About the Not Blinking. I have a theory I'm working on, but wanted you to try something for confirmation. Set you clock text color to something (Um...) jarring Red, Green, yellow *Shrug* something loud guarantees contrast. Then re-run the blink test and let me know what it does.

Here's why. The clock should blink to white ... and I suspect it's trying to "blink" to the same white you have your text set too.

*Crossing Fingers* :)

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2011, 02:10 AM »
@Babis - About the Not Blinking. I have a theory I'm working on, but wanted you to try something for confirmation. Set you clock text color to something (Um...) jarring Red, Green, yellow *Shrug* something loud guarantees contrast. Then re-run the blink test and let me know what it does.

Hi Stoic Joker, this is working. I tried it with various colors and all are working except the white. I hope in the future you will make a custom blink color   8)

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2011, 06:30 AM »

Hi Stoic Joker, this is working. I tried it with various colors and all are working except the white. I hope in the future you will make a custom blink color   8)

I thought I did...(oops)...Guess I'll be needing to make it adjustable now. Thanks for helping me nail it down.

freaky44

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2011, 10:15 PM »
Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.

Same behavior here at Win7 x64.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.

Okay, now this part is (confirmably) broken. I'll see if I can figure out what happened tonight.

Correction ... After tracing through the code for an hour or so, I realized that I'd forgotten how to operate the damn thing (e.g. It's supposed to do that).

I Will Make a Proper Help File.

Ehm... :)

So... The Watch Window is actually only for Timers that have been selected to be Watched. Say you have several timers running at once, if they are all automatically added to the list, then it'll get rather busy quick...So The Watched Timers list is populated manually. This way you can have 10 timers running, but keep only X number of the currently really important ones available for quick access. Like so:
TimerWatchBugg.jpg

Even though there are 3 timers running, only 1 of them is on the (really "Important") Watch list.

The Timer Watch window is also designed to automatically close when the last watched timer expires. This is why the HotKey activation of the Watch window caused it to flash, as there was nothing on the "Watch List". However, clicking on a Timer in the Running Timers menu automatically adds it to the Watched Timers list...Which is why the window would/will then stay open.

This behavior can be demonstrated by adding a Timer to the Watch List, closing the Watch window, and then pressing the HotKey.

So... (perhaps unfortunately) it was designed to do that. ...Mind you I am on-the-market for better ideas...So feel free to suggest anything. :)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Don't forget the calendar window close on lose focus issue...not as sexy as the timer thing, I know.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11 PM »
It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?

---------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what config, it's present with all of them (and the delay was already there in build 90). I am running Win7x64 and my machine is a quite fast one (Core i7-860).

---------------------------------------------------------

I checked with Sysinternals ProcessMonitor for errors but the only item was a
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CTF\KnownClasses"  --> "Name not found"
which doesn't sound like a real problem.

Quite faster than mine by a mile or so ... I'm running a (4 year old) 2.4Ghz E6600 (Same OS)

Maybe we pick at the missing class name a bit...

Note: I took the liberty of stitching some of xcopy's posts together to clarify what the issue is...So folks don't have to jump around trying to figure out what the hell we're talking about. ;)

Well, I took a peak at the calendar with ProcessMonitor on mine (also Win7 x64 - which pops open instantly), and I too have the same unknown KnownClasses reference. So I gotta guess that is probably a normal part of the control's backward compatibility stuff. There really is nothing to the Calendar; it's a standard Windows Common Control in a basic, plain window. So the lag is really quite confusing.

It is possible that something else is also hooking into the shell at the same point, but I would think that more of the clock would be lagging then ... Or is it?

If T-Clock is closed, does the default Win7 calendar pop up quickly?

If anyone else is also experiencing this Slow Calendar issue (on any OS), do please chime in.

Don't forget the calendar window close on lose focus issue...not as sexy as the timer thing, I know.

I'm getting there. It's on the list ... I'm just bouncing around a bit trying to make sure there aren't any tip-of-the-iceberg type issues. ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:18 PM by Stoic Joker »

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2011, 10:28 AM »
It is possible that something else is also hooking into the shell at the same point, but I would think that more of the clock would be lagging then ... Or is it?
No, nothing else lagging on my system. If another app hooked into the shell that would surely affect the native windows clock also, which brings me to

Here's a comparison video of T-Clock vs. Windows clock. Since I couldn't visualize the moment of the mouse click I tried to show that with moving of the mouse cursor hectically :)
http://screencast.com/t/hejixsGx

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Oooooooo....that my computer worked that fast!

But there is a difference that is noticeable.  Still, your T-Clock opening is just 1/4 smidgen longer than mine, on a 3-yr old, 2.2 GHz core2duo Vista, bogged with TONS of programs and a history of tons of uninstalled programs.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2011, 11:55 AM »
No, nothing else lagging on my system. If another app hooked into the shell that would surely affect the native windows clock also

Not necessarily... Ever hear the expression two is company, three is a crowd? ...Shell hooking is/can be a lot like that (not everybody exits with CallNextHook(...)).

which brings me to

By more of the clock I meant other parts of T-Clock itself (Properties dialog, Stopwatch, Timers, etc.). - I was not implying a system level issue - Are all of T-Clock's responses a tad slow, or just the calendar's?

Here's a comparison video of T-Clock vs. Windows clock. Since I couldn't visualize the moment of the mouse click I tried to show that with moving of the mouse cursor hectically :)
http://screencast.com/t/hejixsGx

Hectic works (rather clever actually), but the speed of the calendar windows opening (viewed by itself) doesn't really strike me as that odd. However, compared to the default windows calendar it is perceivably slower. It could be a code optimization issue, perhaps...

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2011, 01:25 PM »
but the speed of the calendar windows opening (viewed by itself) doesn't really strike me as that odd.
That's why I thought it was a feature that was configurable  ;)
Don't spend too much time on it, it's not really a problem but just a thing I noticed.

hank55

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2011, 09:06 AM »
Hi, greetings from Czechia.

I´ve just upgraded to Win 7 64b and installed your T-Clock.

2 questions:
1. I´d like to change a systray background colour under the date&time digits.
2. My systray is aligned in 2 lines. How can I make T-Clock to  show date and time in separate lines?

Thx a lot for your adv.

hank55

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2011, 10:16 AM »
2. My systray is aligned in 2 lines. How can I make T-Clock to  show date and time in separate lines?

hi hank55,
I dont know about #1.
I presume #2 is same as older systems -

Right-click T-Clock -> T-Clock properties:
TimeFormat tab -> Advanced Custom Clock Configurations:
Tick the Custom Format box - add time as apporpriate e.g. mine has the following:
  yyyy/mm/dd  \nhh:nn:ss

the back-slash "\" causes it to go to the next line
it's a while since I set it up - I had to experiment with spaces around the date in order to centre it

The various date options (yy mm dd etc etc) are in the help file (in the main T-Clock folder)
HTH
Tom

hank55

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2011, 11:21 AM »
tomos: Yes, it works.  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29 PM »
@tomos - Thanks for the assist. :)

I´d like to change a systray background colour under the date&time digits.

With the default (themes in XP and) transparency in Vista & 7 the clock background color feature really didn't work that well anymore, which is why it was pulled. I have had a few requests for it's return, but am honestly not sure if it can be done (properly). It is something I plan to explore at some point, but can't specify when as it is not a high priority.

hank55

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2011, 03:55 AM »
Stoic Joker: No problem, in the meantime I´ll train my patience  ;) . Thx a lot for that useful gadget.

AMMA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16 AM »
@tomos - Thanks for the assist. :)

I´d like to change a systray background colour under the date&time digits.

With the default (themes in XP and) transparency in Vista & 7 the clock background color feature really didn't work that well anymore, which is why it was pulled. I have had a few requests for it's return, but am honestly not sure if it can be done (properly). It is something I plan to explore at some point, but can't specify when as it is not a high priority.
What about us who use the classic theme on windows 7, background should work fine.
The only problem i found with other alternatives, is when explorer crash the clock doesn't run so i have to kill the task and run it again.
I just tried tclock2(that i found on your site), and explorer crash problem is solved, and the background option exist and work fine, so i will use tclock2 for now because background color is very essential for me, and i hope you could return this option back(and keep it disabled by default).
Thank you

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2011, 06:53 AM »
What about us who use the classic theme on windows 7, background should work fine.

Actually, I'd forgotten that group existed - Even though I'm fighting to maintain Win 2000 compatibility (Doh!) -  (you win) I'll put it on the to-do list :)

AMMA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Actually, I'd forgotten that group existed - Even though I'm fighting to maintain Win 2000 compatibility (Doh!) -  (you win) I'll put it on the to-do list :)
Glad to know this.
Few more suggestion if you would like to consider to add/fix to your latest build
- Local option doesn't work for non english languages, while it was working fine in old versions.
- Timer options from old versions is much better, i wish you could return the options as in TClock Lite version by Kazuto Soto.
Thanks

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2011, 08:28 AM »
- Local option doesn't work for non english languages, while it was working fine in old versions.
Can you expand on this a bit, and give an example of what output should but isn't working.

- Timer options from old versions is much better, i wish you could return the options as in TClock Lite version by Kazuto Soto.

That's actually a different code branch, but I can look into it.

AMMA

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Can you expand on this a bit, and give an example of what output should but isn't working.
Ok, here what appear for some different languages in older version:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5183/engr.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Eng
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9900/jpnj.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Japanese
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3653/62340646.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Arabic
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/9218/greece.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Greece

And your version only show english locale(ie. the first one) no matter what other locale i set!

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2011, 05:43 PM »
@Stoic Joker

I know it was asked before but, is there going to be a portable version of T-Clock?

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2011, 06:36 PM »
I know it was asked before but, is there going to be a portable version of T-Clock?

I recall it being asked before also, I just can't remember the who & where. Ironically it was started on in the origional source ... but I pulled it all out during the cleaning phase of the project (It's due for another one now I think).

I'm not adverse to doing it. I've even found times when it would have been handy. I just gotta get the time to do it (it is and has been on the project's to-do list for some time).