topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005792 times)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (download)
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2011, 03:21 PM »
While a proper help file is still in the "Planning Stage"... The currently available Custom Format option are listed in the T-Clock Help.rtf file that was included in the download.

Ah, yes there it is.  I did look for help, but in the interface menu and in Properties.
I will be using m/d, h:mm
'cause I like it to be as narrow as possible.  If you get A and P as options, I will put that in, but usually I know if it is light outside or not!

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50 PM »
usually I know if it is light outside or not!

LOL - Good point, but not all of us rate an office with a window...  :D

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2011, 10:34 AM »

Ah, another suggestion...left click on it pop up a small calendar.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Ah, another suggestion...left click on it pop up a small calendar.

Configurable mouse click options are on T-Clock Properties->Mouse Tab (Calendar option is among them) :)

I usually use copy custom timestamp to clipboard for single left click, and then pop the calendar with a double left click, but that's (why it's configurable) up to you.

In the currently available build the middle button actions are broken, but that will be fixed in the next release build.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Configurable mouse click options are on T-Clock Properties->Mouse Tab (Calendar option is among them) :) I usually use copy custom timestamp to clipboard for single left click, and then pop the calendar with a double left click, but that's (why it's configurable) up to you.  In the currently available build the middle button actions are broken, but that will be fixed in the next release build.

I just can't get ahead of you, can I?   ;D

Ok, then...how about a click anywhere else closes calendar!

So there!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:59 PM by movrshakr »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Sorry man, I know you're gonna hate me for this but...
Ok, then...how about a click anywhere else closes calendar!

T-Clock Properties->Miscellaneous Tab: Close calendar on loose focus - does that.

:-\ Wait-a-minute, that maybe (i'm not sure) one of the new in development build options ...(it's available in the copy I have here at work - But it's build 95)... So (you might sort of have me).. How about I split this one with Ya. ;)

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I have build 90.  It -IS- in there.  So, you don't have to split it with me...you already have it covered.

This utility is just amazing.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2011, 05:30 AM »
That is rather odd. There were some Fuzzy Font issues awhile back, which is why I added the Quality option to the Clock Text tab. But the fuzzy part was found to be directly related to the wallpaper bleeding through a transparent Taskbar) pretty much an all-or-none set & forget type of issue, not a per font adjustment. Your black background clearing font appearance test also tracks with this (I've got scheenshots earlier in the thread from running much the same test)

In both of your screenshots the quality setting is on ClearType (XP), what happens if you set it to AntiAliased (Win7), without the black border?

Hopefully I'll have time to run some tests this evening to see (if/)how well I can replicate this.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29 AM »
Zoiks! ...That looks like hell. It's gotta be something to do with the font as that is definitely not the clock's normal behavior ... I'll have to play with a bit to see if I can figure out what is happening.

Thanks.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2011, 10:25 PM »
This happens only with Segoe fonts. Others like Tahoma or Verdana don't have this problem.

After looking into this, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the Segoe fonts are simply incompatable. The purpose of the font quality option selection was to resolve the fuzzy font issues that were caused by differences between Windows versions...(No single option remained clear from Win2k - 7)...Which it did for the most part, allowing each OS to get its own "best" setting. Unfortunately there aren't any other options for rendering fonts available.

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2011, 05:28 AM »
Hi. I migrated to tclock from tclock light, after  I changed from XP to 7.

Although it is fully featured I have a couple of questions:

- Each time I launch a new timer, I have to re-enter the wav file, to check the Repeat/Blink checkboxes and the minutes to start count down always set to 10. Is there a way to remember the previous timer's settings? So when I press the hotkey there will be 3 minutes, 30 seconds, the alarm wav file selected and both check boxes checked?

- Tclock properties> time format>custom format: it does not accept the dash / key as a day separator, though it accepts \   Is this normal behavior?

Thanks & congrats for the app.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55 AM »
- Each time I launch a new timer, I have to re-enter the wav file, to check the Repeat/Blink checkboxes and the minutes to start count down always set to 10. Is there a way to remember the previous timer's settings? So when I press the hotkey there will be 3 minutes, 30 seconds, the alarm wav file selected and both check boxes checked?

That is most peculiar as it is supposed to be saving any configured timer until the Delete Timer X button next to the configured timers drop down menu is clicked. Other wise all timer configuration should be stored in the registry under:
HKCU\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Timers\TimerX [X being the timer number]

Scrolling through the configured timers dropdown menu should automatically display the options selected for that timer. Can you confirm that the timer config is getting stored in that registry location when a timer is started?

- Tclock properties> time format>custom format: it does not accept the dash / key as a day separator, though it accepts \   Is this normal behavior?

It should accept any character you put in, unless the character is one of the format specifiers. In which case you need to encase it in "quotes" to ge it to display as-is. Note: \n is a line break. Can you post the string you are trying to use?

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reply.

It should accept any character you put in, unless the character is one of the format specifiers. In which case you need to encase it in "quotes" to ge it to display as-is. Note: \n is a line break. Can you post the string you are trying to use?

The string is:
dd/mm - hh:nn

And at the taskbar it looks like this:  
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6070/snap1.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)

That is most peculiar as it is supposed to be saving any configured timer until the Delete Timer X button next to the configured timers drop down menu is clicked. Other wise all timer configuration should be stored in the registry under:
HKCU\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Timers\TimerX [X being the timer number]

Scrolling through the configured timers dropdown menu should automatically display the options selected for that timer. Can you confirm that the timer config is getting stored in that registry location when a timer is started?

Nice, I can confirm confirm. I edited it through registry and now it "remembers" the settings.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6646/snap2.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)

Is it possible that the countdown timer instead of its own window, is shown next to the clock in the sys tray? Or to have the default option when I start the timer the window to show by default? Because now it shows only on demand.

Also what it is supposed to blink? As I do not see any blink.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:47 AM by Babis »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2011, 09:20 AM »

The string is:

T-Clock 2010 (download)

Hm... (Sadly, I had to go read the help file...(memory going)) The system default regional settings formatting superceeds (/is used by) the T-Clock format specifiers. If you close T-Clock, does the Window's clock display dd/mm or dd-mm? If you put the slashes in quotes (dd"/"mm) does it display correctly (as you want it to)?

Nice, I can confirm confirm. I edited it through registry and now it "remembers" the settings.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6646/snap2.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)

Before you edited the registry, was the info garbled, or missing? What regional & language settings are you using? I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce this behavior.

Is it possible that the countdown timer instead of its own window, is shown next to the clock in the sys tray? Or to have the default option when I start the timer the window to show by default? Because now it shows only on demand.
IIRC there was something like that requested before, but I haven't had time to address it yet. But yes, the default timer behavior is a bit coy/odd/annoying...and something I've been meaning to address at some point.

Clock text gets flashes bright, dim, bright, dim (it can be a bit subtle with certain color combinations).

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2011, 03:29 AM »
Stoic Joker, thanks for taking the time to write such detailed reply.

I will revert on Monday as at home I am still with XP and I need to access my work's PC.

However I am certain that I do not see any blink at the end of the countdown and I use the default color in the taskbar.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Okay build 95 is now available. Explination for the new (.pcb) files is in the help file, but I thought I add it here also:
How to Use the PC Beep (.pcb) Sound Files - For Those Without Sound Cards

For those that do not have sound T-Clock 2010 includes the option to use .pcb files to play a series of tones through the PC’s system speaker. The .pcb files are in a plain text format, and have a straight forward (duration, frequency) simple syntax. So they can be created or edited with any plain text editor (like Notepad).

There is one demo.pcb file included in the Waves directory. Set “Files of type” to “All (*.*)” to select it. Content of the file with line by line explanation is below:

100, 400   Creates 100ms long 400Hz tone.
100, -1      100ms Pause between tones.
100, 500    Creates 100ms long 500Hz tone.
100, 600    Creates 100ms long 600Hz tone.
100, 500    Creates 100ms long 500Hz tone.
100, 400    Creates 100ms long 400Hz tone.
500, -1      500ms Pause at end of file for smoother looping.

The first number (duration) is in milliseconds. It controls how long the tone or pause will be.

The second number (frequency) is in hertz, and controls the pitch of the tone being played. Valid values are from 37 to 32767.

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Nice!

Thanks much for the A, P, a, p !  I have it on mine right now!
m/dd, h:nntt

Here is a real non critical one that just hit me...think about being able to open the help file from either the rt click menu or from inside properties (a Help tab or a link inside About?)  or it could be a link to the file as a page on your site.

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2011, 04:47 PM »
It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06 AM »

The string is:

T-Clock 2010 (download)

Hm... (Sadly, I had to go read the help file...(memory going)) The system default regional settings formatting superceeds (/is used by) the T-Clock format specifiers. If you close T-Clock, does the Window's clock display dd/mm or dd-mm? If you put the slashes in quotes (dd"/"mm) does it display correctly (as you want it to)?

Yes this does the trick and displays it as I want it to. Thanks.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/109/snap1ii.png
T-Clock 2010 (download)

Clock text gets flashes bright, dim, bright, dim (it can be a bit subtle with certain color combinations).

Unfortunately even with the new build, I cannot make it to blink.
- I launch the new time through the keyboard shortcut
- I check the blink check-box
- When the timer ends there is only sound and not blink
I recorded all the above at a video, only 30 seconds long, which I hope you will take the time to watch.

Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.  You can see all that at the following video.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Here is a real non critical one that just hit me...think about being able to open the help file from either the rt click menu or from inside properties (a Help tab or a link inside About?)  or it could be a link to the file as a page on your site.

Good one - With the number of features the clock now has, I'm starting to loose track of what all it does (and how). So I do believe it time to make a proper help file/system a priority.

It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?

Delay? There's not supposed to be one...  :huh: ...Which calendar config are you using (1, 3, or 12 month), all should be fairly instant. Let me know how you're configured (and on what OS etc.) and I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior.

If anyone else is also experiencing this behavior, do please chime in.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Unfortunately even with the new build, I cannot make it to blink.
- I launch the new time through the keyboard shortcut
- I check the blink check-box
- When the timer ends there is only sound and not blink
I recorded all the above at a video, only 30 seconds long, which I hope you will take the time to watch.

Can you send me/post a copy of your registry settings I can use to try and reproduce this behavior?

Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.

Okay, now this part is (confirmably) broken. I'll see if I can figure out what happened tonight.

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2011, 07:40 AM »
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\T-Clock 2010 (build 90 - Release to DC)\\x64"
"AlarmNum"=dword:00000000
"Jihou"=dword:00000000
"JihouFile"=""
"JihouRepeat"=dword:00000000
"JihouBlink"=dword:00000000
"DropFiles"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Calendar]
"CloseCalendar"=dword:00000000
"ShowWeekNums"=dword:00000001
"CalendarTopMost"=dword:00000000
"ViewMonths"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Clock]
"Font"="Mangal"
"ForeColor"=dword:00ffffff
"FontSize"=dword:0000000b
"Bold"=dword:00000001
"Italic"=dword:00000000
"FontQuality"=dword:00000004
"ClockHeight"=dword:00000000
"ClockWidth"=dword:00000000
"LineHeight"=dword:00000000
"VertPos"=dword:00000003
"HorizPos"=dword:00000000
"FontRotateDirection"="None"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Desktop]
"Transparent2kIconText"=dword:00000000
"MonOffOnLock"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Format]
"Format"="dd\"/\"mm - hh:nn"
"Locale"=dword:00000409
"Year4"=dword:00000000
"Year"=dword:00000001
"Month"=dword:00000001
"MonthS"=dword:00000000
"Day"=dword:00000001
"Weekday"=dword:00000000
"Hour"=dword:00000001
"Minute"=dword:00000001
"Second"=dword:00000000
"Kaigyo"=dword:00000001
"InternetTime"=dword:00000000
"AMPM"=dword:00000000
"Hour12"=dword:00000000
"Custom"=dword:00000001
"AMsymbol"="AM"
"PMsymbol"="PM"
"HourZero"=dword:00000000
"CustomFormat"="dd\"/\"mm - hh:nn"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK0]
"bValid"=dword:00000001
"fsMod"=dword:00000003
"vk"=dword:00000054
"szText"="Ctrl + Alt + T"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK1]
"fsMod"=dword:00000007
"vk"=dword:00000054
"szText"="Ctrl + Shift + Alt + T"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK2]
"fsMod"=dword:00000003
"vk"=dword:0000004f
"szText"="Ctrl + Alt + O"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK3]
"bValid"=dword:00000000
"fsMod"=dword:00000000
"vk"=dword:00000000
"szText"="None"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK4]
"szText"="None"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\HotKeys\HK5]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Mouse]
"DropFiles"=dword:00000002
"DropFilesApp"=""
"01"=dword:00000007

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\QuickyMenu]
"DisplayProperties"=dword:00000000
"AudioProperties"=dword:00000000
"NetworkDrives"=dword:00000000
"ExitWindows"=dword:00000000
"QuickyMenu"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Taskbar]
"AlphaTaskbar"=dword:00000000
"ClearTaskbar"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Timers]
"NumberOfTimers"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Timers\Timer1]
"Name"="New Timer"
"ID"=dword:00000001
"Seconds"=dword:0000001e
"Minutes"=dword:00000000
"Hours"=dword:00000000
"Days"=dword:00000000
"File"="C:\\Program Files\\T-Clock 2010 (build 90 - Release to DC)\\Waves\\Cuckoo.wav"
"Repeat"=dword:00000000
"Blink"=dword:00000001
"Active"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Timers\Timer2]
"Name"=""
"File"="C:\\Program Files\\T-Clock 2010 (build 90 - Release to DC)\\Waves\\Cuckoo.wav"
"ID"=dword:00000000
"Seconds"=dword:00000000
"Minutes"=dword:0000001e
"Hours"=dword:00000000
"Days"=dword:00000000
"Repeat"=dword:00000000
"Blink"=dword:00000000
"Active"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\Tooltip]
"Tooltip"="\"T-Clock\" LDATE"

movrshakr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2011, 08:07 AM »
Dang, typed one and it is not here...must not have hit save.

Set to show 1-mo calendar on left click and keep it on top and close on lose focus
open cal
click in open app
cal closes (correct)
open cal
click in open app
app gains focus, cal stays open behind (oops)
close cal with x corner
open cal
click in open app
cal closes (correct)

It just alternates between closing right and just losing focus.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:28 AM by movrshakr »

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51 AM »
Delay? There's not supposed to be one...  :huh: ...Which calendar config are you using (1, 3, or 12 month), all should be fairly instant. Let me know how you're configured (and on what OS etc.) and I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior.

Id doesn't matter what config, it's present with all of them (and the delay was already there in build 90). I am running Win7x64 and my machine is a quite fast one (Core i7-860).

I checked with Sysinternals ProcessMonitor for errors but the only item was a
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CTF\KnownClasses"  --> "Name not found"
which doesn't sound like a real problem.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Dang, typed one and it is not here...must not have hit save.

Set to show 1-mo calendar on left click and keep it on top and close on lose focus
open cal
click in open app
cal closes (correct)
open cal
click in open app
app gains focus, cal stays open behind (oops)
close cal with x corner
open cal
click in open app
cal closes (correct)

It just alternates between closing right and just losing focus.

Hm... Okay [SJ Fiddles with calendar for 10min] that's interesting. Actually it isn't failing to close on loose focus, it isn't actually gaining focus it to start with. Even if you click on the caption bar (to give it focus) it doesn't go/show as active (red exit button etc.). You actually have to click back and forth between calendar and desktop (or other app) to get the thing to go/show as active (red exit button etc.).  Damn peculiar behavior I must say.