topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: T-Clock 2010 (download)  (Read 1005645 times)

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock 2010 (beta - download)
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I have installed the beta 6, and have noticed the following.

The properties dialog doesn't appear on screen - but it is in the window list. It looks like it is appearing to the right of the taskbar - however as my taskbar is on the right of the screen this places it off screen.
Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate this behavior. I moved my Taskbar to the right side of the screen, selected T-Clock properties and it popped up to the left of the Taskbar as expected. I tried this on both the left & right monitor of a dual monitor (Win7 x64) rig and on a WinXP single monitor rig. Do you perhaps have another desktop customizing app that in bay be confused by/conflicting with?
-Stoic Joker (May 14, 2010, 06:44 PM)
Windows 7 Home Pro x64 (UK) Single mointor (2560x1600) 144 DPI (150%), No extra apps. Sometimes it will show just the left border of the dialog on the right of the screen. The high DPI setting throws a lot of apps off, so a likely suspect.

Alarm sounds tend to be short - often so short as to be easily missed. It would be useful to specify the number of occurrences - so that the bell could ring say 6 times at 6 pm.

Ring 6 times at 6:00pm - You mean for the hourly chime? The plain alarms have the repeat option which will loop the sound file until dismissed. Also for alarms, you can throw any sound file at it .wav, .mdi, .mp3 ... The sounds that come with are just handy examples to play with (Okay, granted I love the ClockChimes.wav - But it isn't mandatory... ;) ).

Now the 6 rings @ 6 Hourly Chime thing I like, I'd actually been toying with trying that ... So it looks like I will be now.
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Actually I was thinking of alarms, not hourly chimes. The standard samples, and a lot of other suitable sounds, are so short as to be easily missed, but I don't want the alarm to repeat until cancelled.
Hm... Let me Mull that one over a bit - I got see how many worms come flying outa the can when I open it before comitting... ;)

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2010, 08:16 AM »
I changed my DPI setting to 100% (96 DPI) an the problem didn't occur, but strangely when I set it back to 150% it didn't recur until I restarted explorer - although normally it occurs all the time.

I have noticed a new problem. When the taskbar is set as transparent there are minor redraw artefacts. When I mouse over an Icon in a toolbar and move the mouse away there is a faint grey square round the icon. Also when a tooltip disappears there is a faint line round where it was, and when the transparency is changed the separator used between toolbars suffers a similar problem.
A screen shot would explain this much better - however the effect isn't seen in the screen shot - which also doesn't show the transparency at all.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2010, 02:29 PM »
I changed my DPI setting to 100% (96 DPI) an the problem didn't occur, but strangely when I set it back to 150% it didn't recur until I restarted explorer - although normally it occurs all the time.
I do most of my testing With a Virtual PC running WindowsXP (Which makes for safer crashing) I set it to 150DPI, and discovered much of the T-Clock interface looks like crap that way. Are you seeing that also? But the Properties Dialog positioning remains (on screen) correct. Damn peculiar it is.

I have noticed a new problem. When the taskbar is set as transparent there are minor redraw artefacts. When I mouse over an Icon in a toolbar and move the mouse away there is a faint grey square round the icon. Also when a tooltip disappears there is a faint line round where it was, and when the transparency is changed the separator used between toolbars suffers a similar problem.
A screen shot would explain this much better - however the effect isn't seen in the screen shot - which also doesn't show the transparency at all.
That almost sounds like a driver issue - Vista had problems with stalling clock output (and etc...) when it was first released, but after a few MS updates the problem went away...Which is why I never looked into it. What OS and hardware configuration are you running?

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2010, 05:01 AM »
I do most of my testing With a Virtual PC running WindowsXP (Which makes for safer crashing) I set it to 150DPI, and discovered much of the T-Clock interface looks like crap that way. Are you seeing that also? But the Properties Dialog positioning remains (on screen) correct. Damn peculiar it is.
-Stoic Joker (May 16, 2010, 02:29 PM)
A lot of programs do look bad at high DPI settings but T-Clock looks fine. On the Windows 7 custom DPI dialog there is a checkbox for "Use XP style DPI settings" which in my case is unticked.

That almost sounds like a driver issue - Vista had problems with stalling clock output (and etc...) when it was first released, but after a few MS updates the problem went away...Which is why I never looked into it. What OS and hardware configuration are you running?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/17/2010, 08:33:38
       Machine name: WOL-001
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
          Page File: 3028MB used, 9256MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_604619DA&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 3311 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
      Shared Memory: 2815 MB
       Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Dell 3007WFP
      Monitor Model: DELL3007WFPHC
         Monitor Id: DEL4016
        Native Mode: unknown
        Output Type: DVI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9745 (English)
     Driver Version: 8.17.11.9745
        DDI Version: 10
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 4/3/2010 23:55:31, 11906664 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4500-11CF-7B5C-4D401FC2C535}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x0640
          SubSys ID: 0x604619DA
        Revision ID: 0x00A1
        Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
       D3D9 Overlay: Supported
            DXVA-HD: Supported
       DDraw Status: Enabled
         D3D Status: Enabled
         AGP Status: Enabled

Miaz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2010, 03:52 AM »
Hi Stoic Joker
Thank you for your mail. T-Clock 2010 Beta is in use. It works great (here XP - tomorrow I will test Windows 7)
No problem to include the week number for Locale "Germany" in Advanced Clock Configuration Options with Format:
ddd, dd/mm/yy hh:nn:ss "KW"Wm
Very good.

Is there, as explained, a possibility to add the week number Wm in first coloumn of the Calendar???
It would be great.
I think, after having read the forum, a lot of people would appreciate this feature.
(Personlly, I need Wm - but probably other people would prefer Ws or Ww)

Thanks and good luck!
Miaz

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:55 AM by Miaz »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Is there, as explained, a possibility to add the week number Wm in first coloumn of the Calendar???
It would be great.

Hm... Well, the Calendar is on my To-Do list of things that need "help", so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I get to it.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Okay so in an attempt to get this thing back "on-track" There is now available a new build that has fixes for the Alarm Tab's crashing and other ill behavior.

I vaguely remember fiddling with some other stuff while romping through the weeds with this ]Expletive[ Time Sync fiasco. So some other stuff may (or may not) be changed/fixed/broken/updated/different ... I honestly do not recall.

Regarding the time Sync
  After a truly insane amount of digging, testing, futzing, swearing, & screaming (bad stoic...) I have officially come to the conclusion that the time synchronization option is impossible to do without running the program with administrative rights. Which is to say that from here on-out,  Time Synchronization is not (nor will ever be) Officially supported in T-Clock.

That being said... UnOfficially, if anyone wants to (fully of their own accord) run the damn clock with administrative (which I strongly disapprove of) rights. There is a (completely undocumented...) command line option /SyncOpt that will open the following dialog:
T-Clock 2010 (Sync Options).jpg

This is to be construed as an EasterEgg it will only be documented here, in this post, and shall never be officially mentioned in any documentation again. While all of the functions work, some require manual interaction (SNTP.log creation/permissions) - And never open the EE Time Sync Options Dialog and the Properties Dialog at the same time - It will crash. Beyond that it all works Hot keyed Time Syc with sound, message, & logging.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:58 PM by Stoic Joker »

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56 AM »
I have downloaded the 0.7 release.

I still get a crash in x64 by going to the alarm tab and closing the dialog.

The dialog still appears off screen.

The about page doesn't give the version no, or date.

I wanted to check I was running the new version so I tried the SyncOpt - this dialog also appears off screen, I also get an error saying "can't open SNTP.log"

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2010, 05:55 PM »

If you could export the T-Clock config from the registry and either post it or send it to me, it will be easier for me to resolve - If I can duplicate the crash.

The dialog still appears off screen.
That has to be an issue/conflict with the high DPI setting (which you mentioned many other apps exibited). I not really sure when/if I'll be able to resolve that one.

That's true, mainly because I've already got 4 places I have to manually update the build number (version tab of properties dialog) and I didn't want to add a fith that I knew I'd forget.

I wanted to check I was running the new version so I tried the SyncOpt - this dialog also appears off screen, I also get an error saying "can't open SNTP.log"

...Which is why I mentioned in the post right above us that it needed to be manually created.
some require manual interaction (SNTP.log creation/permissions)
-Me Above
- EasterEggs (by design) are supposed to require a bit of tinkering. - That's why they're not to be considered supported "features". :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:59 PM by Stoic Joker »

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2010, 08:58 AM »

If you could export the T-Clock config from the registry and either post it or send it to me, it will be easier for me to resolve - If I can duplicate the crash.
-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2010, 05:55 PM)
Reg export for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's attached, also I don't see the same problem in my x86 machine.

That's true, mainly because I've already got 4 places I have to manually update the build number (version tab of properties dialog) and I didn't want to add a fith that I knew I'd forget.
The best solution to that is for the app to read the information, put in by the build chain, from the exe.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2010, 07:09 PM »

-Stoic Joker (May 26, 2010, 05:55 PM)
Reg export for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's attached, also I don't see the same problem in my x86 machine.
Well, that was an elusive little bastard ... Apparently it rather picky about what it crashes. Server 2k3 x64 had zero problems with it - but my Win 7 x64 box did finally crash (the shell) when I exited the dialog.

So... (Few carefully placed whacks with a Hammer and...) it appears to be behaving now.

That's true, mainly because I've already got 4 places I have to manually update the build number (version tab of properties dialog) and I didn't want to add a fifth that I knew I'd forget.
The best solution to that is for the app to read the information, put in by the build chain, from the exe.

:huh: Does that suggestion come with a map? I've seen the auto increment the build number option in/for C# projects - But this is written in pure (Win32 API) C using MSVS2005 - Which doesn't seem to automatically do much of anything.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:12 PM by Stoic Joker »

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Hm... Let me Mull that one over a bit - I got see how many worms come flying outa the can when I open it before comitting... ;)
-Stoic Joker (May 15, 2010, 03:13 PM)

Okay, You win ... Alarms can now Chime the Hour.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2010, 02:04 AM »
... Alarms can now Chime the Hour.
-Stoic Joker (May 27, 2010, 09:59 PM)

that sound like fun  ;-)
:D
Tom

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2010, 09:14 AM »
I have tested 7.2

The alarm crash has gone.

Is this the map you are looking for?
http://msdn.microsof...ms647003(VS.85).aspx
Versions 7 and 7.2 have the same version no in the file (2.0.1.111).
I have a vague memory of VS2005 having an auto build no option somewhere - presumably in the linker options section.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2010, 05:57 PM »
I have tested 7.2

The alarm crash has gone.
Hooray!

I have a vague memory of VS2005 having an auto build no option somewhere - presumably in the linker options section.

Um, no. That function is used to pull the version info from a compiled binary for version validation. It actually is already being used in/by T-Clock to verify that the correct .dll version is being used. Here's the actual code:
Code: C++ [Select]
  1. //================================================================================================  
  2. //----------------------------//--------+++--> Verify the Correct Version of tClock.dll is Present:
  3. BOOL CheckDLL(char *fname) { //-----------------------------{ 2.0.1.52 }--------------------+++-->
  4.         DWORD size;
  5.         char *pBlock;
  6.         char szVersion[32] = {0};
  7.         VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *pffi;
  8.         BOOL br = FALSE;
  10.         size = GetFileVersionInfoSize(fname, 0);
  11.         if(size > 0) {
  12.                 pBlock = malloc(size);
  13.                 if(GetFileVersionInfo(fname, 0, size, pBlock)) {
  14.                         UINT tmp;
  15.                         if(VerQueryValue(pBlock, "\\\0", &pffi, &tmp)) {
  16.                                 if(HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS) == 2 &&
  17.                                    LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS) == 0 &&
  18.                                    HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS) == 1 &&
  19.                                    LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS) == 111) {
  20.                                         br = TRUE; //--+++--> Correct tClock.dll File Version Found!
  21.                                 }else{
  22.                                         wsprintf(szVersion, "Version: %d.%d.%d.%d",
  23.                                                 HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS),
  24.                                                 LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionMS),
  25.                                                 HIWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS),
  26.                                                 LOWORD(pffi->dwFileVersionLS));
  27.                                 }
  28.                         }
  29.                 }
  30.                 free(pBlock);
  31.         }
  32.         if(!br) {
  33.                 char msg[MAX_PATH+30];
  34.                 strcpy(msg, "Invalid file version: ");
  35.                 get_title(msg + strlen(msg), fname);
  36.                 MyMessageBox(NULL, msg,
  37.                         szVersion, MB_OK, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
  38.         }
  39.   return br;
  40. }

But that won't help with automagically updating the build number at compiletime. I thought perhaps you knew of a compiler option or script that would auto update the code during the build process for the older project types - C# projects will happily increment the build number - But this ain't C#

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2010, 06:41 AM »

Um, no. That function is used to pull the version info from a compiled binary for version validation. It actually is already being used in/by T-Clock to verify that the correct .dll version is being used.

But that won't help with automagically updating the build number at compiletime. I thought perhaps you knew of a compiler option or script that would auto update the code during the build process for the older project types - C# projects will happily increment the build number - But this ain't C#
-Stoic Joker (May 28, 2010, 05:57 PM)
What about these?
http://www.flounder....ng_build_numbers.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237870
http://www.codeproje...ion.aspx#xx1406378xx
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:43 AM by sagji »

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2010, 07:25 AM »

I was only using striking the hour as an example, so would prefer something more flexible - such as a simple numeric.
Also when the alarm is specified using the 24 hour clock then at 6 pm it strikes 18 times not 6.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2010, 07:34 AM »
I just want to say thank you once again for continued work on t-clock -- it's something i couldn't do without.  :up:

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2010, 10:21 PM »

I was only using striking the hour as an example,
Crap... (Didn't see that one coming.)

so would prefer something more flexible - such as a simple numeric.
-sagji
Okay, added that - Current Alarm (sound) Options Now:
 Ring once.
 Ring X Times.
 Ring/Chime the Current Hour.

Also when the alarm is specified using the 24 hour clock then at 6 pm it strikes 18 times not 6.
-sagji
I'm not really sure that needs fixed.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Hi Stoic Joker
Thank you for your mail. T-Clock 2010 Beta is in use. It works great (here XP - tomorrow I will test Windows 7)
No problem to include the week number for Locale "Germany" in Advanced Clock Configuration Options with Format:
ddd, dd/mm/yy hh:nn:ss "KW"Wm
Very good.

It would be great.
I think, after having read the forum, a lot of people would appreciate this feature.
(Personlly, I need Wm - but probably other people would prefer Ws or Ww)

Thanks and good luck!
Miaz

It appears that the week number is a built-in option of the calendar control. So adding it - or rather the option to toggle it shouldn't be difficult (...wonder if I just Jinxed myself?). The only issue being that in using the built-in option, I have no control over which week number format it uses. Hopefully that is/will be controlled by the regional settings (Mine seems to default to Ws).

Just to be sure we're on the same page (so I don't miss again...), is this what you're looking for?:
Calendar Week Numbers.jpg

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2010, 11:56 PM »
Okay, Added Display (ISO) Week Numbers on Calendar Option, Close Calendar on Lose Focus Option, Calendar Dialog now dynamically resizes at runtime if/as needed (toggle Week Numbers to see), and Added Miscellaneous Tab to Properties Dialog to Adjust Above.

So, Let me know what Ya think.

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Okay guys, I gotta admit I'm a little ashamed of all of us for this one.

It seems that setting an alarm for X:xx PM resulted in the alarm going off at both X:xx PM & X:xx AM - That's hardly acceptable...and I'm not sure how the hell I missed it (in retrospect). But one of the alarm loop tests (which was set for 6:00 PM) woke me up at 6:00 AM this morning ... Which required a low grade Witch Hunt to crucify the jackass that had woke me up at 6:00 AM on a freaking Sunday... (Which turned out to be me)  :-[ ...Oops.

So... I'll just call this one the Sunday Morning Bugg fix build.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2010, 01:42 PM »
It seems that setting an alarm for X:xx PM resulted in the alarm going off at both X:xx PM & X:xx AM - That's hardly acceptable...and I'm not sure how the hell I missed it (in retrospect). But one of the alarm loop tests (which was set for 6:00 PM) woke me up at 6:00 AM this morning ... Which required a low grade Witch Hunt to crucify the jackass that had woke me up at 6:00 AM on a freaking Sunday... (Which turned out to be me)  :-[ ...Oops.

So... I'll just call this one the Sunday Morning Bugg fix build.

lol,
go 24hr !  :-)
Tom

sagji

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2010, 04:15 AM »
The 7.5 download includes a copy of 7.3.

Also in the first post it says known issues none - but should it not mention my problem with the properties dialog appearing off screen when DPI is set to more than 100% and the taskbar is on the right?

Some more information about it.
My screen is set to 2560x1600 (widescreen)
Where the dialog appears depends on the width of the taskbar - if it is minimum width then the dialog isn't visable, if it is very very wide then some of the dialog appears to the right of the taksbar, if it is set so that 10 notification icons fill one line then the left border and a very small part of the dialog appear under the taksbar.