ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

O&O Software freebees

(1/2) > >>

dspelley:
Does anyone know much about the O&O Software products?  There's a defragger, uneraser, file eraser, and cache manager.

Over at CyberNet News they have links to free licenses. I think most of the licenses are for older versions, but it appears you may be able to use them for discounted upgrades. I'm not familiar with their products.

40hz:
I've used O&O Defrag in the past and was generally happy with it. It worked. Not much else to say about it other than that.

I've since gone over to MyDefrag ( www.mydefrag.com ) so I'm not too up on what O&O's been doing lately.

FWIW, the free defraggers that usually get the best reviews are :

Auslogics Disk Defrag
O&O Defrag
MyDefrag

They're all free, so why not try one and just switch to another if it doesn't work for you?

There's a nice discussion about defraggers (and a bunch of other stuff) over at the Gizmo's Freeware website.

Link: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-de-fragmenter.htm

PhilB66:
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.

40hz:
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.
-PhilB66 (March 02, 2010, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why it's always good to go over to GMail, GMX, or Hotmail every so often and create a 'registrations' mailbox.

Use that for all those sites that insist on an e-mail address before they give you a download link or registration code.

That way if (or when) the spammers eventually find your mailbox, you can just abandon it and get a new one. It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.

Spam???  :tellme:

Bring it on! We are not afraid.  8)

;D

Innuendo:
It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.-40hz (March 02, 2010, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

My ISP has a web control panel where we can create our own email addresses. I'll create one for use & when it starts getting spam I nuke it and create another one. It's really handy for those sites that don't allow the use of free email addresses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version