topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DVDFab Passkey  (Read 3916 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DVDFab Passkey
« on: March 07, 2010, 10:37 PM »
If you call 2 months free usage a deal, then I guess it's a "deal."

http://www.videohelp...tools/DVDFab_Passkey

Works just like AnyDVD.  They say it's free as long as it's in beta.  I don't know what they plan on charging when it's out of beta, but the About box says it's good to May 7 and I installed it today.

I tried it on one BluRay.  About 19 GB of stuff on the disk. I just did an explorer drag & drop copy.  It copied the entire contents to my HD in about 28 minutes.

Seems comparable or maybe a bit faster than MakeMKV.  MakeMKV when it goes out of beta is going to be $50 one shot "lifetime" license.  It may be a better deal in the long run.  Every other BluRay solution I've seen they want another $$ fix every so often.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DVDFab Passkey
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Every other BluRay solution I've seen they want another $$ fix every so often.

AnyDVD HD has a lifetime license option, but it's not cheap (about $120 right now after one of Slysoft's frequent 20% discount promos that's running right now).

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DVDFab Passkey
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:37 PM »
That's a far cry from $50 though.  I took the plunge with MakeMKV.  The author seems determined to update and it has a user forum.  Although it is still good to try these other options, esp. during the freebie period.  Sometimes if one tool doesn't work the other will.

I tried AnyDVD and it seems to work well.  The pricing just puts me off.  Seems like competition is opening up.