topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: O&O Software freebees  (Read 4329 times)

dspelley

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • But it's a dry heat.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
O&O Software freebees
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Does anyone know much about the O&O Software products?  There's a defragger, uneraser, file eraser, and cache manager.

Over at CyberNet News they have links to free licenses. I think most of the licenses are for older versions, but it appears you may be able to use them for discounted upgrades. I'm not familiar with their products.
We are at the very beginning of time for the human race. It is not unreasonable that we grapple with problems. But there are tens of thousands of years in the future. Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on.
--- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: O&O Software freebees
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:10 PM »
I've used O&O Defrag in the past and was generally happy with it. It worked. Not much else to say about it other than that.

I've since gone over to MyDefrag ( www.mydefrag.com ) so I'm not too up on what O&O's been doing lately.

FWIW, the free defraggers that usually get the best reviews are :

Auslogics Disk Defrag
O&O Defrag
MyDefrag

They're all free, so why not try one and just switch to another if it doesn't work for you?

There's a nice discussion about defraggers (and a bunch of other stuff) over at the Gizmo's Freeware website.

Link: http://www.techsuppo...sk-de-fragmenter.htm

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:14 PM by 40hz »

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.

That's why it's always good to go over to GMail, GMX, or Hotmail every so often and create a 'registrations' mailbox.

Use that for all those sites that insist on an e-mail address before they give you a download link or registration code.

That way if (or when) the spammers eventually find your mailbox, you can just abandon it and get a new one. It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.

Spam???  :tellme:

Bring it on! We are not afraid.  8)

;D

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:24 PM by 40hz »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52 PM »
It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.

My ISP has a web control panel where we can create our own email addresses. I'll create one for use & when it starts getting spam I nuke it and create another one. It's really handy for those sites that don't allow the use of free email addresses.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 02:48 PM »
FWIW I have recently replaced MyDefrag with the free version of Puran Defrag. In the past I used JkDefrag and never figured to bump its successor MyDefrag, but Puran's boot time defrag has made it #1 on my machine.