Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • June 24, 2017, 12:34:11 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: O&O Software freebees  (Read 2217 times)

dspelley

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
O&O Software freebees
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »
Does anyone know much about the O&O Software products?  There's a defragger, uneraser, file eraser, and cache manager.

Over at CyberNet News they have links to free licenses. I think most of the licenses are for older versions, but it appears you may be able to use them for discounted upgrades. I'm not familiar with their products.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: O&O Software freebees
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
I've used O&O Defrag in the past and was generally happy with it. It worked. Not much else to say about it other than that.

I've since gone over to MyDefrag ( www.mydefrag.com ) so I'm not too up on what O&O's been doing lately.

FWIW, the free defraggers that usually get the best reviews are :

Auslogics Disk Defrag
O&O Defrag
MyDefrag

They're all free, so why not try one and just switch to another if it doesn't work for you?

There's a nice discussion about defraggers (and a bunch of other stuff) over at the Gizmo's Freeware website.

Link: http://www.techsuppo...sk-de-fragmenter.htm

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:14:28 PM by 40hz »

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »
Make sure you switch on the spam filter. It's free at a cost.

That's why it's always good to go over to GMail, GMX, or Hotmail every so often and create a 'registrations' mailbox.

Use that for all those sites that insist on an e-mail address before they give you a download link or registration code.

That way if (or when) the spammers eventually find your mailbox, you can just abandon it and get a new one. It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.

Spam???  :tellme:

Bring it on! We are not afraid.  8)

;D

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:24:20 PM by 40hz »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:39 PM »
It's neater and more honest than using a so-called 'disposable' address - and nowadays, most sites that ask are onto the disposable addresses trick anyway.

My ISP has a web control panel where we can create our own email addresses. I'll create one for use & when it starts getting spam I nuke it and create another one. It's really handy for those sites that don't allow the use of free email addresses.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »
FWIW I have recently replaced MyDefrag with the free version of Puran Defrag. In the past I used JkDefrag and never figured to bump its successor MyDefrag, but Puran's boot time defrag has made it #1 on my machine.