ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When 40%-Off Your Total Purchase Becomes 0.3%-Off

<< < (2/2)

Innuendo:
The thing is that I am kind of sad, because my post/comment wasn't meant to bash O'Reilly but point out how unexpected use cases and unplanned events backfire if they aren't properly handled. It turns out O'Reilly was actually having a planning meeting today to work on their new ecommerce website system.-tinjaw (March 01, 2010, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't be sad. If you hadn't posted on your blog:

1) You would never have gotten the great deal on the books you will now enjoy.
2) O'Reilly may never have caught the bug in their shopping cart system.
3) Others who want(ed) the same deal wouldn't be able to enjoy the great deal, either.

Rejoice. Your blog post did a lot of good for a lot of people.

Carol Haynes:
and O'Reilly's gets some good marks for spotting your post and quickly responding.

tinjaw:
I was already having an email conversation with O'Reilly. I mentioned the post just so they knew about it. I didn't expect a reply. I think they probably didn't realize that I hadn't used their name in my blog post.

Any how....

I'm glad all is now well in the world.  8)

app103:
That was very kind of you not to use their name in your blog post. Most bloggers would have.

Glad to hear O'Reilly cares and the issue is resolved for you, and soon for everyone else, too.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version