ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

CHM2Alias

<< < (3/4) > >>

phitsc:
It was the browser cache. Sorry about that. :-[

ewemoa:
No problem.

I presume then that it is working and I am happy about that :)

phitsc:
It does indeed!

Concerning ideas of making it simpler to use. I'm dreaming something up:
- "Start" CHM2Alias
- It presents me a list of all .chm files in "Program Files"
- The ones which I have already "created/installed" are marked somehow
- I can select a few of them and press the 'Create / Update' button
- Each one also lists the group alias name which I can change right there

So when I install a new application or update one I'll just start CHM2Alias again and select the new app / the app I updated and press the 'Create / Update' button again.

As a quick improvement I would suggest to name the group alias name without the 'chm' at the end ;)

ewemoa:
Thank you for confirming that the tool is working and your thoughts on making the tool simpler to use.

It is perhaps beyond my current AHK capabilities to quickly implement your suggestions -- however, I now have more motivation to learn about how these things might be done :)

Also, I have updated my local source to remove the 'chm' from the group alias name.  Thanks for this idea also.  

If you would like to see this change in your local version (and haven't carried it out already), the file to edit is map2aliasfile.js, and code here now looks like:

--- Code: Javascript ---// XXX: auto-naming is hard... ?    ts.WriteLine("        <AliasText>" + bname + "</AliasText>");    ts.WriteLine("        <Score>1000</Score>");
It is the 2nd line which is different.

P.S. In case it has sounded confusing, a portion of this program is written in AHK, and the rest is written in JScript (plus a tweak to make it possible to #include code from other files).

phitsc:
It is perhaps beyond my current AHK capabilities to quickly implement your suggestions -- however, I now have more motivation to learn about how these things might be done :)
-ewemoa (March 02, 2010, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wasn't suggesting that my suggestion could be implemented quickly ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version