ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Simply to much nagging here

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
ah one other thing:

we decided recently that none of our applications should ever "expire" and only resume "nagging" after some time in order that you return to the site to get a new freeware license key (as described on the page), and recently added 2 additional new features to make things easier:
1) people who really dont want to sign up at the forum can still download a shorter-period license key as many times as they want without signing up for anything.
2) after 1 year (two 6month freeware license key renewals) a non-donating user gets a full non-expiring license key for all apps.

i know it sounds complicated, but i'm just pointing out that we're trying to address the concerns people have raised.

the biggest concern from all this is that the complication is getting out of hand, and that is the issue we are struggling with the most now.. i'm confident that we will find a good balance if we keep at it.

brotherS:
I was interested in ProcessTamer "freeware" as it was recommeded by ShellCity and thaught this could be a helpful little prog, but actually the amount of nagging around what you call "freeware" makes it totally unuseable.
-ruhmkorff (January 26, 2006, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
"totally unuseable"? That's an exaggeration if I ever heard one!

Edvard:
 ;D Ya think Joey Parrish's warmongering penguin will get donates? -  http://armory.nicewarrior.org/projects/cygmp/

mouser:
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA
that picture is hillarious!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Carol Haynes:
Perhaps needs Cody needs a makeover after his Christmas jollity ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version