ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend anti-spyware, please?

<< < (7/7)

lanux128:
My little head is configured in such a way that I refuse to purchase this F-PROT, for the simple reason that I can only pay for five licenses! No, don't tell me that I get five licenses for the price of one; I only need one, but I cannot have only one; for some weird reason I must have five! My square minded brain then says that in such a case I am clearly also paying for five - which I won't.-Curt (May 15, 2010, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

it does says "License for up to 5 computers in the home" in the main area. this is very much the norm these days in view of the extended number of computers in use at home. iirc, some of the AV vendors such as McAfee and Kaspersky have a 3-user License with their home edition, which means buy one license and use on three computers. however F-Prot's wordings are not consistent because in the sidebar (see pic), the wording makes the user think that they're buying 5 licenses for the price of one.

• http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/win/

rjbull:
I refuse to purchase this F-PROT, [...] Is it "good", this five-for-one anti-virus?
-Curt (May 15, 2010, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if it's "better" or "worse" than othe AVs; as they share virus information, I assumed that efficiency was fairly similar?  An assumption that's not  very safe, I suppose.  But, F-Prot for DOS was free (at least for personal use) and I used it along with the now-defunct TBAV for some years.  When I needed an AV for Windows, it was not only the first one I thought of, but I felt I was paying something back to the company as a debt of honour.

cmpm:
Most any subsicrption based antivirus/malware will let you run their program on more then one computer for the price of one subscription I think.

Probably get flagged as a business for over 3 or 5, depending on the company.

ha14:
Hi
There is Immunet (http://www.immunet.com/), its a cloud fashion, give it try and its free!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version