ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend anti-spyware, please?

<< < (6/7) > >>

cyberdiva:
One of the things I love about MBAM is that, even according to the company, there's almost never a need to run a full scan: the Quick Scan is designed to do the job, and a Quick Scan generally takes < 10 minutes.  That being the case, I tend to run it every day.  Moreover, I don't care what kind of system resources it takes, since it's so fast.   :Thmbsup:

sajman99:
Just a simple program called SpyBot.
-RedPillow (March 10, 2010, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't used Spybot S&D in several years, but I'm sure it still has its fans. But I've never heard of Spybot finding malware which MBAM or SAS missed.

Still, Spybot version 2 will supposedly have realtime protection so who knows--maybe it will have a resurgence in popularity.

Innuendo:
I think a simple slider control would be more complexity than people in group 1 want to think about (and they'd still rightly complain about when the software allowed malware through when the slider was set to 'lite-but-less-accurate' mode), and not enough control or detain about what's happening for the people in group 2.-mwb1100 (March 10, 2010, 01:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point. Then there could be a checkbox that said "Handle this automatically" and when it was checked the slider would be grayed out. :)

sajman99:
I just saw where Sunbelt Software (VIPRE Rescue) and Malwarebytes (MBAM) have partnered in a joint venture.

http://vipre.malwarebytes.org:
If your system is infected, you need the most powerful combination to clean it. Best of all, through this partnership between Sunbelt Software and Malwarebytes, all the tools you need to scrub your PC clean are free!
--- End quote ---

Ah, free is good. 8)

Curt:
.. I run F-PROT Antivirus... -rjbull (February 27, 2010, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

My little head is configured in such a way that I refuse to purchase this F-PROT, for the simple reason that I can only pay for five licenses! No, don't tell me that I get five licenses for the price of one; I only need one, but I cannot have only one; for some weird reason I must have five! My square minded brain then says that in such a case I am clearly also paying for five - which I won't.
 :-[

Is it "good", this five-for-one anti-virus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version