ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

CDCompanion (ALPHA release) shape:spiral,lemniscate,drag&drop shape

<< < (2/5) > >>

Rigel:
Thanks  :D
I found an other rotation mode:
Mode 1: all the spiral rotate on center
Mode 2 (new): the spiral don't change but the element turn exchanging thier place so:

*     1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 -> ctrl-mouseScrollDown ->
* -> 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-1 -> ctrl-mouseScrollDown ->
* -> 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-1-2 .... or

*     1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 -> ctrl-mouseScrollUp ->
* -> 9-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 -> ctrl-mouseScrollDown ->
* -> 8-9-1-2-3-4-5-6-7 ....
Mode 3 (???): maybe the 2 above joined
Mode 4 (experimental): screw mode, when you turn towards center the spiral constrains progressively and when you turn away from center the spiral opens like a twister

sgtevmckay:
 :o Damn...this going to be great.......I am thinking of stuff  :P

You asked for suggestions at one point, and I do not even know of the problems that would be faced in doing it, but would it be possible to create an Infinity loop???

As the arrows imply, this is not two circles merged, but one complete loop

I can not even give you a mathematical solution for such a concept  :-[

BUT!, I am also thinking that when you have this completed to a point where you are satisfied, and are willing to do a full release, I would appreciate your permission to release this companion tool to the main wikidot site as a download.....What say you?
With your efforts and time, this Circle Dock companion controller deserves no less recognition.

Rigel:
Thank you very much
I'm proud of your proposition to add my app to wikidot. My app is a gift to community hence you have my authorization to do what you want but only if you have the authorization by Mark. Although seems difficult to do my app is not complex, I spent the major part of the time to hook the CD items and to filter the mouse functions.
So Mark can realize all my feature in a tenth of my time and so You must have his authorization. When I finish I release my app and then the math algo in pseudo-code for common use ;)

However your shape is a lemniscate often known as an oval of Booth. I found other math formulas like flower shapes where you can chose the number of petal
The difficulty to use a shape generally is not the formulas but you must find a way to outdistance the items along the path and then find a linear function for the rotation.
In case of lemniscate there is an other problem when the lines intersect each other.
The simplest solution is to ignore the problem and the icons collide.
The best solution is to use a z-axis to make smaller the items passing under the intersection progressively where they go closer to it.
I'm working on second solution also for other shape like twister but for now I find nothing to do that.  :(

When my work on drag&drop is finish maybe I upload an alpha version only for shape.
Bye

Rigel:
Lemniscate added as sgtevmckay's desires  :D
See the last 2 image of first post for info.
Bye

sgtevmckay:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version