ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pirate vs. Paying Customer illustrated

<< < (9/12) > >>

wraith808:
I think there are:
1. I know what URLs I've posted and have a record of them.  This helps me not to post the same thing over again, and be able to go back to the reference for something that I've posted earlier more easily.
2. There are several developer tools that I've been experimenting with for posting from bit.ly automatically to other places (and they've been experimenting with them too- they already have an interface to gmail, facebook, and pop in addition to twitter).  I have various groups of people that I interact with over different mediums (including print), and to be able to post all at once rather than from each individually is a great timesaver.
3. I'm already using it for twitter, so not to have a different URL to use for different mediums helps also.

I've thought about creating my own url shortening service to address issues 1 & 3 ... maybe I should take that approach (though using bit.ly is so easy...)

Innuendo:
The use of bit.ly links aside, I don't see the need for an OpEd article detailing anything regarding UbiSoft.

UbiSoft regularly lies to their customers. UbiSoft has always regularly lied to their customers. And chances are UbiSoft will always regularly lie to their customers.

They have always wanted to be the next Electronic Arts and have blatantly copied all of Electronic Arts's business practices, both the good and the bad.

wraith808:
Well, the article was articulating something I said earlier- about the rock and a hard place this sort of DRM puts gamers in.  You either deny yourself the enjoyment of what is most likely a very good game- invariably doing nothing other than hurting yourself or contributing to the lower sales of the game which they will blame on the PC market dying rather than their DRM system.  Or you buy it, and support their decision to use DRM.

J-Mac:
Interesting OpEd article on the UbiSoft debacle -  http://bit.ly/clZtRB
-wraith808 (March 12, 2010, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why do you use bit.ly instead of direct links? please stop it.
-f0dder (March 13, 2010, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don’t even try to change other people's behavior; not my job! However I just use a Greasemonkey script TinyURL Decoder. It automagically changes all the shortened URLs I see to full links. Easier for me that way!

Thanks!

Jim

RedPillow:
I really hate people who continuoysly talk about how wrong piracy is, how sad it is for the artist, how much you suck if you download illegally - its annoying!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version