ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

My middle mouse button not working with v. 1.5.4.6

<< < (2/4) > >>

mmcevil:
I'm running XP, so I wasn't expecting it to necessarily help based on the release notes, but just so you know it's official, the latest version still don't respond to my mouse at all. 
Luckily, I can program the mouse buttons to send keystrokes, so I set CD up to respond that way, but, depending what programs I have running, it doesn't always work.  So, any help with the mouse issue would be appreciated.
Thanks!

sgtevmckay:
apologies mmcevil

I ave been doing some research, and have found that Logitech tools (for mutli-button mouse) do not play well with windows.
So I am going to assume that your version of Logitech mouse is 5 or more buttons and you are utilizing the Logitech software to operate and program that mouse.
I am also finding that there are several other multi-button mouse that are having the same issues, especially in cases where mouse customization software is installed.

I have run into this issue, and I own an VX Revolution.
My solution was to re-assign the search button to shift+f1, and this has corrected my issue altogether.

Let me know more about your mouse and any software you are using to control it, and I will as well.
If this is the problem I think it is, a button will need to be dedicated to Circle Dock alone, and universally, and I can walk you through how to do that

Let me know

UPDATE:
I found your mouse and it is similar to mine.

In the image below: What do you have assigned to the button pointed to???

This is teh button that I have assigned the Shift+f1 to, and made teh necessary changes in the Circle Dock settings......

If you are interested in doing this, or something similar with another button, let me know what version of teh logitech software you are using, and I can work up a quick tutorial for all of us  :Thmbsup:

worick:
just to toss my 2 cents in my middle button toggle is not working either on Windows 7 64bit with a logitech trackball using MS drivers.

sgtevmckay:
just to toss my 2 cents in my middle button toggle is not working either on Windows 7 64bit with a logitech trackball using MS drivers.
-worick (March 05, 2010, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually that may be a completely different issue  :-[
Apparently windows 7 does not like to play nice with the included Mouse DLL...apparently there is a growing list of issues, even though the DLL in question has been working for years.

We are continuing to look into this issue, but I fear we maybe running out of avenues to explore  :-[

Markham could probably expand on this issue a bit

Markham:
-worick (March 05, 2010, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Here's the situation. The global mouse and keyboard handler was actually written by a Microsoft MVP some years ago (abt 2004) and has been working in many apps and utilities for many people ever since right through the Windows 7 betas and until Windows 7 was released. For some (maybe many) people it still continues to work with Windows 7 - I, for example, use A4 Tech mice here and never experienced this and I know of users with Acer, Microsoft and Dell mice who also have experienced no problem. One thing is for sure, users of Logitech mice, such as your good self, do experience a problem with the mouse ceasing to trigger the dock's visibility. I've borrowed a Logitech mouse and have confirmed the problem for myself.

There are a couple of workarounds which, according to my testing, do appear to work consistently. Firstly you could try assigning one (or more) of the mouse modifier keys so that the toggle becomes (say) Ctrl+Middle Button.

The other option is not to use a button to toggle the mouse at all, rather use a screen edge and what works best for me is the following: In "General -> Location", set "Version 0.9 behaviour"; In "Visibility -> Show Dock", enable "Screen Right Edge", set "Edge Width/Height" to 2 and "Dwell Time" to 1. Now you can simply flick your mouse pointer to the righthand edge of your screen and back towards the centre and the Dock will appear. You can fine-tune those settings to suit yourself.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version