ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

UltraSearch: a competitor to Everything?

(1/4) > >>

alexey_r:
Haven't tried it out yet to see how it compares, but here it is: http://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch/

nudone:
looks like a simplified version of Everything, with it just having basic input for search terms.

sajman99:
looks like UltraSearch doesn't find folder names, only file names.

MerleOne:
Reminds me SearchGT, but free !

MilesAhead:
I just ran across this today on Addictive Tips. I like that it doesn't need to run in the background. One thing I noticed with Everything, I would get results that didn't show new files I knew were on the system.  Then I'd have to manually bump up memory usage. I didn't get any indication from the app that it needed more ram.  I just noticed after awhile something wasn't right.

This seems a bit slower, which is expected since it's not running in background. One thing I like is it will work with my Selector program.  If I select a file in Explorer, or highlight text in an editor, or copy text to the clipboard, then launch UltraSearch via Selector, it comes up with the selection as search term. I like the simple design.  The programmer wasted time creating htmlhelp .chm file when you really don't need it with this.  But it is nice to see a freeware that comes with some kind of help file.

I've just put it on both Windows Seven and Vista machines and turned off Everything.  I'll see how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version