ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Right, time to work on...o_0 a shiny penny, I WANT IT!

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Right, the reason behind this post is the fact I am completely fed up of going to edit a document, or work on a piece of software and then getting distracted and either don't do it, or do something less productive.

I have been working on a novel for about 5 years, and i currently only have 72 book size pages (appx 30 A4) and for the past 4 month I have had the WORST writers block ever.

Does anybody else have times like this?  If so, how do you work around it?

Love to hear your ideas of how to get motivated into working on ONE project at once, rather than 875239 different things!

Josh:
Sorry, saw this post and immediately thought of our fearless leader mouser

KynloStephen66515:
haha, guess I'm not the only one this happens to then  :greenclp:

Shades:
Seclusion?

Perhaps on an island...out of the range from any cell phone provider...without internet...or any other form of media.

A place similar to RobbenEiland would help I think

Stoic Joker:
I've found that the fastest way to get anything done is to slow down - Screw the "Big Picture" it's fuzzy chaotic and detail-less. Well defined problems always have simple answers and frenetic motion just wastes energy. Stick to the nuts & bolts.

Looking at a project in it's entirety can/will quickly overwhelm you, so just pick part of it, an small part and boil it down to its most basic form ... Then do that. And the next bit, and the next...and pretty soon you'll find yourself at the other end if it - Done. Now step back for a "Big Picture" view of only that project. If anything is missing do that (only), if not move to next project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version