ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Third & The Seventh - Beautiful CG short film

<< < (2/2)

JavaJones:
Actually making things convincingly blurry is one of the harder things in CG, believe it or not. ;)

- Oshyan

tomos:
It is a very beautiful film, thanks :)

I'm still confused about what exactly was 'real' and what not. From one comment I got the impression the buildings are real, but the author says "-I think i must make it clear. There are a few non-CG elements in the shortfilm: photographer (shot on greenscreen), pigeons, timelapsed growing flowers, flying airplane and sky backgrounds." Ironically some of the real things were IMO the weakest parts of the film (photographer just too arty & cliched, pigeon & flowers a bit kitchy). I feel a bit callous being critical of such a wonderful piece of work though :-[

Deozaan:
Ironically some of the real things were IMO the weakest parts of the film (photographer just too arty & cliched, pigeon & flowers a bit kitchy).-tomos (January 25, 2010, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's interesting. I was thinking along the same lines. Especially with regard to the photographer. I was sure the photographer was CG because it was one of the worst looking parts of the whole thing. :huh:

tomos:
meant to post this ages ago:

The building is Bangladesh's parliament building designed by Louis Kahn - from the above film which I think is mostly (all?) based on Kahn's work.

Louis Kahn's son Nathaniel made a documentary film My Architect: A Son's Journey- I saw it over 5 years ago so it's not that fresh in my mind but it's very much worth a look.

A clip from the film here (dailymotion.com).

zridling:
Quite lovely, thanks for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version