topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What are characteristics of programs most likely to interfere with SC?  (Read 4741 times)

doncodfish

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a problem on my primary computer with the scrolling capture in some apps. In Opera (8.51 and 9.0) it just doesn't capture outside the visible window, and in the device settings tab of HP printer driver properties, it either hangs terminally or eventually produces a huge graphic with fragments of the image repeated at intervals.

It is not due entirely to SC or to the target apps, because I can do the scrolling capture in the same apps on another computer.

Can you give some pointers to the kinds of programs, drivers etc., that are likely to interfere?
I have other screencapture and graphic programs installed, but not running at the time. The problem persists if the system is rebooted.

Thanks for any help. It is a much-abused, but basically solid computer, and I rely on it a lot.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
can you tell me what mode you are using to capture? is it the mode with the red box, when you capture a windows objet my moving the red box around it and then hitting control+click?

do the normal whole screen capture modes work ok?

are we only talking about scrolling captures, or what?

doncodfish

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The problem is only with scrolling capture in red-box mode, and only in those specific programs.
Opera only has the problem on one computer, on other computers, scrolling capture works fine in Opera. For this, I would just like some suggestions of what processes might be interfering with the capture.

The worse problem, with the Device configuration tab in HP printer properties, occurs on other computers as well.

In other programs SC works beautifully. Thanks for all the work you have put into SC.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
Doncodfish, perhaps you should give info on operating system version(s) and the running processes - Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com can save a list of the current running processes. Might help :)
- carpe noctem

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
carol found one program, xdesk, a virtual desk thing.

try this, instead of activating scrolling capture with ctrl+shift+mouseclick, use the alternate method of holding shift key and then pressing the RIGHT control button (instead of clicking mouse).

programs that might interfere would be maybe a windowsblind like windows skinning program.

what exactly "happens" when you try to trigger a scrolling window capture?  does it scroll the window but fail to capture it, or fail to scroll it?  are they identical versions of opera (it might be that i didn't take into account some older version of opera thing).

as for hp printer tab - does the window scroll or just blink and not scroll?