topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 64-bit Version now available  (Read 5159 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
64-bit Version now available
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:36 AM »
I have now released a version of Circle Dock that is specific to 64-bit Intel/AMD platforms.

Read this carefully before downloading and installing

This version is very much a test version and should be treated with caution. The code-base used to create this release is identical to that for the (32-bit) v1.54 which I released the other day so should work the same. However, those of you who have experienced problems with the Mouse Toggling when running under 64-bit Windows 7 should notice an improvement; I have had a 64-bit version running here almost all day, with varying lengths of "hidden" time, and mouse toggling is certainly working for me.

Certain things may NOT work, for example, there may be a problem with Folder Stacks - so, be warned!

After installing Circle Dock, you should right-click on its entry in the Start Menu and select "Properties" and from the "Compatibility" Tab, check "Run as Administrator", then click on "Apply" and then "OK". This will prevent any UAC issues.

Please report any issues with this release as replies to this topic.

The download link is contained within this topic.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 64-bit Version now available
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Works great!!! It's bit faster :D To me, no problem with Folder Stacks but I have UAC disabled.
p.s. I try -show also in this 64bit release but don't work  :(
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:59 AM »
The -show command worked sometimes, but only then on a true 32-bit platform. I've now fixed it (for the next release) and it is working reliably (for me!).

On a 64-bit platform the 64-bit version should be faster as there's no 32-bit emulation involved.

Mark

shirahmad

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:54 PM »
hi iam using circle dock on a 64 bit windows 7 ultimate and the problem with this is that whenever i restart my computer the circle dock just comes up on the center of my screen beside taking it to top right corner and locking the position there i have tried everything to fix it but i cant if any one knows how to help please contact me on      [email protected]

bleh75

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Trip out I just tried the 64 bit the other night.I was very impressed on the memory usage it used like a 1,000k compared to Rocketdock's 5 t0 10,000 k .I liked the look of it a lot. It kept bugging out a bit and didn't want to save settings.I'll have to try it out again now that I know theres a help forum here  :)