ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Way to have FARR only scan (1) files in My Docs and (2) start menu apps?

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
It does, however, by default adds launched items to a launchhistory, which can be cleared from the options.
-d4ni (February 26, 2010, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's probably the solution

prr:
Clearing the launch history wouldn't have anything to do with this. All the items that I have launched (and are in the history), are in fact ones I want to appear. It is the ones I would never launch, that I'd like taken out of the results--specifically, documents (like I said I use Google Desktop search for that). I have never launched from FARR, a document, and yet my searches always end up with documents at the top, and I can't find even folders that I have launched in the past, in the results.

At any rate, in a year or so I'll come back to this and check out the release notes for subsequent versions. I have tried looking all over for alternatives to Launchy, and this is the only one that was faster than it, that did what Launchy does.

mouser:
maybe if you show us some screenshots of your search folders dialog screen in farr options, then we can help more.
there is no reason you can't get farr to not show those items you dont want it too -- it sounds like there is something really simply going on that you don't like, which would be easy to fix if we had a better idea of where the results are coming from that you dont want.

maybe you want to join the chat channel (see CHAT! button above) when i am around and i can try to walk you through the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version