ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

People are really (really, really) stupid

<< < (7/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
I browse low, therefore I'm dumb.

PhilB66:
-cranioscopical (March 09, 2010, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
-cranioscopical (March 09, 2010, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I heard low eyebrows is the new trend.

iphigenie:
There's another issue here besides the fact that most people arent interested in their computer that much to learn about it, they just want to write and email, chat with friends and return to their lives.

The real issue here is the power of google - what most people see, use and know of the internet is what google chooses to show them on the top 3 links on the first page. An algorithm totally secret, commercially motivated, and one that really can make or break a site

Even facebook could be affected if google chose

MarmotMan:
WOW. Just.... wow. OK, so the method of typing in a site's name or even URL into Google to find it, I get that it's common, and maybe it's not totally retarded.

--- End quote ---
Actually, it's not retarded at all. If you don't have a bookmark for a site, it makes sense to Google it. This way you don't accidentally get a phishing site because you didn't get the URL exactly right. This is particularly true when the most reasonable address has been cybersquated by some dirtbag.

What IS retarded is to just click on the first hit without actually reading it -- and not using bookmarks.

bleh75:
I am sad for the future of mankind.  :(-JavaJones (February 19, 2010, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you want to be sad, see the future of online chatting: http://chatroulette.com/

Click away people you don't want and get a a new chat partner in an instant. And you better be interesting yourself, else you'll be clicked away before you can say a word.  :huh:

-wr975 (February 19, 2010, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

HAHA :P I've pretty much quit any message board I was ever a regular at.People are rude,stupid, etc even on help threads lol.This board is mellow and helpful I like it  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version